I must be obsessed, anyone planning 2009?!

Discussion in 'Doing the Happy Dance!' started by BeckityBobbidyBoo!, Jan 10, 2008.

1. BeckityBobbidyBoo!

BeckityBobbidyBoo! Mouseketeer

My family (and extended family) are going back to Disney Feb. '09 ( I don't even have the exact dates yet). Is it too soon to be talking obsessively?! Anyone else prepared to do the happy dance for 12+ months with me?!:yay: :cool1: :cheer2:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. summersalt

summersalt DIS Veteran

It's never too early to dance...

:banana: :banana: :banana:

4. MAKHayes-DisneyDiva

MAKHayes-DisneyDiva DIS Veteran

Yes!!! We can't go in 2008, but I have begun planning for March, 2009. DH and DS8 think I am crazy. :eek: I haven't reached my obsessive stage yet, but I am looking into resorts, and I am considering renting points for the first time. I'm glad I'm not the only one either.

5. llmurphy17

llmurphy17 DIS Veteran

I'm trying to plan 2009 because we want to do a cruise in 2010 and trying to allocate my banked 2008 pts correctly. So I guess I am very obsessed since I am also planning 2010.:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

6. BeckityBobbidyBoo!

BeckityBobbidyBoo! Mouseketeer

Ooh, you might be on to something there...planning multiple vacations. I think I'm going to just start assuming we'll be going yearly soon. How will I tell my husband?!:rotfl:

7. enyaj40

enyaj40 I use antlers in all of my decorating...

i'm considering it

i want to go next year with my all the 'offsite' folks in my siggie

that requires more planning than for just me and dh

my ds2 lives in chicago, so that adds an extra element to coordinating this...plus he's still in school

which means a spring break ::: gasping for air ::: trip

8. Dolce27

Dolce27 <font color=teal>It's kind of hard to ride with so

Well, my next trip will end in 2009 as I plan to spend this next NY's at WDW. Does that count? :teeth:

It's never too early to begin planning. I started unofficially planning my next trip (for this December) back in March. I guess my trip is now official as I'm booked and I added a ticker yesterday. :cool1:

Have fun planning. :thumbsup2

9. danny1649

danny1649 <font color=green>Will be wearing some lime green< Moderator

Dec 2008 and Dec 2009:goodvibes :cool1: :cloud9: :yay: :wizard: :goodvibes :cool1:

10. EpcotMatt2

EpcotMatt2 DIS Veteran

We certainly are. We're going down in July of 2009, for about 2 weeks. Not huge fans of summer time, but it's the only time our 2 teen boys can go without missing tons of school & sports activities. We'll be using DVC points for 1 week & a cash ressie the other week. We called last week just to see if we could make the cash ressie yet & they said not yet because you can't make one until 499 days out. To think that our next trip to Disney is MORE than 499 days out was a bit stinky. But no biggie, that's just more time to get all Disney'd up with the planning & watching the tons of videos I have saved. By the way, I think our countdown is at about 545 days or something. But it's much easier to say 17 months & 2 weeks. :banana:

11. dtrnburke

dtrnburke Earning My Ears

This is my first post EVER to the DIS Boards. And we are planning our third trip to Disney in February 2009. Not sure of exact dates yet. We will be going with my parents and my sisters family. VERY EXCITED.

12. katieloubear

katieloubear Jenn

We too are planning for 2009, prolly mid october. the kids will miss school, but it's well worth it.

13. Sabrina90744

Sabrina90744 DIS Veteran

Your not alone! I alreadypicked our dates. Will be making our room only ressie's as soon as we get back from this trip!

14. Mrs Grumpy

Mrs Grumpy Always Planning!

I started planning for our 2009 trip on the way home on the airplane from our September 2006 trip.

Come join us under the Resort Forum - Countdowns and live reports
    We have a 2009 thread going!

15. Tinks Girls

Tinks Girls Mouseketeer

You are not alone. We were on the plane home after our stay at WL in August 07 and planning the next trip for 2009. I think that it is never to early to plan and besides dreaming about the next trip helps you to day dream with the best of them!!

16. DizzKneeGeek

DizzKneeGeek Freaking out the Mouse Since Birth!

If you're obsessed then I'm not quite sure what we would classify as. We're already planning a trip in November 2110. :scared1:
    wait
    not 2110

17. shellybelly72

shellybelly72 Mouseketeer

We are going in Feb 2009! We love visiting Disney in Feb- We will book the exact dates 7 months out-- No idea where we want to stay....

Maybe the Boardwalk or Wilderness lodge villas... Hmmmm.... Decisions, decisions.... decisions..... :woohoo:

18. mickeystoontown

mickeystoontown DIS Veteran

We go to WDW every year in June. There's no other place we want to go besides WDW. We started planning our June, 2008 trip on the 16 hour drive home from our June, 2007 trip. I am already starting to think about what resort we will book for our June, 2009 trip.

I have already bought all my clothes for the 2008 trip. I am working on my husband's wardrobe already. I can't really do too much pre-shopping for our 10 year old son because he grows like a weed! I like to shop offseason because the clothing is sooo much cheaper.

I have started picking up the little things we will need like.....drawstring laundry bag, extra hangers, glow sticks, cards, etc. etc. etc.

So, if you are crazy to start planning a 2009 trip then so are lots of other folks on these boards.....me included!

19. Gillettes

Gillettes mmmm....chocolate

Add me to the 2009 list!! We figured we would make it down every two years so Jan/Feb 09 it is. Haven't nailed down specific dates yet, but pretty sure we are staying at POFQ. We are so bad that DBIL and I already have spreadsheets going for ADR's and itenirieries (sp?). I started depositing my paycheck into our "disney" account and we are talking disney at least once a day here. I am sure it will die down until June or so when park hours, 2009 packages and stuff comes out. Just think of all the reading we will be doing until then!!

20. duckybelle

duckybelle Raising kids is like being pecked to death by chic

Were taking the kids, 16 and 11 in March this year, but decided since there are things we want to do that they dont, we will come back in 09 without them!!!Maybe right after Christmas!!! Be nice to have a New Years away!!

21. Topo Bella

Topo Bella Mouseketeer

We can't go in 2008 because we have a big family cruise planned (not on Disney, unfortunately.) My DH and I are in withdrawal because we don't have a Disney trip to plan ... so, I'm starting my 2009 planning!