I need a Restaurant......

Luv0fDisney

DIS Veteran
Anyway, I am going to Disney!
I have 5 out of 6 dinners picked out

1st night = Down-Town (raglan Rd)
2nd Night = Animal Kingdom (Yak and Yeti)
3rd night = Epcot (coral Reef)
4th night = ????
5th night = Epcot (Rose and Crown)
6th Night = DTD (Planet hollywood)

I would like to try something new that is only a 1 table service.
can be either lunch or dinner... No characters.

(i've eaten at a lot of places in epcot/hollywood studios/animal kingdom and dtd. i have eaten only at the liberty tree tavern.)

How is Tony's Square Restaurant?
1-5 how would you rate it?

Any other suggestions?

EDIT @ 11:47pm, is lunch any different then dinner @ Coral Reef?

The food at Tony's is terrible! We ate there in January, and it was nice to be able to watch the electric parade inside, but I definitely wouldn't recommend it for the food.

Have you thought about a resort restaurant? I'm not sure how far away your trip is, but we love Ohanas if you can get a reservation. Cape May is also a great choice. Sanaa was quite yummy if you're looking for something more exotic. We love Portabello at DTD for Italian. All of those are one point, I believe.

Fortunately the trip is only 75 days days
but unfortunately being so close and under the 180 days ohana was not available. we have eaten at the poly for kona and the contemporary for the wave (which we did not care for) i am using the 14th for lunch at coral reef instead of eating at 8:45pm. eeeek. We are not late eaters especially on days w/o magical hours in the evenings (we usually walk a lot if its emh)

i might try portabello at DTD but then again we already have 2 DTD restaurants, i am trying to stay around the parks so it's easy to get to the parks from the resorts or other parks...

will you be at MK on the 4th night? What about the Plaza. If you're willing to go to EP, what about Teppen Edo or Les Chefs?

We liked Ohana's but I agree it's hard to get a reservation. But since you're willing to eat early, you have a much better chance of getting an ADR. You could always go right when they open and get in the standby line.

I've also heard great things about GFC. I've always wanted to go there, but haven't had a chance.

I thought Tony's was fine. The food was kind of bland, but the service was excellent.
I really enjoyed our meal at the Plaza.

I think the menu at Coral Reef if very similar, if not exactly the same, for lunch and dinner. I've only eaten there for lunch, but I can't imagine the experience being any different for dinner considering there are no windows that open outside.

If you are trying to stay near MK. How about Whispering Canyon or Trails End? They are at the Wilderness lodge and Ft. Wilderness. Good Luck!

Epcot has so many choices that it's always a struggle not to reserve everything there, but I note you don't have anything in/around MK so I'd like to keep you in that area.

CP would probably be my #1 pick for you in MK. Maybe change things up and go there for breakfast - or a really late breakfast that becomes a brunch? You say you've been to LTT; the experiences are fairly different for lunch v dinner so if you've only done the family-style dinner you might want to check out their lunch menu instead. The Plaza has good food and is often overlooked by people on the dining plans because it's mainly lighter fare, although it's a great option for someone paying oop.

Or you could do a total splurge at one of the Signatures. CG if it's not in refurb, Citricos, Narcoossees, AP at the WL - all are a simple boat ride away. If you are on DDP, use 2 credits for 1 person's meal while the other person pays oop.

Re your edit - I believe there are 1 -2 different entrees lunch v. dinner at Coral Reef (like a big entree salad at lunch only) but otherwise it's the same. And while some people have reported poor food a lot of others (including us) have only had good experiences there. I have not eaten at Tony's in 20+ years (DH does not love Italian food, alas) but I've seen positive reviews for there too. If the menu appeals to you, go for it!

Depending on when you are going, did you try Be Our Guest? I know its hard to get ressies but you never know.

On a scale of 1-5, 1 being terrible and 5 being excellent, I'd give Tony's Town Square a -12. A bit of hyperbole, true, but the whole place just didn't work for me, from food to atmosphere to setup to crowding.

I might suggest Sanaa for either lunch or dinner. Great food, wonderful setting, and some unusual choices for WDW.

If you're trying to stay near MK, and you like sushi, you could walk up to the sushi bar outside of Kona at the Poly. I don't believe that works on the dining plan, though, so it would be OOP. But you could add a different Table Service meal elsewhere and... wait, I'm not helping at all... :)

Anyway, I am going to Disney!
I have 5 out of 6 dinners picked out

1st night = Down-Town (raglan Rd) - we found the food plain but that was about 4 years ago.

2nd Night = Animal Kingdom (Yak and Yeti) the food is very good

3rd night = Epcot (coral Reef) - we have been 3 times and all 3 times were bad so we are done trying. We prefer Teppan Edo for dinner.

4th night = ???? - Boma and Sanaa are excellent and the resort is beautiful, but if going to MK then will want something close so I say WCC or GFC

5th night = Epcot (Rose and Crown) - can't wait to try it

6th Night = DTD (Planet hollywood) - we like it there but the last time it was not as good

How is Tony's Square Restaurant?
1-5 how would you rate it?
We thought it was just ok, I guess I would give it a 2.5.
Any other suggestions? Maybe Kona Cafe, Ohanas, or WCC. Grand Floridian Cafe was really good too.

We love Teppan Edo. The food is very good and the chefs are entertaining. It's a must do every trip for us.

We did both Grand Floridian Cafe and Whispering Canyon Cafe. Of course both are very different, but we enjoyed both. The Wave might be a good choice too.

If you'll be at/near MK then I think I would recommend either the Plaza or Whispering Canyon. We had very good meals at both -Plaza is very cut and dry -you're seated, you order, get a decent meal, pay, and leave. There was not a lot of interaction with the staff which in my opinion are as plain/boring as it gets n Disney property -but it's a good value if not on the DDP(which it sounds like you are). WCC we had a better than expected meal -food was very good, our waitress(and the others) was the best we had the whole trip, and the kids(and us) had a great time. But you need to be comfortable in that environment -if it's a relaxing meal you're looking for, forget it. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter