I See a Line, I Wait In It ~ A January 2016 TR - Completed 12/29

Yay! Happy to see your recap and it certainly got me excited for this weekend!!

So sorry about the rain. I'm glad you were able to talk yourself into getting over being upset and you could enjoy the race (or at least the last half). It's so hard when we work and train and spend a lot of money and then things don't go as planned. Sometimes you have to roll with it but it is difficult to not let your disappointment hinder the experience.

Yikes about the friend with the illegal bib. Even though there doesn't seem to be ill intent I would still be very uncomfortable knowing that was going on (I'm a rule follower too).

I didn't know that about the mylar blankets. Interesting! And nice for the refresher on the time between corral releases (10 minutes). Since I'll be slower than planned this weekend I unfortunately could end up needing those extra minutes.

Love that you got all the mile marker signs! It's always fun to see how dark they start out and how light it is by the end.

Remy and Emile is an awesome meet! I'm pretty jealous of that one. It is crazy to me that rD doesn't have a better character meet rain emergency plan. Couldn't they just pop up some tents? Glad things started to turn around with the both weather and the character stops.

How fun that you chatted with Kimberly Markey. I know who she is and ironically they were in front of us during the 5k at a character stop. In the moment I just thought they were a group of well dressed runners and then later I saw the pictures posted and it clicked. Haha! Missed opportunity to talk with them. You totally should have asked for a picture. They are definitely rD famous! And so nice of Dis-Ryan to brave the elements and cheer on the runners and cool that you got to talk with him for a minute.

I cracked up over your Phineaus and Ferb comment. I too don't know who is who.

Great finish line picture! Totally worth the money!

Sorry your race kind of left you with mixed emotions. Honestly in my limited running experience I think ALL races kind of leave you with that feeling. Although some are better than others. I hope you get a redemption rD experience soon. I personally think marathon weekend 2017 would be good. ;)

I read Beths review and will leave comments separately later. I will say that it was great to read her side! She needs to join here too!

All caught up! (I feel like I have been writing that a lot lately!)

Anyway, Congrats to you both on finishing both the 5k and 10k!

Great recaps, i love that you seemed to meet up a lot, but still were able to run at your own paces!

I love all the pictures, seems like overall its a pretty decent experience, even if the first half seemed a little tough.

Yay! Happy to see your recap and it certainly got me excited for this weekend!!

I'm glad it got you excited!

So sorry about the rain. I'm glad you were able to talk yourself into getting over being upset and you could enjoy the race (or at least the last half). It's so hard when we work and train and spend a lot of money and then things don't go as planned. Sometimes you have to roll with it but it is difficult to not let your disappointment hinder the experience.

Thanks. The rain was definitely disappointing, and it was hard not to let it get to me, but I knew I had to try to enjoy!

Yikes about the friend with the illegal bib. Even though there doesn't seem to be ill intent I would still be very uncomfortable knowing that was going on (I'm a rule follower too).

It definitely wasn't something I was happy to hear!

I didn't know that about the mylar blankets. Interesting! And nice for the refresher on the time between corral releases (10 minutes). Since I'll be slower than planned this weekend I unfortunately could end up needing those extra minutes.

I didn't realize that the mylar blankets would be a problem either - so it's a good thing they announced it.
Of course, some people didn't listen, but whatever.

Love that you got all the mile marker signs! It's always fun to see how dark they start out and how light it is by the end.

I'm always entertained looking at my race pictures - the early pictures are so dark and by the end of the race they're so well lit!

Remy and Emile is an awesome meet! I'm pretty jealous of that one. It is crazy to me that rD doesn't have a better character meet rain emergency plan. Couldn't they just pop up some tents? Glad things started to turn around with the both weather and the character stops.

Remy and Emile was definitely my top character meet of the trip. I was so excited to see them!
And yeah, I really wish they had some tents for the characters!

How fun that you chatted with Kimberly Markey. I know who she is and ironically they were in front of us during the 5k at a character stop. In the moment I just thought they were a group of well dressed runners and then later I saw the pictures posted and it clicked. Haha! Missed opportunity to talk with them. You totally should have asked for a picture. They are definitely rD famous! And so nice of Dis-Ryan to brave the elements and cheer on the runners and cool that you got to talk with him for a minute.

It's cool that you saw Kimberly Markey during the 5K ... even if you didn't realize it was her at the time. I definitely noticed the costumes first and then put two and two together.
And it was definitely awesome that Ryan was out cheering and I got to chat with him a bit.

I cracked up over your Phineaus and Ferb comment. I too don't know who is who.

It's good to know that I'm not the only one!

Great finish line picture! Totally worth the money!

Thank you!

Sorry your race kind of left you with mixed emotions. Honestly in my limited running experience I think ALL races kind of leave you with that feeling. Although some are better than others. I hope you get a redemption rD experience soon. I personally think marathon weekend 2017 would be good. ;)

Haha 2017 is not even on my radar right now. Too much other stuff going on.

All caught up! (I feel like I have been writing that a lot lately!)

I know the feeling ... I'm so far behind on some PTR/TRs right now!

Anyway, Congrats to you both on finishing both the 5k and 10k!

Thank you!

Great recaps, i love that you seemed to meet up a lot, but still were able to run at your own paces!

Thanks! It was definitely great to be able to get our character pictures together but still each run our own race!

I love all the pictures, seems like overall its a pretty decent experience, even if the first half seemed a little tough.

Thank you! It was definitely a good experience, despite the rough first half.

Day 4, Chapter 2: Gluten-Free Breakfast of Champions
Friday, January 8th, 2016
When you last saw us, Beth and I had finished the 10K separately. I finished first and waited for her in the finisher’s chute area. She found me, and once we were reunited, we went to get our official finisher photo and banana/snack boxes, and then had a runDisney employee take a picture of the two of us and our medals:

WDW2016_Day4_088.jpg

We made our way through the tent and back to the staging area, hoping that Minnie would be there, since she had not been there before the race. Minnie was not out, but we waited in line for the background, hoping that she would come out before we got to the front of the line (because at this point the rain was pretty light). So, did she come out?

WDW2016_Day4_091.jpg

No, she did not. And not only that … after we took this picture, it started to rain. But not rain like we had encountered before and during the race. This was like monsoon level rain. So we hustled back to the bus. Where it was dry. And not raining. Because unlike older NYC buses, this bus did not leak. Thankfully.

The bus took us back to Pop Century, and we made our way back to the room, where we did some quick stretching. We also had a decision to make.

We had FP+ for Animal Kingdom. We had time to make it there before our first FP+, but we weren’t really sure if we wanted to go to Animal Kingdom in the rain. Beth suggested going to Animal Kingdom and just skipping Kilimanjaro Safaris, which she figured might not be so fun in the rain. I kinda just didn’t want to go to the park at all.

We decided that if we were able to reschedule our FP+ for Tuesday (which was our departure day and was not originally planned as a park day), we would skip AK for the day and do Disney Springs instead. I pulled up MDE on my phone and was able to schedule FP+ for really good times on Tuesday (without even having to cancel our Friday FP+). So we decided to do AK on Tuesday, cancelled our Friday FP+, and made the decision to head over to Disney Springs.

Once we were showered and changed, we went to wait for a bus to Disney Springs.
In case you were wondering what kind of rain we were dealing with …

WDW2016_Day4_094.jpg

Yes, it was that wet. Kinda explains why we were not really in the most excited of moods … we’re not big fans of the rain, and we only had one umbrella (I don’t do such things as pack umbrellas). We did both have sweatshirts with hoods, though (technically we were both wearing my sweatshirts, but that’s because Beth had brought a pullover but wanted to wear a zip-up so as to not hide her race shirt, and I had brought two zip-up sweatshirts).

Oh, and remember how I was complaining that there was no sign with information about the race? Look what apparently showed up some time in between when we went to bed on Thursday and when we got back from the race on Friday morning:

WDW2016_Day4_093.jpg

Boom. That’s runDisney having their act together (something which they’ve been pretty bad at lately, actually, but that’s a story for a different time). Pop Century was a little behind the times.

Anyway … we boarded a bus and made our way to Disney Springs. Our first plan was breakfast (it’s very important to eat after you run, as I know from experience … I may or may not have gotten sick at Target after a long run a few weeks before the race), but on our way there we got distracted by snowgies!

WDW2016_Day4_095.jpg

We must have missed this on Tuesday night because of the dark. But I love me some snowgies (and Olaf), so we had to stop for a picture.
Also, it looks like Sven is licking my head. Just saying.

Snowgie picture complete, it was time to head to our breakfast location.
Except that I get distracted easily, so … there was another picture first:

WDW2016_Day4_096.jpg

Because who doesn’t love Muppets topiaries? (Beth is a big Kermit fan, so we stop for all things Muppets, but topiaries are especially awesome)

After a bit of wandering (and a stop at World of Disney to buy postcards that we did not end up writing and sending until later in the trip), we finally arrived at our breakfast purchase location:

WDW2016_Day4_097.jpg

Erin McKenna Bakery NYC is a vegan, gluten free, dairy free, egg free, random other stuff free, kosher bakery. I don’t think I’ve mentioned it on here before, but Beth and I are kosher-observant, which severely limits what & where we can eat at Disney. Having a kosher bakery in Disney Springs is pretty exciting for us. After I took my obligatory picture, we went in and got ourselves some breakfast.

We picked out two pastries for breakfast (plus something extra for my Saturday morning breakfast), and then went to Ghirardelli for coffee.

Here’s a picture of our entire breakfast (plus me off on the side, wearing my race shirt under my Disneyland Tink sweatshirt):

WDW2016_Day4_100.jpg

By the way … this is where my random note taking helps. While writing this up, I couldn’t remember what coffees we got, but I decided to consult my notes … and the information was there. I got a White Chocolate Mocha and was underwhelmed by it (which is sad, because I’m normally a big white chocolate mocha fan). Beth got a Caramel Latte. Much as I love Ghirardelli (chocolate, ice cream, and coffee), this was not our best visit.

In the picture above, you can see three pastries. One was my chocolate chip cookie for Saturday morning. Here are some close-up pictures of the others:

WDW2016_Day4_099.jpg

Not the best picture, but … that’s a cinnamon roll. It wasn’t terrible, but it wasn’t great. It looked better than it tasted. We wouldn’t get it again. We actually did not finish it that morning, and Beth ended up having the leftovers for breakfast on Saturday.

WDW2016_Day4_101.jpg

That is a coffee crunch donut. It had a bit of a different taste than your traditional donut, but it was excellent. Definitely the winner of the breakfast – we finished the whole thing and absolutely would get it again!

Once we were done with breakfast, we took what was left of our coffees and made our way to World of Disney for some souvenir shopping.

In an instance of Sarah being weird … since my 10K outfit was inspired by Dumbo, when I saw a stuffed Dumbo in the store, I had to give Dumbo a chance to wear my medal:

WDW2016_Day4_102.jpg

Beth wore a princess crown, because that’s what princesses do:

WDW2016_Day4_103.jpg

In addition to being silly, we bought some souvenirs, including a bowl for my mom, a keychain for me, and some other stuff. I don’t have any pictures of it (we weren’t so great with the pictures at Disney Springs), but I promise, this stuff does exist, and my mom uses the bowl all the time.

We finished our shopping, but still had plenty of time left before we had to go back to the room. The sun had come out by this point in the day (and of course, we did not have our sunglasses), and we had some discussion about what to do.

We thought about doing more exploring of Disney Springs … but we just didn’t feel like it.
I was thinking about Splitsville … but Beth wasn’t in the mood for bowling.
Beth wanted to go back to Pop Century and explore the hotel … but we’ve done that before and had plans to do it again later in the trip, so I didn’t want to do that.

So what did we end up doing?

Stay tuned to find out!

Coming Next: It Feels Like an Old Mansion

Last edited:

Oh that rain just couldn't give you a break. We were in AK that day and got wet of course. Thankfully it stopped raining around lunch time so we could enjoy the rest of the outdoor attractions in the afternoon. I'm glad you were able to change everything easily.

RunDisney seems to act like they are brand new to this running thing lately. Hello you've been doing this for 20+ years get it together. Did you follow along with the bus situation at the Star Wars 10K this weekend? That was a disaster it seemed. Also a lot of complaints about merchandise being gone in no time to the merch hoarders. I almost think they should go to a bib required for race specific merchandise and then everyone could buy generic RunDisney merchandise.

I'm interested to hear what you did next!

WDW2016_Day4_094.jpg
Ugh, that's too bad about the rain. Especially that monsoon like rain.
Anyway … we boarded a bus and made our way to Disney Springs. Our first plan was breakfast (it’s very important to eat after you run, as I know from experience … I may or may not have gotten sick at Target after a long run a few weeks before the race), but on our way there we got distracted by snowgies!

WDW2016_Day4_095.jpg
This is so cute! I love how they have the snowgies in the picture. "Frozen Fever" was such a great short!
I also love this topiary. Anything Muppets is great! I hope they still have this in Disney Springs when I'm there this summer!
Erin McKenna Bakery NYC is a vegan, gluten free, dairy free, egg free, random other stuff free, kosher bakery.
This is one of the newer additions to Disney Springs right? It sounds very interesting!
I got a White Chocolate Mocha and was underwhelmed by it (which is sad, because I’m normally a big white chocolate mocha fan).
Too bad about the White Choloate Mocha. That is my favorite drink to get at starbucks.
In an instance of Sarah being weird … since my 10K outfit was inspired by Dumbo, when I saw a stuffed Dumbo in the store, I had to give Dumbo a chance to wear my medal:

WDW2016_Day4_102.jpg
Too cute!

Looking forward to seeing what you and Beth decided to do for the rest of the day!

WDW2016_Day4_096.jpg

Because who doesn’t love Muppets topiaries? (Beth is a big Kermit fan, so we stop for all things Muppets, but topiaries are especially awesome)

LOVE this!

WDW2016_Day4_102.jpg

But of course. Very cute

WDW2016_Day4_103.jpg

Nice crown! Could use some more bling though. Another cute pic

Can't wait to read what you decided to do next...

The coffee crunch donut looks good. We will be back in Disney in June with my sister, who has celiac and has to eat gluten free. Since we plan to stop at Disney Springs I'll have to take her there. :)

So what did we end up doing?
I'm guessing that you did some resort exploring. :)

Ya'll are so cute!!!

WDW2016_Day4_094.jpg
Jebus. You girls are troopers!!

Erin McKenna Bakery NYC is a vegan, gluten free, dairy free, egg free, random other stuff free, kosher bakery.
Now if only it was carb-free, too... :laughing:

WDW2016_Day4_102.jpg
Adorable!!!

WDW2016_Day4_103.jpg
That is a MIGHTY crown indeed!

Yeah for medals! You are making me think i should do a rundisney race... but this is pretty much my life motto

IMG_2263.JPG So not so sure that would work out for me!

Breakfast looks YUMMY! Love this pick with Dumbo and the Medal!

Oh that rain just couldn't give you a break. We were in AK that day and got wet of course. Thankfully it stopped raining around lunch time so we could enjoy the rest of the outdoor attractions in the afternoon. I'm glad you were able to change everything easily.

It was definitely easier to enjoy ourselves once the rain stopped. We were definitely happy that we were able to change our plans (although I think it wouldn't have been terrible if we had gone to AK - we still could have gotten a lot done after the rain stopped).

RunDisney seems to act like they are brand new to this running thing lately. Hello you've been doing this for 20+ years get it together. Did you follow along with the bus situation at the Star Wars 10K this weekend? That was a disaster it seemed. Also a lot of complaints about merchandise being gone in no time to the merch hoarders. I almost think they should go to a bib required for race specific merchandise and then everyone could buy generic RunDisney merchandise.

I didn't really follow along with the Star Wars stuff too much, but what I saw was insane. Between the merchandise issues, the bus issues, and character lines ... it definitely sounded like a total mess. I understand that it was an inaugural weekend ... but it wasn't the first race weekend they've ever done.
I like the idea of requiring a bib for race-specific merchandise, but I don't think it's going to happen. Oh well. Hopefully runDisney will figure it out eventually.

I'm interested to hear what you did next!

Hopefully I'll have an update soon!

Ugh, that's too bad about the rain. Especially that monsoon like rain.

Yeah, that rain was definitely a bummer.

This is so cute! I love how they have the snowgies in the picture. "Frozen Fever" was such a great short!

Frozen Fever was awesome! I'm definitely glad that they have some snowgies in there!

I also love this topiary. Anything Muppets is great! I hope they still have this in Disney Springs when I'm there this summer!

I hope you can see it in Disney Springs! We were definitely happy to find it!

This is one of the newer additions to Disney Springs right? It sounds very interesting!

It opened last February. I was actually in Disney Springs the day it opened (or the day after it opened, something like that), but I didn't know it was open, so we missed it. They definitely had some good stuff.

Too bad about the White Choloate Mocha. That is my favorite drink to get at starbucks.

White Chocolate Mocha is one of my go-to drinks anywhere I go (although at Starbucks I tend to stick with cinnamon dolce), so I was definitely a little bummed.

Too cute!

Thanks!

Looking forward to seeing what you and Beth decided to do for the rest of the day!

Hopefully I'll have an update soon!

LOVE this!

Thanks ... so do I!

But of course. Very cute

Nice crown! Could use some more bling though. Another cute pic

Thanks ... but you're right, it definitely needs more bling!

Can't wait to read what you decided to do next...

Hopefully I can get another update up before you leave for your vacation!

The coffee crunch donut looks good. We will be back in Disney in June with my sister, who has celiac and has to eat gluten free. Since we plan to stop at Disney Springs I'll have to take her there. :)

I definitely recommend Erin McKenna Bakery - they really had some good stuff!

I'm guessing that you did some resort exploring. :)

You may or may not be right about that :)

Ya'll are so cute!!!

Thanks! I think I would have said wet, but cute works too.

Jebus. You girls are troopers!!

There are very few times when I regret not bringing my rain boots on vacation with me. This was one of those times.

Now if only it was carb-free, too... :laughing:

I'll take the carbs, but I would like calorie-free...

Adorable!!!

Thank you :)

That is a MIGHTY crown indeed!

:)

Yeah for medals! You are making me think i should do a rundisney race... but this is pretty much my life motto

img_2263-jpg.163092
So not so sure that would work out for me!

You can usually walk the 5Ks ... you get a cute rubber medallion and no running required! (You can walk all the races, actually, you just have to walk fast)
And something is chasing you ... the sweeper buses that pick up people who fall behind the required pace! :rotfl:

Breakfast looks YUMMY! Love this pick with Dumbo and the Medal!

Thanks!

Hmmm I'm wondering if you ended up at a park after all since the sun came out??

Hopefully you'll find out soon!

I love all of your pictures with the medals! The two of you together, with Dumbo and wearing a princess card.

Good call on skipping out on Animal Kingdom in the rain. I hope your rescheduled day is better there.

The Muppet topiaries are SO adorable!

Glad you got a chance to sample some everything-free treats, even though they weren't all hits.

::yes::

Looking forward to hearing more about your trip! So nice about the kosher (plus other things free) bakery. When we lived in NYC, I loved BTW Bakery which is kosher and gluten free, which was super useful.

I love all of your pictures with the medals! The two of you together, with Dumbo and wearing a princess card.

Thank you!!

Good call on skipping out on Animal Kingdom in the rain. I hope your rescheduled day is better there.

We definitely didn't feel like we could have the best possible day there in the rain. Thankfully (spoiler alert), there was no rain on our rescheduled day!

The Muppet topiaries are SO adorable!

::yes::

Glad you got a chance to sample some everything-free treats, even though they weren't all hits.

Thanks - we're also glad we were able to have some treats!

Looking forward to hearing more about your trip! So nice about the kosher (plus other things free) bakery. When we lived in NYC, I loved BTW Bakery which is kosher and gluten free, which was super useful.

:welcome: and thanks for joining in!
I had actually never heard of BTW Bakery before ... but I looked at their website just now and it looks like they have some great stuff. I'll have to check it out next time I'm near one of their locations!

Day 4, Chapter 3: It Feels Like an Old Mansion
Friday, January 8th, 2016
After spending the morning exploring Disney Springs, we were left with the decision of what to do Friday afternoon. The we discussed a few options, and settled on resort exploration.

Our destination? The Port Orleans resorts.

We went to the boat dock and waited a little bit before boarding a boat. We passed a number of beautiful sights on this boat ride, including many signs for Downtown Disney (not pictured, but I felt vindicated after slipping up and using that name several times over the course of the trip) and a pretty Mickey head:

WDW2016_Day4_105.jpg

After a nice 20-minute boat ride, we arrived at the first stop … Port Orleans French Quarter. And that is where we exited the boat to begin our exploration.

For those of you who have never been to the Port Orleans resorts, there’s a path that goes along the waterway. Our plan was to follow along that path, stopping to look at anything that grabbed our attention. I pulled up a map on my phone to orient us, but we really didn’t use it much – mostly we just wandered and figured we’d follow the signs (and hopefully not get lost).

Our first stop was actually behind some construction walls. I had seen pictures of the pool at POFQ before, and even though it was under construction, I had to take my own picture:

WDW2016_Day4_107.jpg

And for those of you who were wondering … yes, I found that creepy. I don’t need to be swimming around a giant sea serpent.

Once I had taken my creepy picture, we continued along the path (which, btw, was beautiful and peaceful):

WDW2016_Day4_108.jpg

Beth really liked the signs for the path:

WDW2016_Day4_110.jpg

We had to make sure that we were heading in the right direction…

WDW2016_Day4_111.jpg

Finally, we came to a parting of the ways. Which way would we go?

WDW2016_Day4_112.jpg

Fine, it wasn’t actually a parting of the ways. To go back to POFQ, we would have to turn around and go back where we came from. So I’m guessing you can figure out what we did.

WDW2016_Day4_114.jpg

As you may have suspected, we chose to continue onward to POR to see if there was anything there that grabbed our attention.

Turns out, there was. We’re kinda fans of princesses. We think they’re pretty alright. So when we saw something that looked like the area where the Royal Rooms must be, we stopped to take some pictures of princess-y things:

WDW2016_Day4_116.jpg

WDW2016_Day4_117.jpg

WDW2016_Day4_118.jpg

WDW2016_Day4_119.jpg

These were kinda cool, but they didn’t really overwhelm me with love for the theming the way the values do. The picture taking wasn’t done yet, though … so would the next set of themed objects blow me away?

WDW2016_Day4_120.jpg

WDW2016_Day4_121.jpg

WDW2016_Day4_122.jpg

WDW2016_Day4_123.jpg

WDW2016_Day4_124.jpg

WDW2016_Day4_125.jpg

No. No they did not. Again … meh. They were kinda cool, but I’m not wild about having guesswork involved in my themes, and that’s what this felt like for me. I get that it was supposed to be subtle, but that didn’t really appeal to me.

Beth and I were talking about our impressions of the resort, and I realized that POR kinda reminded me of an old mansion. I’ve been to many, many old houses and mansions (we come from a tourist family), and while I like them, they don’t all blow me away (and when they do, it’s often the inside, not the outside (I like gilded ceilings) … with the exception of maybe Kykuit, where the views are what’s most amazing about it). POR felt like that … nothing drew me in about it. Maybe the rooms are nice, but the outside bored me.

Next we decided to head towards the POR pool area:

WDW2016_Day4_126.jpg

WDW2016_Day4_128.jpg

That tree was planted at POR (or Dixie Landings, I guess) on Earth Day 1991 and Old Man Island was built around it. So that’s kinda cool.

More pictures:
WDW2016_Day4_129.jpg

WDW2016_Day4_133.jpg

WDW2016_Day4_131.jpg

It was time for us to head back to the room, so we walked over to the boat launch to catch a boat back to Disney Springs.

One last picture taken at POR:

WDW2016_Day4_134.jpg

As we were waiting for the boat, there were some Dopey runners in front of us talking about that morning’s race. We didn’t get involved in their conversation at all, but it sounded like they had a very different race experience than we did. Apparently corral placement made a huge difference here, because the rain was lighter early on and they did have some characters out during the first 5K for the earlier corrals. Just something interesting to note.

We got on a boat back to Disney Springs, and I took one last Port Orleans picture:

WDW2016_Day4_136.jpg

(This was taken with the cell phone. The same cell phone that normally can’t take a decent picture. I don’t understand my cell phone camera sometimes.)

Once we returned to Disney Springs, we made our way back to the bus stop, where we didn’t have to wait long to catch a bus back to Pop Century.

One of my goals for every trip is to get a picture of some sort of hotel sign. I usually try to do it from the bus while entering the resort. I always fail. I’m terrible at it. Except apparently not this trip:

WDW2016_Day4_138.jpg

I’m pretty impressed at myself – that’s a great picture (at least by my standards). Go Sarah!
And yes … I took this, not Beth. With my crappy point-and-shoot. Once in a blue moon I do something right.

Once we got back to the hotel, we picked up some staples for our next few meals and then made our way back to the room. We showered, changed, and prepared ourselves for our Sabbath (which started Friday night and lasted through Saturday night), and once the Sabbath had started and I had said my prayers, it was time for dinner. Dinner was food we had bought from home, so we ate that and hung out a bit before hitting the sack.

I don’t have any notes on it, but I’m guessing we fell asleep pretty quickly. After all, we had been up since some obscene hour of the morning. It was pretty nice to go to sleep knowing that we had no early wakeup call waiting for us the next morning!

Friday “End of Day” (Until Approx. 5 PM) Stats:
Steps: 26,625
Miles: 12.22
Flights of Stairs: 9

Coming Next: Rainy Day/Bright Night

Last edited:
I've stayed at POR twice and really the like the place. I have also stayed at POFQ but I was like 2 years old and I have a picture in the pool with the serpent.

POR has two sections and it seems you mainly stuck on the side that they call the Mansions. I've only stayed on the side called Alligator Bayou which isn't mansiony but rather more lush and beautiful in my opinion. I haven't stayed at Carribean beach or Coronado springs but POR is my favorite moderate.

Good job on the hotel sign. I never even thought of trying to get a photo of beach club.

Turns out, there was. We’re kinda fans of princesses. We think they’re pretty alright. So when we saw something that looked like the area where the Royal Rooms must be, we stopped to take some pictures of princess-y things:

WDW2016_Day4_116.jpg
I really want to stay at POR one day. It sounds like you and Beth had a nice walk! I think these are very cute, subtle but a nice touch.

One of my goals for every trip is to get a picture of some sort of hotel sign. I usually try to do it from the bus while entering the resort. I always fail. I’m terrible at it. Except apparently not this trip:

WDW2016_Day4_138.jpg
Great picture!

Looking forward to reading more!

We had walked the other direction, from POR to POFQ, when we went resort hopping. We liked Riverside a lot more than FQ, but I can see why so many people like the compact FQ. We then took the boat to DS.

You walked an impressive number of steps that day. I can't believe how much you got done that day. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter