I need a quick service lunch

LSUfan4444

DIS Veteran
Arrival day, staying at Boardwalk Villas and plan to head to Hollywood Studios that day so we're open to anything in the World Showcase, Boardwalk, Yacht & Beach Club or Hollywood Studios.

We aren't a burger and chicken finger family and love Tangerine Cafe but may want to try something else and are consider Hurrican Hanna's (Fallafel Flatbread for the wife, pulled pork sandwich for me).

I was hoping to see some good reviews from PizzaRizzo but was disappointed to hear its basically Pizza Planet in a new dress

I was hoping to see some good reviews from PizzaRizzo but was disappointed to hear its basically Pizza Planet in a new dress

teehee! :) We are going to try it anyway because we love the Muppets (can't wait to watch Muppet Christmas Carol!). Anyway - how about Fresh Mediterranean Market at the Dolphin. Just different salads, but they look fabulous! Then a nice boat ride to HS.

Fish and Chips from just inside the international gate in UK? Quick and hot and Harp Lager to wash it all down... I don't like to eat a lot of fried foods cause they weigh me down, but they have just the right size to split and it is walkable while eating. Good on the go..

We had lunch at Hurricane Hanna's last trip and it was a pretty typical QS lunch - not bad but nothing to write home about, though it was nice sitting outside (assuming the weather is good). How about Les Halles in France? One of our favorite QS places and it isn't a burger and chicken fingers place. If you are paying out of pocket then I'd consider Crew's Cup Lounge at Yacht Club. Pretty good food there but they don't take the DDP.

We really like Boardwalk Bakery! The sandwiches and salads are really good and then we top it off with some Ample Hils ice cream :)

Les Halles in France is also very good and wouldn't be too far of a walk from BWV.

We really enjoyed the sandwiches at Les Halles the bakery in France :)

What about a sandwich at Starring Rolls at HS? I mean, if you're going to be headed there anyway that day.

I do see your point though. I love staying at the Boardwalk or any Epcot resort for the location, but if you're on the dining plan, QS options aren't that appealing outside of World Showcase to me either. Boardwalk Bakery is an option, but honestly has never wowed me. I also like Tangierine Cafe a lot, and don't do burgers often at Disney (at most once a trip, then I regret it since they're not good at the QS places, and I'm not a huge burger fan).

Our first day at the BWI we had lunch at the Boardwalk Bakery and enjoyed it.

If you go to Boardwalk Bakery you have to try the cheesecake brownie for dessert. I will be there in 8 days and it's a must-do for me.

First two that came to mind were the French Bakery and the takeaway window for Fish & Chips at the UK pavilion. Starring Rolls at DHS can be good, and while it's not technically QS there is patio dining at Hollywood Brown Derby.

After Tangierine Cafe, our 2nd favorite QS in WS is Les Halles. DW and I usually get a glass of wine, some bisque, split a brie and apple sandwich and a dessert.

I also suggest the Boardwalk Bakery.

Another slightly more table than quick service is the Big River Grill. I know it gets slightly mixed reviews but we have enjoyed a nice lunch there sitting at the tables out on the Boardwalk after a hectic morning of travel.

Otherwise, check out the new menus at DHS. There seems to be more variety available there these days.

I just noticed that Josh over at EasyWDW just published reviews of the new menus at ABC Commissary and Fairfax Fare at DHS. You might find something interesting there.

Les Halles bakery in Epcot's France pavilion. The sandwiches are delicious and they have a huge variety of amazing desserts. It's an every-trip place for us.

On arrival day at BWV, we typically eat across Crescent Lake at the bar by Hurricane Hannahs. You can either get your food at the HH quick serve or order while sitting wt the bar. We always do the latter, since I consider the seared tuna "appetizer" to be one of the best values on property. It includes a nice size serving of the tuna along with a small mound of nicely dressed salad greens. It makes a great lunch. I would suggest you check the bar menu, which is not the same as the HH menu although they share the kitchen, before you decide where to order your food. I could not find the bar menu online, so you would have to check on site.

On arrival day at BWV, we typically eat across Crescent Lake at the bar by Hurricane Hannahs. You can either get your food at the HH quick serve or order while sitting wt the bar. We always do the latter, since I consider the seared tuna "appetizer" to be one of the best values on property. It includes a nice size serving of the tuna along with a small mound of nicely dressed salad greens. It makes a great lunch. I would suggest you check the bar menu, which is not the same as the HH menu although they share the kitchen, before you decide where to order your food. I could not find the bar menu online, so you would have to check on site.

This sounds interesting for a nice lunch. Do you remember how much the seared tuna app is?

Another vote for the Norwegian Club at Kringla Bakery! I used to get that & the school bread for dessert & split both with my friend & it was a nice lunch without being overfilling. Make sure you opt to have them heat the club if you decide to get it. They also added Norwegian meatballs to the menu which I've been curious to try. I've read they're the same ones they serve at Akershus.

This sounds interesting for a nice lunch. Do you remember how much the seared tuna app is?
From my receipt for out trip in June of this year, it was $10.49 for the seared tuna. DW had the HH Cheeseburger and fries at $10.99, also ordered at the bar.

I like the place next to 50's Prime Time, the bar thing. It's a little crowded sometimes with people waiting for tables but it's the same food. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!