I need to find the best CS at a disney resort!

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by disneydreamerjenn, May 10, 2010.

1. disneydreamerjenn

disneydreamerjenn Mouseketeer

Hi All,

I'm looking for some help...My DH and our six month old son and I are going to WDW in less than a week and I need to find one last palce to have lunch. We have one CS credit left for the trip. It needs to be at a resort though.

Any suggestions????

BTW...we are eating at Sassagoula, Earl Of Sandwich, and Captian Cooks already. And Boma, Ohana and Crystal Palace for TS.

TIA!!

Jen

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. CR Resort Fan 4 Life

CR Resort Fan 4 Life DIS Veteran

4. BriarRosie

BriarRosie <font color=blue>Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:<br>Cl

Why not Wolfgang Puck Express at Downtown Disney Marketplace? They take the DDP. I wouldn't say no to a second visit to Earl of Sandwich, but that's just me. ;)

To be honest, I find most counter service at resorts to be nothing that great, but I really like the two places at Downtown Disney.

5. MomtoEmIs&Ow

MomtoEmIs&Ow DIS Veteran

I agree that Wolfgang Puck Express is great!

6. vettegirl

vettegirl Dole Whip Queen

I agree WPE is an excellent use of the dining plan and the food is very good. If I was not on the dining plan then I could not justify the prices, they are high :scared1:

7. SnowWtch

SnowWtch DIS Veteran

We thing the Mara at AKL is the best resort CS we've found. DH and I love this place. The chicken pita sandwich is so good I wish I could get the recipe to make it at home.

8. disneydreamerjenn

Thanks Everyone!!!

I was told that WPE is awesome and a great deal. Maybe we'll try there! I also like the idea of going to a resort though. I've never really toured them much.
    So many places to choose from:confused3

9. RitaE

RitaE DIS Veteran

If you insist on a resort I would choose Coronado Springs and the Pepper Market.

But my first vote would also be Wolfgang Express.

10. ROEDISNEY

ROEDISNEY DIS Veteran My name

Wolfgang Express:thumbsup2

11. disneychic

disneychic DIS Veteran

I like the Pepper Market as well. We also enjoy Roaring Forks Cafe at the Wilderness Lodge -- they have great salads and sandwhiches -- they are HUGE!!!

12. tinkgurl

tinkgurl DIS Veteran

You've already mentioned Capt. Cook's, so another Resort CS we really like is The Mara at AKL.

13. SunnieRN

SunnieRN DIS Veteran

Yumm WPEC is great!! I would NOT go to the Mara, unless you like, fried shrimp, African stew in a bread bowl, fantastic entrees and the best soup I have ever eaten, for dessert they have zebra domes:scared::scared::scared:!;) Honestly, it is wonderful.

If you are at the Magic Kingdom, there is also Cap'n Cookes at the poly, with a killer pork sandwhich or flatbreads. The contempo cafe has a great sandwhich and cupcakes that are wonderful!!

14. 2Tiggies

2Tiggies DIS Veteran

Captain Cooks is a nice choice because the Poly is a lovely resort to stroll around if you want to see some of the resorts.

15. septbaby

septbaby DIS Veteran

The Pepper Market is great place for a "full meal". They provide a level of table service and charge a 10% up charge for the service. If you are using a CS credit the 10% is already included in the credit. In other words, if you are on the DP it is the best way/time to enjoy the Pepper Market. In fact they even offer steak as an entree option sometimes, yes for a CS credit. The extra service may be a welcome treat with a 6 month at Disney.

The good thing with CS credits is they don't require ressies, so don't get too bogged down with keeping your CS meal plans.

Finally, CS credits can also be redeemed at your resort for items to go, so you might consider using on for plane/road food too.

16. iloveeeyore

iloveeeyore DIS Veteran

Will you have a car? If not, Downtown Disney is kind of a pain to reach for lunch if you are planning it as a break between park time (no direct buses to DD from the parks, you have to first go to a resort, then back to a resort to reach a park later). Personally, I couldn't imagine going to DD 2x during a short trip, especially with an infant, even for the delicious food there...unless you have a car, and maybe not even then. Where are you staying? What park(s) will you be visiting on the day you are looking to schedule this meal? I'd go to the easiest place to which to travel...IMO, none of the CS places are THAT great that I'd spend time and energy travelling to and from them just for a meal; unless my stay was going to be very long (say longer than 6 days). That's just my 2 cents.

17. disneydee6

disneydee6 DIS Veteran

This place is a TS but in the middle of the day, it may not be bad. Beaches and Cream in the Beach Club. Cute place with yummy food.

18. DeeCee735

DeeCee735 "How Do You Know of the Key?"

CS at a resort....for us it's the Pepper Market at Coronado Springs

19. disneydreamerjenn

Yes, we'll have a car...Here's how it's going to work...We get in Friday night, Saturday we are shopping at the outlets Sunday we are at MK, monday we are driving to the FL keys. We are actually going to FL for my SIL's wedding, we just decided to tack on a mini WDW trip. We are staying at POFQ with the DDP. The meal that I'm looking to fill is: On the saturday instead of eating at Sassagoula for BK, we were going to just buy something quick the night before and eat in the room, (Might be best with the baby to not run off first thing to eat). That would free up a CS credit so that when we get back from shopping around lunch we would have a credit to use. And I wanted to try something fun. I don't mind driving within WDW.
    I'm still undecided:confused3

20. DJT

DJT DIS Veteran

Since you're staying at POFQ, you could just hop on the boat and go to DTD. We like both WGP and EOS and we love the boat ride!