I really hate the wind.

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by snapppyd, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Micca

Micca Where there's a will, there's an heir

So many relatively mild winter days get ruined by the wind. During other times of year when the temps are warm, wind spoils so many outdoor activities.

OTOH, there's no smog:)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. snapppyd

snapppyd God is Great, Beer is Good and People are Crazy

I'm on the 14th floor - had to go out on my terrace last night to take down my flag, thought I would get blown off!

4. Mariep26

Mariep26 DIS Veteran

I agree. I am in Massachusetts and the wind gusts were up to 50mph last night and this morning. Along with some wind whipped rain.. it felt colder than it actually was (the temps today are unseasonably warm). The wind was scary last night.. woke me up out of a deep sleep with the whole house shaking. Not a good feeling!

5. minkydog

minkydog DIS Cast Member

I totally concur. I am not genetically equipped for cold.weather. Brrrrr...we're towing our camper from Atlanta to south Georgia today in a 15-20 mph wind. Gusts up to 35mph. That can be an unnerving experience, but so far, so good.

6. JennaDeeDooDah

JennaDeeDooDah My oh my what a wonderful day!

It's been really windy in my area of Texas, as well, lately. I hate when it wakes me up. I hate that I take the time to fix my hair and that that is shot to bits as soon as I get out of my car. I hate that it chaps my lips. I hate that it makes it so we can't take our family walks in the evening.

I left west Texas to get away from the ridiculous wind. Now I'm being reminded of why. I also hate cold. Now, I know all of you north people will say that we don't experience cold in Texas and blah blah blah and all of that might be true by your standards. By mine, though, I don't like temperatures below 50ยบ. I don't like it one bit. Please come back, Mr. Sunshine. I see that he will be warming things up back into the 70's by this Saturday, so that's good. And it looks like the wind is taking a break for a while, so that is double good.

7. mommasita

mommasita DIS VETERAN Moderator

I hate it also...

Just nasty out there, and SO many accidents....

What is worse is all the rain we have received is going to FREEZE like you know what overnight.. Ice skates for tomorrow.

8. snapppyd

Be careful!! Long time no "see"! :wave2:

9. mommasita

mommasita DIS VETERAN Moderator

Aww. Ty, you too! Stay safe and warm..

10. kimmar067

kimmar067 TAGS?? It's all about the 'likes' now!

....I hate the wind too....ya can't spit in it....popcorn::

11. kimmar067

kimmar067 TAGS?? It's all about the 'likes' now!

....oh, and another thing: ya can't pull the mask off the ol' Lone Ranger.....and don't get me STARTED on what'll happen if y'all mess around with Jim! :scared:

12. tasha99

tasha99 DIS Veteran

The wind here can be awful. A couple months ago there were gusts 80-100mph with regular wind around 40. School did not close--though we walked the kids out to their buses one bus at a time. That is, except for the bus to the subdivision endangered by a fire caused by blown down power lines--they had to be held after. I've gotten used to it. Most of the time, the weather here is reasonable, but there are times I feel like I live on the ice planet, Hoth.

13. disykat

disykat DIS Veteran

I'm always amazed that in our current house we can have a pretty good wind storm and I don't even notice unless the power goes out until I go outside and see branches down. We live in a bit of a hollow, which is terrible for trying to catch a breeze in the summer, but apparently really good for sleeping through a windstorm.

I was always awoken by windstorms at our old house.

14. snapppyd

He'll huff and he'll puff......wait......wrong story :lmao:

We lost roof shingles in the hurricane, now every time it gets so windy I'm afraid of losing more. It's hard to find anyone to fix it right now, they are so busy with people who really got hit hard by the storm.

15. pumba

pumba DIS PUMBARIZER Moderator

the hurricane a year ago last September...we hadnt moved into our new house yet...and my husband was busy there re-painting inside...and the winds blew a pine tree down over the diving board and across the pool...ripped the pool cover and broke the diving board..
    SO we hired a tree arborist and he took down the trees in the yard...we had 8 pine trees that were always going to be a danger to the houses around and our pool...so down they came..

today instead of the high winds and almost 60 degrees yesterday...we have sun, no winds...and 20 degrees...yuck..