I Need Help Planning For June '10!!!

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by MickeyEars, Jun 18, 2009.

1. MickeyEars

MickeyEars DIS Veteran

Hi~
    I'm planning a June 2010 trip to Disneyland and there's not much to do but to wait. Our plans are to be there for 7 nights beginning on June 7th but our dates are somewhat flexible because I am a teacher with summers off.
    After 20+ trips to Disney World this Disneyland planning stuff is quite different!!
    We're going to stay at HoJo's that much we do know and I am really hoping we're able to take advantage of the Entertainment Card rate. I realize there's no way for me to find out about our dates/rates this far out but I just love planning and I'm having a very difficult time being patient. I noticed there aren't any early June dates listed on Lorealle's Entertainment rate availibilty chart. Does anyone know if this is because they weren't offered or because her chart has been updated and those dates have already passed? I'm not sure whether to go ahead and book our room now or wait until closer to the end of the year. What's your opinion? If I do book now can I have the discount rate applied if it does become available? Can I change dates around later to match Entertainment rates when they become available? Geez, I can't even check on airfare yet!!! :rolleyes1 Please forgive me for all the questions, I really think I have OCD!!!

Thank you so much for any help I do appreciate it!!

Carla

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. EmmersIsTheMommy

EmmersIsTheMommy DIS Veteran

Carla! Wanna be plan buddies?!?!

We're considering June because my mom is a teacher and it's when she can come with us. We're also looking to take advantage of the Entertainment Card Rate at HOJO's.

AND I also have OCD with my trip planning LOL

4. MickeyEars

MickeyEars DIS Veteran

I'd love to be plan buddies!!! I am so happy to know there are others out there like me!! I hate sitting around waiting so this is going to be really difficult for me. I hope someone here knows the answers to my questions so maybe you and I both can benefit. Thank you so much for offering to plan with me. Now go out and find us something to book!!! :lmao:

Carla

5. EmmersIsTheMommy

BAHAHAH

Ya seriously. I've been looking up THIS years dates/prices so I can have an idea..but I know it'll change by next year. Going nuts!

We've made a disneyland jar (HUGE popcorn container jar thing) and we decorated it. So the kids are busy 'earning' change for it LOL It's helped me focus my efforts THERE so far HAHA

I'm not booking YET..just because I want to make sure June is when we're going. After hearing the horror story of Tuesday being so packed, I'm getting nervous LOL

6. Hojoanaheim

Hojoanaheim DIS Veteran Approved Advertiser

You guys are so cute; I love it! :flower3:

I think planning early is always the best way to go! Now, I don't know when they will start releasing dates for next year/next summer- but I promise that as soon as they do, I will update the 'When is the Entertainment Rate Available?' thread with those dates and that information; and I do update it every time they get me a new calendar, so keep checking there! :goodvibes

I know its not a whole lot of help, but I hope it helps a little! :cutie:
    Lorealle

7. EmmersIsTheMommy

Thanks Lorealle, you're amazing :goodvibes

I'm still waiting for your video popcorn:::rolleyes1:rotfl:

8. MickeyEars

MickeyEars DIS Veteran

Lorealle is amazing!!! She thinks we're cute so now she is even more amazing!!! :rotfl: Yes, Lorealle any and all info is very important to those of us with OCD. Thanks for helping reassure us.

Carla

9. BrerMama

BrerMama DIS Veteran

We stayed at HoJos June 5-14 and we had the entertainment rate. Those nights sold out very quickly (like within 2-3 days), so they were off the calendar just as quickly. As soon as they become available, make sure you book. They only have a certain number of rooms available at the Entertainment rate, and once they are gone, the dates go off the calendar.

10. disneynerd420

disneynerd420 DIS NINJA

From experience, I would say, go the earliest as possible in June, before the local schools all get out. You may have to sacrifice some night entertainment. But the smaller crowds can potentially be worth it.

I hope you both have a wonderful time!

11. amyup

amyup Mouseketeer<br><font color="pink">Can't win 'em al

We had entertainment rates this year and last in early June. They go fast though! This year I booked entertainment rates for late June (the day they were released) and they were gone by the end of the day.

12. EmmersIsTheMommy

OMG REALLY??

I'll be stalking HOJO more than usual I guess.

ok so the question is..on AVERAGE how far ahead is it for them to come out?

13. MickeyEars

MickeyEars DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness, thank you for letting me know about the Entertainment rates. I will definitely be watching. Can you please tell me when the dates were released so I won't miss out? Thank you all so much for your help, I sure appreciate it!!! ;)

Carla

14. BrerMama

BrerMama DIS Veteran

I honestly can't remember, but I'm thinking Feb. or March.

15. MickeyEars

MickeyEars DIS Veteran

Thank you so much BrerMama, I'll be on the lookout!!! :thumbsup2

Carla

16. amyup

amyup Mouseketeer<br><font color="pink">Can't win 'em al

I'm thinking it was February. The early June rates did not go as quickly as the late June rates. It might have been 2 days for the late June...it was fast though. And even if they go quickly they sometimes end up adding the dates again. I would also expect a $5 or so increase for next year. I remember booking the entertainment rate for $45 four years ago. Those were the days:rotfl:

17. MickeyEars

MickeyEars DIS Veteran

Thanks Amy, you guys are the best!!! :goodvibes

Carla

18. EmmersIsTheMommy

Ok Carla, game faces. Let's DO THIS hehe.

I have to wait til FEB? LOL

19. MickeyEars

MickeyEars DIS Veteran

Okay game face is on, let's do it!!! Goodness how will we make it to February I ask you?
    Lorealle, we need your reassurance and support. Are you up for the challenge? I have a feeling it will be a huge challenge!!! ;)

Carla

20. EmmersIsTheMommy

hahahaha!

Man...I guess I'll just have to keep pretending to check out other hotels, even tho I know where we'll be staying. LOL