I need to know if a Poon person can fit in the cars at Sci Fi Dine In Theatre

Bete

DIS Veteran

After making reservations I realized everyone in my party will not be petite. Will that be a problem? Can pooh folks get in and out of the car ok and sit in the car ok and eat?

I've never been to this restaurant and this has me worried, now. I did it for someone who liked the theming, but I don't want to embarrass anyone, here.

I think this person is around a size 20 and about 225 pounds.

You will be fine! I have eaten there many times, am currently just your size and was once 30 pounds heavier. When I weighed that, it was fine for me. Granted, these are not large booths however unless you were super tall or much bigger than a size 20 you would be fine. And they also do have standard tables for larger parties (as in number of guests) and people who do not care to sit in the car set ups. Have fun, I love Sci Fi, its a hoot!

I am larger than you, as is my husband, and we don't fit in the booth cars. The first time they tried to seat us there it was a bit embarassing. Since then we've always requested a "car table" at Sci Fi and everything has been fine

I'm glad there are alternate sitting areas just in case we have an issue. I'm not going to request alternate seating ahead of time; because, the fun of this place is being in the cars. Thanks for your responses.:thumbsup2

After making reservations I realized everyone in my party will not be petite. Will that be a problem? Can pooh folks get in and out of the car ok and sit in the car ok and eat?

I've never been to this restaurant and this has me worried, now. I did it for someone who liked the theming, but I don't want to embarrass anyone, here.

I think this person is around a size 20 and about 225 pounds.

I sure hope so...My last name is Poon and your post caught my eyes.....:rotfl2:

Disney tries its best not to embarrass anyone in any restaurant or attraction. Is your party an odd size like three or five? Then the pooh person (just saying that cracks me up but don't take it the wrong way) could sit in a row by themselves. And actually, I personally don't see a size 20 and 225 as a pooh person. Maybe a plus person.

Anyway - since you've never been to Sci Fi before, you might seriously consider taking a small flashlight or two with you. Reading the menu with the dark setting can be a challenge.

You will be fine, my DH is over 200lbs, and we fit nicely in a booth together. I am not 200 lbs, I am a little over average. We have room to spare. I think the booths should be fine. I don't regard a size 20 as pooh size either.:)

I don't think you will have a problem...but to save anyone from embrassment I believe there is a car like the one in the dining area outside of the restaurant that you can do a test sit in. If it doesn't work out ask for a table instead of a car when you get inside.

I will say that even if the fit is ok you may not be very comfortable .Just something to think about. Just the way it is set up is kind of close.
(Can you tell I'm all about comfort LOL)

BUT they do have the tables which I have had family sit at that have told me they liked that better and it was more comfortable.

If there's a sample car outside we will try it. We may use the tables inside anyway if it's more comfortable. We don't have kids on this trip; so, the car thing is not that important. I think it will depend on our attitudes that day.

Does the car outside have the "eating" counters? I remember the outside car having more room

When I was there in March, the car was gone. I don't know if it is back now or not, I don't remember it having the tables in it. It was just so everyone could get their picture taken in it. I hope the car comes back, I missed getting a picture of my kids in it last March.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter