I ordered my gown!!!

theantibride

Mouseketeer
I ordered my gown yesterday! :woohoo: I know we're not getting married until October 2008 so we don't even have an official date or anything but I wanted to get the dress out of the way ASAP so it would be one less expense to worry about as the day drawers near. I also ordered my veil and bought my tiara. :bride: So now all I have to do is focus on paying for everything else. I just wanted to share cause I knew y'all would join me in my excitement. I am the very last of all my friends to be married so by now after everyone else's wedding all my girlfriends are like "Okay." I just wanna yell at them "Hey! I jumped up and down with you when you ordered your dress! It's my turn!" At least my bestest friend (and probably future MOH) was super-excited and squealed with me on the cell phone (until she got home to a screaming 20 month old and had to go). It just feels so real now. It's like it just hit me. WHAM! You're really getting married. You're going to be a bride. And then a wife. Yikes! It's so exciting and nerve-wrecking all at the same time!

Congratulations It's such a great feeling to get the dress out of the way isn't it? What's it like? Do you have any pictures? I don't think it's too early to buy the dress, many have bought there dress 18 months out or more. Glad to hear you're so happy:goodvibes

That AWESOME!!! :cool1: Congratulations on your engagement and your upcoming wedding!!

If you have any pictures of your dress I would love to see it.

Congrats on ordering your dress! I just ordered mine on Friday. It is definitely nice to get that stress out of the way. It took me forever to find one... I visited 15 shops over a period of 4 1/2 months. I know how exciting it can be to finally make a decision, enjoy!

Thank you all for the well wishes. I don't have a picture yet but as soon as I do I shall share! It's a very simple strapless A-line dress with a dropped waist. It's made of silk and has no frou-frou on it: no lace, no beading, no tulle, nothing. Just a nice simple elegant dress -- exactly what I wanted!

Well I will pitch in and say...

Congratulations! princess:

For a bride, one of the most exciting things is the day they pick/buy their dress. Shame on your friends for not sharing the excitement!

I have been married for almost 20 years, and I still got excited when one of my friends got married a few years ago. Wedding gown shopping is the best. I have always had a silent dream of owning a bridal salon or being a wedding photographer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter