I need computer help

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by torinsmom, Dec 9, 2012.

1. torinsmom

torinsmom <font color=red>I have someone coming to scoop<br>

Windows 7 crashed on my laptop and I am in safe mode, saving things. I want to find my FireFox bookmarks. Everything I see online says to go to Users<name<favorites and they are in there. All I get are FAVORITES BAR, HP, Microsoft Websites, Websites for US and WIndows Live.

Can anyone help? I need to get at these bookmarks before I restore the laptop.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Lunchlady

Lunchlady Mouseketeer

Open Firefox in safe mode, then go to the bookmarks dropdown and select "Show All Bookmarks". This should bring up a new window that has a few buttons along the top, one of which should be "Import and Backup". Try backing up the bookmarks to the desktop and saving it. If it doesn't work I honestly don't know what to tell you.

Although, I do suggest Google Chrome. It saves all your bookmarks and history across all your devices, as long as you're logged in to Google. ;)

4. torinsmom

torinsmom <font color=red>I have someone coming to scoop<br>

Thank you so much! I didn't think to try and open Firefox, since my taskbar said there was no connection. There was! I do have Google Chrome too, mainly because I couldn't open FF a few days ago. And somehow a browser called Torch had gotten installed. I am wondering if all this led up to the crash.

Thanks again!

5. low-key

low-key DIS Veteran

ya know I am a type B personality , but when my computer breaks and I try to fix it, with in 20 min I become like the incredible hulk when he is angry

6. Lunchlady

Lunchlady Mouseketeer

Glad all is fixed but I know NOTHING about fixing computers! It was my WONDERFUL smart daughter that has that knowledge. She always helps me and believe me I need a lot of help!

7. beaucoup

beaucoup DIS Veteran

Firefox includes Firefox Sync which will also save all your tabs, bookmarks, etc across all devices too. Its not a feature just on Chrome. Just sayin. ;)