I See a Line, I Wait In It ~ A January 2016 TR - Completed 12/29

I love the morning show but haven't seen it since 2014.

I have yet to see that new pan queue. One of these days I will!

Winnie the Pooh is always fun.

Mine train has really grown on me. It's short but it's fun.

I have honestly never done the carousel. Maybe I did when I was like two but I don't remember my trips from that young.

Philharmagic is awesome unfortunately I missed it this trip.

Those are chocolate chip waffles made at home with my Mickey Mouse Waffle Maker. We made a big batch and brought them with us to heat up (double wrapped) in the food court microwaves for breakfast on a few days.
How many people asked where you got those? That's really a good idea!

On this particular morning, I had trouble with the microwave. Seriously. It’s a microwave, how hard can it be to use?
Well, microwaves aren't hard to use. It must have been you.

The Welcome Show was cute, as always. We had last seen it in November 2014, and I remembered it being a bit longer. So I’m guessing we may have seen a rain-shortened version of the show. Darn rain.
Maybe it was. I was actually kind of surprised that the characters were out there since they tend to like to keep them out of the rain.

The standby time for 7DMT was allegedly 30 minutes … but we saw the line and it didn’t look like 30 minutes (more like 70), so we skipped it and chose a different ride instead…
So it was only halfway to Dumbo? Not bad. :rolleyes1

As you can see, the wait was advertised as 5 minutes … and it was a walk on.
Nice! I really saw some crazy lines for this one while we were there.

This was attraction #6 of the day. #7 if you count the Welcome Show.
The timestamp on this picture? 9:58 AM.
All of this was done before 10 AM. The park opened at 9 AM.

I hate mornings, and I will say that a lot … but it was at that point that I finally understood rope drop. I still don’t like it (because, well, mornings), but I get it now.
::yes:: Rope Drop is critical!

I love the morning show but haven't seen it since 2014.

You should try to see it on your next trip! It's one of those things that I don't think you need to see every trip, but it's worth seeing every few years.

I have yet to see that new pan queue. One of these days I will!

It's cute, but personally, I don't think it's worth waiting on a long line just for that. If you can't get a FP+ and see a short wait, then definitely do it, but FP+ is still better.

Winnie the Pooh is always fun.

Agreed! It's one of my favorite non-thrill rides.

Mine train has really grown on me. It's short but it's fun.

I've loved it since the first time I did it. I really never understood why people don't. Yes, it's a little short, but it's super cute!

I have honestly never done the carousel. Maybe I did when I was like two but I don't remember my trips from that young.

That is shocking to me. I can't believe you've never done the carousel.
I've probably been on at least 50 different carousels in my life - it's one of those things that I see one and I have to go on it. It's a family thing, I guess - most of my family are not really thrill ride people (I wasn't until about 10-12 years ago either), so carousels are something we can all do.

Philharmagic is awesome unfortunately I missed it this trip.

It's sad that you missed it, but that just means you have to see it on your next trip!!

Hi Sarah!!! Joining in on the fun! (How could I possibly miss one of your TR's!!!) Looks awesome so far!!!

Hi Ann! I'm so glad you're here following along!
(Also, I just noticed that you have a PTR for your May trip ... I need to go check that out!)

I love it! :D Can't wait to read more! :D

How many people asked where you got those? That's really a good idea!

We ate them at MK while waiting for the Welcome Show, so I'm guessing nobody saw them. Although *spoiler alert* we did eat some sitting down at a park on a different day, and nobody asked about them.

Well, microwaves aren't hard to use. It must have been you.

I maintain that this was some sort of complicated microwave that doesn't work the same way as normal microwaves.
I mean, what microwave makes you push the "reset" button when there's time left over from the last person who used it?

Maybe it was. I was actually kind of surprised that the characters were out there since they tend to like to keep them out of the rain.

At that point I wasn't surprised to see characters. It wasn't until a few days later than I learned that they pull characters inside when it rains. (Although that does make a lot of sense ... wet characters are probably no bueno)
But more on that later.

So it was only halfway to Dumbo? Not bad. :rolleyes1

It was actually only about a third of the way to Dumbo ... so maybe only 60 minutes?

Nice! I really saw some crazy lines for this one while we were there.

Yeah. I have no idea why the lines get crazy. But it's nice to have a short line!

::yes:: Rope Drop is critical!

Rope Drop is early. I can't get over the early.
You can often get short lines late at night, too. You just have to find a day when the park is open really late.

I maintain that this was some sort of complicated microwave that doesn't work the same way as normal microwaves.
I mean, what microwave makes you push the "reset" button when there's time left over from the last person who used it?
Um... ours does. It's a common thing, really. :rolleyes1

Rope Drop is early. I can't get over the early.
You can often get short lines late at night, too. You just have to find a day when the park is open really late.
True. But when EMH lasts until 10... well, the lines don't get too short!

Um... ours does. It's a common thing, really. :rolleyes1

In my defense ...
Okay, I got nothing. Apparently I just can't figure out how to use a microwave. Mine probably works exactly the same, I've just never paid attention.

True. But when EMH lasts until 10... well, the lines don't get too short!

That's true. But when the park is open until 1 AM, those last 2-3 hours are amazing!!

Day 2, Chapter 2: This Will Be the Best Ride Ever!
Wednesday, January 6th, 2016

When you last saw us, we were experiencing item #7 of the day, Mickey’s PhilharMagic. Next on our agenda was a journey Under the Sea:

WDW2016_Day2_138.jpg

Yes, I did take pictures on the ride. They’re not great, but here’s a selection of the better ones:

WDW2016_Day2_140.jpg

WDW2016_Day2_143.jpg

WDW2016_Day2_146.jpg

WDW2016_Day2_150.jpg

WDW2016_Day2_153.jpg

WDW2016_Day2_155.jpg

After learning the story of young Ariel (because it’s not like I already own the movie or anything), we decided it was time to visit the princess herself!

WDW2016_Day2_156.jpg

WDW2016_Day2_157.jpg

Once we surfaced from under the sea, we knew exactly what our next stop should be – more princesses! Of course, we got a little distracted on our way there and had to stop for some more pictures.

WDW2016_Day2_165.jpg

WDW2016_Day2_168.jpeg

Okay … no more distractions. It was time to meet some royalty!

WDW2016_Day2_170.jpg

WDW2016_Day2_171.jpg

WDW2016_Day2_176.jpg

Once we said goodbye to the royalty of Arendelle, it was time to head out of Fantasyland. But before we could do that, we had one last stop to make:

WDW2016_Day2_185.jpg

I know some people don’t love “it’s a small world,” but I do. Plus, I knew I would enjoy the ride on this particular day.
Why?
Because of something I heard from a kid behind us on line – “This will be the best ride ever!”
Okay kid, if you say it, I believe you.

For those of you who refuse to ride because of the music but still want to know what it looks like inside, here are some pictures:

WDW2016_Day2_188.jpg

WDW2016_Day2_190.jpg

WDW2016_Day2_192.jpg

WDW2016_Day2_194.jpg

Our traditional on-ride selfie:

WDW2016_Day2_195.jpg

WDW2016_Day2_196.jpg

WDW2016_Day2_197.jpg

Arrested Development fans may appreciate the top of this picture (I always take this one for my brother, who hates Disney, but likes Arrested Development):

WDW2016_Day2_201.jpg

Once we returned from our tour of the small world, it was time to head out of Fantasyland.
So, what land would be our next stop? You’ll have to tune in for the next update to find out!

Coming Next: Relatives Lie!

Last edited:
For some reason I couldn't get a setting on my camera that would take good pictures in the dark for little mermaid so that's why I just went video. Anyways I do enjoy that attraction and it never has terrible waits.

I myself haven't met Anna and Elsa but my sisters have. Looks like you got some good photos with them.

I was planning on going to IASW during our trip but I never made it over there. Oh well another thing I have to do in the next trip.

Can't wait to see what's next!

That’s right, the rope drop rush! We weren’t there for an actual attraction, just for people watching.

Wow, it looked pretty crowded even for a rainy morning!

I finally understood rope drop. I still don’t like it (because, well, mornings), but I get it now.

It's the only time crowds are reasonable these days...even then it doesn't last long...

Hey I LOVE LOVE LOVE that deathtrap of the PeopleMover! Secretly it is like almost my favorite ride in MK! And I have no reason why....lol

It looks like the rain did not stop you and had you made the best of the morning. I really need to get back to rope drop...not sure why I have missed it the last few trips. I just love the excitement and magic it builds...sorry about the go pro and the orange jacket...you seemed to handle it way better then I would have...okay in my mind I would have handled it different but in reality I would have just stood there.

Love all the attractions you have already visited...and all the great photopass pictures!

Great update! I've only done a quasi-rope drop (actually getting in the park before it opened for our breakfast ressies at Crystal Palace).Main street was almost empty, it was amazing.

You two got on a lot of rides in that hour, very impressive!! Cant wait to read more. :flower1:

I hear you on not liking mornings :snooty: If I could, I'd sleep until close to 10 every day; I'm much more of a night person. I wish my kids could just get themselves up and ready for school without my help lol!! But, I will NOT complain about getting up early when in Disney, because like you I understand the benefit of RD ::yes:: Doesn't make it fun or easy to wake up early, but once you're actually in the parks it's worth it!

Great morning! You really got a lot of rides in! I enjoyed the photo tour of the rides!
I love seeing the morning show, but I've really only see it 2 or 3 times. I'm really not a morning person by choice, but have to get up early anyway, to get to work, so I'm usually up that early at the beginning of the disney trip, but not so much near the end.

I love hearing random funny comments from people around me at Disney, like this will be the best ride ever.

Your photopass photos came out great! And I love the big smiles you both have whlle meeting the Princesses! I did not know there was a Lumiere magic pic!!!

BTW, you had asked me to post my marathon video when I was done. Here it is. Just beware it was my first time using my GoPro and editing so if anyone on here watches it and has feedback take that into consideration. I see some on here are considering their first runDisney event. I tried to show how big these events are, hopefully it helps you guys if you watch.

Enjoyed your video! I needed some motivation to get out there today & get some training in!

Love the welcome show! I would like to see it every trip too! A great way to start the trip!

haha... going to be the "best ride ever!" I mean I also love its a small world... the music doesn't even bother me to much!

Thank you so much for sharing your video...hoping to do my first marathon (and dopey) in 2018! This was inspiring, exciting and just darn right fun to watch!

(Continued from Previous Post)

Day 2, Chapter 1: I Think I Understand Rope Drop (Part 2)
Wednesday, January 6th, 2016

Once we had made it through the Peter Pan’s Flight queue (approximately 8 minutes, including many picture stops), it was time to jump in our ship, get sprinkled with pixie dust, and head off to Neverland!
So, what did we see in Neverland?
Well, there were some mermaids:

WDW2016_Day2_075.jpg

Captain Hook and Peter Pan:

WDW2016_Day2_079B.jpg

There are lots of other pictures … but they didn’t come out so well. Oh well, *SPOILER ALERT* we had plans to ride again on our second MK day, so maybe I would get better pictures then.

We were off the ride shortly after 9, and it wasn’t quite time for our first FP+ yet. The standby time for 7DMT was allegedly 30 minutes … but we saw the line and it didn’t look like 30 minutes (more like 70), so we skipped it and chose a different ride instead…

WDW2016_Day2_081.jpg

As you can see, the wait was advertised as 5 minutes … and it was a walk on. Pretty soon we were hanging with Pooh, celebrating his birthday with hunny.

Oh, you want pictures? Fine.

WDW2016_Day2_083.jpg

WDW2016_Day2_084.jpg

WDW2016_Day2_086.jpg

WDW2016_Day2_089.jpg

I have a few more trippy Heffalumps and Woozles pictures, but I figured one was enough for this post.

Once we were done celebrating with Pooh, it was finally time for our first FP+. And what better attraction to chose for our first FP+ of the trip than our favorite ride…

WDW2016_Day2_091.jpg

We were through the queue pretty fast, and were soon greeted with this sight…

WDW2016_Day2_093.jpg

On the ride and up we go …

WDW2016_Day2_094.jpg

In the mine …

WDW2016_Day2_096.jpg

Dancing with Snow White and the Dwarfs…

WDW2016_Day2_104.jpg

WDW2016_Day2_105.jpg

WDW2016_Day2_106.jpg

Old Hag …

WDW2016_Day2_109.jpg

Official ride photo…

WDW2016_Day2_098.jpg

(We were kinda in mid-conversation when this picture happened)

And, lastly, our official ride video… (I would just like to state for the record that I am unhappy about having to upload these files to youtube to embed them)

Once we returned from the mine, next on our agenda was, of course, princesses!

WDW2016_Day2_132.jpg

WDW2016_Day2_131.jpg

Our first princess of the day was the always wonderful Cinderella.

WDW2016_Day2_115.jpg

WDW2016_Day2_116.jpg

I did mention to her that we’d be eating in her castle later in our trip, and she was very excited!

Next up was Rapunzel …

WDW2016_Day2_125.jpg

Rapunzel was, as always, super chatty, and absolutely wonderful.

Next on our agenda …

WDW2016_Day2_133.jpg

Yay carousel! We love the carousel. It’s such a nice and relaxing experience (not like that death trap the PeopleMover) with great music and great views of the castle. And some show they were doing with the sword to which I was paying little attention. But anyway.

Once we got off the carousel, we headed for another nearby attraction…

WDW2016_Day2_134.jpg

This was attraction #6 of the day. #7 if you count the Welcome Show.
The timestamp on this picture? 9:58 AM.
All of this was done before 10 AM. The park opened at 9 AM.

I hate mornings, and I will say that a lot … but it was at that point that I finally understood rope drop. I still don’t like it (because, well, mornings), but I get it now.

Coming Next … This Will Be The Best Ride Ever!

Sarah, awesome second day report. I love the pics. I signed up for emails and I am not getting them on this thread for some reason or I would have been back sooner.

Rope drop is awesome. I made it to rope drop this trip and I got it on video. Whenever I am having a bad day I watch it and to my surprise it always cheers me up.

I am looking forward to more days from your trip. Keep up the good work.

Enjoyed your video! I needed some motivation to get out there today & get some training in!

I am glad you liked it and glad it helped motivate. I was struggling to get out today as well. I made myself get out there, I just had to. It was almost 60' today here in MA, which is unheard of for January. I got my run in and shorts. I even pushed the pace a bit this run too as I was taking this month easy to recover from the marathon.

I guess my notifications aren't working because I was two updates behind! Sorry!

Looove that you brought your own Mickey waffles (pancakes?) from home! What a great idea for not only dietary restrictions but also for people looking to save some money.

What a perfect magic shot with Tink outside of MK.

Sorry about the GoPro'er but I guess it could be worse....like an ipad or a kid on their dads shoulders. LOL.

I really need to make the Welcome show a priority on a trip soon....it's been a long time since we have seen it. I think your timing was perfect too. A great welcome to your vacation on the first morning AND you also aren't worn down yet so getting out earlier is easier.

So did you love the Peter Pan queue? We didn't wait it out this trip but hope to in April. Is it weird that I like it as much (or maybe more) than the ride?

Lucy wanted to ride the carousel this trip (not something we do very often) and I had to sit it out. I already had several things make me pretty dizzy and this wasn't worth the risk. I hate getting old. I never used to be that way.

Philharmagic is one of my VERY favorites. Did you know Bath and Body works has a holiday candle (Tis the Season) that smells exactly like the pie in Philharmagic? I love it!!

OMG I am loving the Lumiere picture!!

Your pictures with A&E are great. I haven't been back since they separated the sisters.

So far the princess count is 5, right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter