I secretly booked Pop Century Resort for our trip next month!!!

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by codimouse, May 2, 2011.

1. codimouse

codimouse Over 45 Trips to Disney from San Antonio, Tx!

I am way too excited. We were booked at a downtown disney hotel, but I called in just to see how much 2 rooms at a value resort would be.
    I apparently had some kind of discount attached to our address.
    So I booked 2 rooms for our June trip. I only told my hubby, but not the girls. LOL
    I tried to get a bigger villa or deluxe resort for 6 people but no such luck but I am just as happy.
    We are traveling with our 2 DD's and 2 nieces. Cant wait to see their faces (if they are awake enough to realize it at 12:30am via Magical Express).
    :cool1::banana::cool1:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. bytheblood

bytheblood Guest

:teeth:

Good for you! I promise, I won't tell anybody!

I want to secretly book, too. If I can get a room-only discount for a value (which I swore I would never stay in) during the September/October time-frame, then I will be making a quick 4-night trip.

4. codimouse

good luck! i prefer moderates. we've stayed in other value's when a discount presented itself.
    as long as we are at Disney we are good!

5. jamie@dvcstore

jamie@dvcstore DIS Veteran

Hi codimouse,
    CONGRATS! :woohoo: That is great that you are going to surprise the kids. I am not sure if I could keep that secret, but it will be SO worth it once you get there, even if they are half asleep! :) Have a wonderful trip. :thumbsup2

6. codimouse

I am not great keeping secrets. I really want to tell them now!!!

7. bernmutt

bernmutt Earning My Ears

They will be happily surprised!

8. mb_uh

mb_uh DIS Veteran

Sounds great- i totally understand DH wants to keep our July trip a secret until we get there driving 16 hours:scared1:. We went last year and they really want to go so it is very hard- it will be a long drive ;)

Have a good time.

9. chocovrdmicears

chocovrdmicears DIS Veteran

I feel your pain. ;) I have been keeping the fact that we are going to Disney a secret from my kids for the past 8 months. :eek: They have absolutely no idea when they go to school in 23 days they will be dismissed from school to go to the airport. :banana:

10. codimouse

oh how fun!! :thumbsup2

11. beroh2253

beroh2253 Love Dixie Landings(POR)

This will be I think our 5th stay at POP flying in on May 30

12. KELLY

KELLY DIS Veteran

Have a great time at pop. :thumbsup2

13. wildcatfan

wildcatfan Mouseketeer

Wow! I love secrets. We are also staying at Pop in June. I think you will enjoy it. Is it your first time on property?

14. codimouse

First time at Pop but not first time at Disney resort property. We've stayed at the other values, Contemporary, Port Orleans and Coronado (my fave!!)Just with 6 people this trip it was going to be a lot cheaper staying in Downtown Disney. Good thing I called in!!
    We'll be there in June soon.

15. Wendy5055

Wendy5055 DIS Veteran

POP is a great value resort with its own bus service!:thumbsup2 We really enjoyed the food court and pools when we stayed there. If I had to choose a value resort, POP would definately be the one. :hippie:

Good luck keeping your secret...it has been 2 months and I keep trying not to leak our WDW trip to my DD9. :laughing: It is SOOOOOO DIFFICULT!!!!!:lmao:

16. lynn46356

lynn46356 DIS Veteran

Hooray for all of you!!!!!! We love Pop. Its our new favorite having stayed there now 5 times. Enjoy surprising your girls and have a wonderful stay!!!!! It will be fun for sure! :cool1:

17. JoePa4Ever

JoePa4Ever DIS Veteran

Ditto this - we love Pop Century - a very fun resort with the bright colors, over-sized icons, cm's doing the hustle daily at 6 pm... hope you have a great trip!

18. ocean134

ocean134 DIS Veteran

You will love POP and so will the children. Please, don't tell them, let it be a surprise!

This makes me remember when my sister and I called our parents to tell them that we were taking them to Disney for an early Christmas gift. That was back in 2008. My mom had been begging to go back so she could see the Osbourne Family Lights again. We've been back several times since then, but it was the first trip where 'us kids' treated the parents. It was awesome!

19. codimouse

what great "kids"!!

20. trekker93

trekker93 DIS Veteran

Pop should really be considered a home resort for many failies that have decided that this one is the best for them! From the theming to the food court to the great bus service, it is really a great vaue!:surfweb:

21. ocean134

ocean134 DIS Veteran

Could not agree more!