I really need help!

Have to chime in that I would also downgrade dining and lose the hoppers. Also if you are doing the Hoop Dee Doo, if you want to use the dining plan credits, you can, but you are limited in where you sit and/or what time you go. We opted to pay OOP for HDDR so we could go when we wanted and get good seats. So jealous, cant wait to go back to the World! have fun! :goodvibes

Or you can stick to QS for the rest of the week, having already gotten your $$ worth on the upgrade to the regular DDP by doing HDDR. If you are looking for a TS recommendation, dinner at Kona Cafe is one of our all-time favorites. The hopper option is about $50 per ticket, so it really adds up on 8 tickets. Have a great trip!!!!

Except that not all QS locations will allow you to use a TS to eat there. They are more likely to do so during Free Dining and in the parks, but there is always the chance that they won't be allowed to do so.

Except that not all QS locations will allow you to use a TS to eat there. They are more likely to do so during Free Dining and in the parks, but there is always the chance that they won't be allowed to do so.

Agree.

Gr8t fan, on the DDP you need to use TS credits for TS meals. TS meals= tips.

Agree.

Gr8t fan, on the DDP you need to use TS credits for TS meals. TS meals= tips.

I've never been turned down when redeeming TS for QS meals in 5 trips with the DDP, sometimes free and sometimes paid. It has caused some confusion at some QS places because the CM wasn't sure how to ring the order, but they've called someone over and resolved the issue. Of course, as with anything, YMMV, and you may not want the hassle while on vacation of having to call someone over to approve the exchange of credits.

I've never been turned down when redeeming TS for QS meals in 5 trips with the DDP, sometimes free and sometimes paid. It has caused some confusion at some QS places because the CM wasn't sure how to ring the order, but they've called someone over and resolved the issue. Of course, as with anything, YMMV, and you may not want the hassle while on vacation of having to call someone over to approve the exchange of credits.

Ohhh interesting! So I mentioned this post to DH and he reminded me that on our honeymoon, he traded 2 TS meals for a bunch of snacks. I had gotten sick our last morning and we missed our last TS lunch. So I guess it can be done!

WHAA?? Ugh, I didnt think that would be a problem!!

1. See if tickets are available for your dates from the YES program. http://www.disneyyouth.com/individual-enrollment/catalog/

2. Stay offsite at a pool home. We had a party of 11 in January and I can't imagine how crazy it would have been had we all crammed in hotel rooms. Windsor Hills is a popular, close development; we stayed at Romancing The Mouse and it was great.

Thanks to everyone for all the responses. I think the hopper and the water park will go. I dont have a (huge) problem with letting them go. The dining upgrade, I am disappointed to hear I might have trouble redeeming TS ceredits for QS, because really with a party of 10, even if I were to only do the 2 TS meals, it would be a savings. If I remember correctly just for HDDR, its in the area of $550 for dinner. Plus I have a res. for Ohana I'd like to keep. Mathematically, since we are only paying $500 (this is what the Cm calculated)for the upgrade, it would be cheaper to get the upgrade than get the QS And pay OOP, know what I mean? Originally, months ago when we booked we were going to Deluxe DP, but aside from it just being too much for the kids, my husband and I calculated at least $1000 JUST IN TIPS. well that aint happenin.:scared1:

Since there are 10 of ya, how many rooms will you have? How old are the children? Do you have anything you can sell on craigslist or in the newspaper? Can you cut your cable/cell phone/internet bill until after your trip?

The only other way to save money is to book a home off site and buy your tickets online and fix your meals at your rental home.

Good luck!

Have you priced the family suites at the Music Resorts? They sleep 6 have two bathrooms and kitchenett.

We will have 2 standard rooms at pop (which I just called to take off the hoppers and WP and found out I was paying for preferred, so there went another few hundred off) and the kids ages are 1,2,4,5,6,10, 12 and 12.....thats 8 right?:lmao: We have definitely sized down our budget..were even recycling cans for cash. (hey whatever get us there lol) Shelly, we would still need 2 of them, so it would still be a bit more than POP think.

I honestly think if you need to save money, you drop HDDR and Ohana and downgrade back to the free quick service plan. Do you really want to spend a good amount of time on vacation trying to find a place that will accept TS credits for QS? If you have trouble, finding a TS reservation for 10 is going to be practically impossible during free dining plus you'll then have to pay the tip.

I honestly think if you need to save money, you drop HDDR and Ohana and downgrade back to the free quick service plan. Do you really want to spend a good amount of time on vacation trying to find a place that will accept TS credits for QS? If you have trouble, finding a TS reservation for 10 is going to be practically impossible during free dining plus you'll then have to pay the tip.

I completely agree with this. Drop the TS and drop down on the dining plan. The QS is much easier with a group of kids.

We have not had Park Hoppers since they started charging for it and we don't miss it. Planning actually seems easier without it. I can't even imagine hopping with such a large family.

On the other hand the Water Park option seems to be a fairly good deal especially on a longer trip. On our last 10 day trip, we had it and went to DQ two or three times and to the Water Parks several times. If you'll go several times, I'd keep it over the other extras.

We like to have one TS per day but I would not pay for the upgraded dining plan if I didn't even plan on using all of the credits. Remember you'll save the upgrade cost plus the cost of tips.

In your position, I'd call and find out the potential savings of dropping the dining upgrade and the hoppers. If that's not enough, then I'd drop the Water park option, too.

I'd definitely keep the upgrade to the regular DDP for the two TS meals you mentioned because the upgrade cost is basically a wash. The way the TS to CS exchange works is this, you have to use all of your CS credits up before they will exchange TS for CS, but then you shouldn't have a problem. You may get a few funny looks, because you're losing some value in doing the trade, but they never turned us down.

I'd definitely keep the upgrade to the regular DDP for the two TS meals you mentioned because the upgrade cost is basically a wash. The way the TS to CS exchange works is this, you have to use all of your CS credits up before they will exchange TS for CS, but then you shouldn't have a problem. You may get a few funny looks, because you're losing some value in doing the trade, but they never turned us down.

I wouldn't plan my trip based off this. I've only found switches can be made at the hotel you are staying at. So I think it is definitely a YMMV thing and going into the parks on a TS plan w/o any ADRs would not be relaxing to me.

Here's my suggestion to save money:

drop back to the QS plan. You get the refillable mugs for 8 (2 aren't on the plans right?) plus you get 2 snacks per day so 16snacks per day instead of just 8. And this plan is free. ;)

drop back to base tickets. If you fine you want to hop then add hopping when you are there. There is no savings in adding it now. Also if you drop back to base tickets, you can also upgrade just those tickets of those who will get the best use out of the water parks. The little ones are not going to get a value from the waterparks. The older kids will though. So have a split day and just let the little ones play at the hotel pool while one parent takes the big kids to the water park and you only pay for the ones who are getting the value from the WP&M option. The big kids could also hit up Disney quest in the evening if the little kids are wiped out. That would be a good savings on the tickets.

I don't think either of the TS's you have planned are a must do, to be honest. Everyone has their own opinion so that's mine. :laughing:

I have never gone to HDDR but I know how my DS4 can get during a long meal and I cant imagine sitting thru a dinner show with 8 kids, especially 2 that are under 2. If I were you I would cut this out and go back to the quick service and also cut hopper and water parks...I can't imagine trying to keep track of 8 kids at a water park especially with such a wide range of ages...OK really I can't imagine having 8 kids lol, as I tend to have my hands full with 1 so my hat goes off to you two.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter