I need some more points not sure how many and how does it work

Discussion in 'UK DVC Discussion' started by angel659, Apr 1, 2008.

1. angel659

angel659 <font color=peach>Have A <font color=deeppink>Magi

Hi

I am so excited at the prospect of staying at Disney for xmas this year. First ever time and especially as it will be Casey's last christmas believing in Santa I think. She will be 9.

Ok so this is what I have so far. I have 12th-21st December booked already in a one bed standard view at Animal Kingdom.

I have 177 points left. I want to extend my stay at Animal Kingdom standard or savanah in a one bed apartment till the 28th December. ]

How many points would I need from 21st-28th December? How would I use the points rented from here to add to my reservation? I am really confused on how it all works.

Is it

Sun 21 20 pts
    Mon 22 20 pts
    Tues 23 20 pts
    Wed 24 32pts
    Thu 25 32 pts
    Fri 26 65 pts
    Sat 27th 65 pts

Total 254 pts

Points needed to rent would be 77 pts.

If AKL has no availability does anyone have any availability in Wilderness lodge?

Many thanks.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Claire L

Claire L <font color=blue>Enjoys a good broadway show<br><f

Can you not borrow from your next UY allocation? I am guessing you may need to waitlist for some dates though.

Claire ;)

4. angel659

The reservation said we have 177 vacation points available in your Oct 08 use year. I dont think we can use 09 points. :sad2:

I know we are 77 points short which is two nights 26th and 27th. I dont know whether to try and book the rest of the dates.

I dont know how you would buy or rent points.How it works.

5. Claire L

As you have an Oct UY you can borrow from your 09UY for any reservation from Oct 08 to Sept 09 so you do not need to rent any points as you can borrow some, it is alot easier that way!

Claire ;)

6. Claire L

I take it your 07UY points were banked into the 08UY?

Claire ;)

7. angel659

Yeah my october uy was October 07. They said that they took liberty in banking our 07 216 points. That I had 177 points in 08 UY.

Oh wow I cant believe I can use my 09 points too. I am so excited. You can tell I am still learning. So excited.

xxx:dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

8. Claire L

Best get on the phone asap and check on availability :)

Claire ;)

9. angel659

Now I know I will be on the phone. I will let you know. Many thanks Claire. You have made my day lol. :hug:

10. Claire L

Any luck yet?

Claire ;)

11. waterford

waterford Mouseketeer

Hope you get what you are looking for.

12. angel659

Finally managed to get through and call them.

I managed to get 25, 26th and 27th booked. I am on a waitlist for 21, 22, 23 and 24th. I am in the same standard view one bed apartment.

I think she said that she had value studio room on those dates. I didnt want to have to worry about changing rooms. I really want to be in the same room on christmas eve. ;)

I do hope it works out. I will give it until we need to book our flights in the summer. If I have not heard anything more I will go from the 12th-21st. Cant wait now. I so hope we get all the dates. I wonder if the other resorts will be full. I will try and ring them at the 9 month window.

If there is availability that I doubt can you book that room and have your other reservation so I can ring on a daily basis?

13. jools

jools Mouseketeer

If I was you I would book the value stuido for now and remain on the wait list for your preferred accommodation. I always think it is best to have some accommodation than none at all. Then if the wait list comes through your laughing if not you still have accommodation just have to change rooms. Which isn't really too big of a problem, on change over day Disney will store your luggage for you until your new room is ready.

Also you can't look to book other resorts until the 7 month window. If at the 7 month window you find accommodation at another resort which you would prefer to stay in you can swop your booking to that resort.

14. Claire L

A studio, nor a value 1 bed, would not be big enough as there are 5 of you over the age of 3 years. Also you can try other resorts but only at the 7 months window. be aware if you are borrowing points and you cancel they cannot go back to the original UY they stay in the one they are moved to.

Claire ;)

15. Boss Hogg

Boss Hogg <font color=green>It's 5 o'clock somewhere<br><fon

The other thing to make sure that member services realise, is that they can automatically borrow points from your next UY if they need to. They will not automatically take the points if needed - I've come a cropper on this point before!

16. angel659

Thanks for all your help everyone.

I looked online and checked my bookings. They are all for a standard 1 bed apartment. Thats fine because we can always go outside to see the animals. The most important thing is we got some dates at AKV. I do hope we get at least the 24th Dec. Thats a date that we cant miss. Santa can come and no need to worry to move properties. Fingers crossed x

17. Claire L

Hope you get the rest of the dates you want :)

Claire ;)