I really mean it this time!

Discussion in 'WISH Journals' started by jiminy.cricket, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Desiree

Desiree <font color=purple>BL II - Purple Team<br><font co

Week 4, Day 2 of C25K (although I just finished Week 5, Day 3 this morning! 20 minutes straight! Wooohooo!

Hope you can get your foot problems fixed and on the road again!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jiminy.cricket

jiminy.cricket Disneyphile Extraordinare

Congratulations and keep it up! Just a few weeks to go. And don't be discouraged if you miss a week or a day. You can jump right back on easily.

4. jiminy.cricket

So I kind of fell off the wagon, which I actually didn't expect. I did a four-mile run last week, but never followed up with the subsequent 7-miler with the advent of the holidays, traveling, snow, and sleeping in. The vision hasn't left my mind, though. I know I'll get back on at some point. I actually did a light run barefoot on the treadmill last night, which rendered my feet black and blistered. Not a good idea. Probably will not be doing that again anytime soon. My soles are feeling a bit better today.

As I've mentioned in other threads, I've experienced a few issues regarding shoe fit and protecting my toes. I'm planning on finding and visiting a clinic sometime in the new year to be fitted for shoes. I've had my current shoes for more than a few years and I'm finding this to be serious business!

In the spirit of the celebration of self-determination during the second day of Kwanzaa: If we can dream it, we can do it! Happy Holidays and a phenomenal 2013 to all.

5. Desiree

Desiree <font color=purple>BL II - Purple Team<br><font co

It is easy to fall of the wagon in the Winter I find. But the important thing is that you are picking yourself back up and trying again!

Have a safe and wonderful new year!

6. jiminy.cricket

Ran 8 miles on the 30th after a two-week hiatus but I was looking over the program again and I really feel I should start the week over. It looks quite rigorous with 5-6-mile runs in the same week aside from the longer runs. Maybe I should start over and build up to 8-mile and 9-mile runs.

7. Friend of a Mouse

Friend of a Mouse Braille: To touch words and have them touch you ba

I just found your journal and I am in awe. I have always wanted to run aa 6k but I am not runner. I am hoping to complete the C25K this year and reading your journal is very inspring.

8. jiminy.cricket

Thank you so much! I didn't think my log was particularly inspirational, but I'm so inspired that you were inspired. I've kind of fallen off the wagon this week. My current running schedule calls for a bit more rigor and time I'm not sure I'm able to commit. I'll figure it out. Remember to go at your own pace and don't be afraid to stop or slow down. Keep yourself in good shape and you will be running a 6K in no time!

9. jiminy.cricket

Long overdue update: Fell off wagon, decided to go for half-marathon, never registered. Decided that I wanted to completed the full marathon...need to figure out how to do that without being swept (15 minutes/mile). Now running in Newtons with socks to reduce friction and feeling a lot comfier. Goal is currently 2015 WDW Marathon. Need a plan.