I need lots of help!

mustseethemouse

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone! I just joined dis boards because I am trying to plan our families first ever WDW vacation. I must say that you all are so helpful, I have gotton loads of information already ( almost to much to handle) I still just dont know what to do. I am not really a planner :confused3 So, its me, dh, dd 8, dd 6, ds 4. If anyone has any suggestions for our trip I would love them...heck anyone just want to plan it for me? :rolleyes1 We are staying at Port Orleans- Riverside Jan 4th thru 9th. I have no ADR's, we are on the dining plan. Any suggestions for a first time family??

Thanks,
Debi K

mustseethemouse said:
...heck anyone just want to plan it for me?

While everything is still fresh in my mind, sure -- I can help you with that.

Send me a PM or reply to the thread if interested/

If you haven't already, I suggest you get a couple of good guidebooks -- PassPorter and the Unofficial Guide are probably the most popular. That is how I started planning our first WDW trip (we stayed at POR on our first ever visit, too!) You need to get an idea about what all you would like to see and do while you are there. WDW is HUGE and there is no way you will be able to see and do everything during your stay. When I was planning our first trip, I figured it was a once-in-a-lifetime trip so we organized everything into a must do, would really like to do and things we could miss if we had to list.
As far as meal planning, you should check here http://allearsnet.com/menu/menus.htm for all the menus. What kind of food do you like? Are there any characters you would like to see?
If you have room for one more I would be more than happy to come with you and show you around :teeth:

If I could give you one piece of information it would be to just enjoy the trip. You have to realize that Disney is so big you just wont be able to do and see it all. With that in mind map out a few must sees and the rest will be an added bonus. Have fun!!! Good luck with the planning. Once you get into it its lots of fun. ::MinnieMo

Oh have fun at Riverside, it is very beautiful there.

Rooms

I think the bayou area is cool since it has a lot of plants, but it can get buggy but since you are going in January that shouldn't be a problem.

All of the other rooms are in these big, beautiful manors.

So make sure to request the area you want at the front desk. :)

I agree make ADR's asap...even though it is a slow time of year, you want to eat at some fantastic places.

Recommendations:
1)Go to the Disney site and look at the rides with the kids..some may be too scary for some of your kids. Then get a guide book with a map. Make a list of each park that you plan on going to. Write down the MUST DO's and any thing else is gravy. Read over really well the section on Fastpasses, although I am hoping it will be slow so you might not need it...but it still speeds things up.
2) Go to the Dis Board home page print out the park hours/parades for your trip.
3) Make up a ADR worksheet Include the Date, Restaurant, Park, time and Conf. Number.(this can also be found in various places it is called the PS Report) I like to figue out what parks I will be in on what evenings, and make a PS there. Then I usually schedule 2-3 Character breakfasts for a 7 day trip.
4) Go to www.mousesavers.com and get the ultimate packing list, and have fun

If you want my to plan it for you...let me know what your kids can handle, and what types of tickets you have...I will help you.

Resturants I have liked so far:
Chef Mickey-Cont
Beirgarten(we are German)-Epcot
The Plaza Restaurant-MK
Crystal Palace-MK
Spoodles-near Epcot/MGM
The food court at POR is great (bring a loaf of bread ..they have great toasters and you can split an adult breakfast)
Beaches and Cream-near Epcot/MgM
1900 Park Fare-GF
Brown Derby-MGM
Cosmic Rays-MK
Columbia Harbor house-MK
Tonys (for Lunch) at MK
Le Cellier-Epcot
American Pavallion-Epcot
Tusker House-AK
Fultons-DTD
Earl of Sandwich-DTD

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter