I must be crazy! - An October-November 2016 Solo PTR - Update 10/9 2 Weeks to Go - That's a Wrap

Your party plans sound literally identical to mine. I now feel so much better that I'm on track for where I need to be when. I didn't know that the Dwarves started at 6:30, so made that tweak. We'd planned on doing a 5:30 FiP at PoTC, then my kids will get in line for that while I make a run for Casey's to grab dinner and bring it back to the line where we can eat it while waiting. Other than that, yep same, same. Getting so excited for mine on the 11th!!

Daaaaang, you're way more on-it with MNSSHP than I am! I don't really have a plan to speak of at all! I mean, I have a few things I'd like to accomplish, and maybe meet some characters and see Boo to You and Hallowishes... Oh, and eat lots of things... but that's really as far as I've gotten with it! Man, maybe I need to re-evaluate! :scratchin

I won't lie to you, I only kinda skimmed over the Halloween Horror Nights part... I'm a big ol' wussy girl about anything in the horror genre. :scared:

Oh for the love of!!!!

I just spent 30 minutes going through your last posts and quoting a whole schwack of stuff....
I hit "insert quotes" or whatever and.... "Internet Explorer has stopped working".

Not impressed. All gone.

Geez.... Back in a bit.

Okay... Maybe not as detailed as I first had it, but....

But see the difference is sausages are raw and definitely need to be cooked on a hot surface.

Not all sausages are raw. What then?

Hot dogs are already cooked and are actually edible straight from the pack so it's just reheating. I don't know why that makes such a big difference but it does.

Oh, all right.
I'll let you have this one. But only because you're drop dead gorgeous.

BBQ sauce on a hot dog? Now you've lost me....

Try it.

I promise I won't snore! :yay: :teeth:

don't snore either :rotfl:

This seems to be an issue with you.
You may be glad I am not sharing your bed.

I made the same offer to @pkondz and he said he rather spend time with the British ladies instead...

They don't mind snoring.

Seriously, if I could have stretched out my stay to a month, I would have, just for you.
I even thought of two trips.

Ruby'd kill me.

I wasn’t going to do it but figured I’d end up kicking myself if I didn’t so I am going to Alcatraz but to make it a little more fun I’m doing the smaller group Night Tours.

Cool! To both parts.

I’ll be eating at Alice Water’s Chez Panisse!

Niiice.

Seven nights on the cruise

Oh! Somehow I don't think I realized that the first cruise was that long.

I’ve got two nights at Animal Kingdom Lodge and more importantly a dismeet locked in with @Elevationist!

That should be fun!

I’m looking forward to Castaway Cay given it consistently gets rated as the best private island

Didn't know that.... interesting.

I cannot wait to run through the Castle – what better motivation do you need to run?

::yes::

The next day will begin bright an early with a quick 13.1 mile run. To celebrate I’ve booked in lunch at the Plaza restaurant so that I can replenish all those calories I will have burned with the famous Plaza fried chicken.

Sorry, I didn't hear anything except "fried chicken"

NB – Chocolate Milk is the best post race recovery fuel – it’s science - https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...e27658-a708-11e4-a7c2-03d37af98440_story.html

Can't argue with science.
'scuse me while I go buy a 2 litre choc milk.

I’ve also made a reservation later in the evening for Café Orleans – not for a full meal – but so I can try the famous pommes frites and Mickey beignets.

Those fries look awesome.

Want.

Well long story short I spent this morning on a long distance phone call to the hotel and got them to agree to honor my original booking, which took a while as they tried to claim that offer at the time was only for 3 night stays – luckily I’m an over planner and I had printed out the terms and conditions of the offer when I booked and it clearly said 2 nights so they agreed it was their mistake in the end. Not the best customer service when you lie about an offer but at least they will actually do the right thing in the end.

Ugh. Just honour your promotions, already!

Sheesh.

L’Atelier de Joel Robuchon.

I'd love to try that!
Maybe next time we're down.

And then that brings us to the final leg of the trip – lucky #15. Which is of course, the long trip all the way back to Australia...

I strongly encourage you to skip leg #15.

So where am I going you ask? And when you follow up with?

Where? When??

In May…

For two weeks…

I’m going to Japan!!!!!!

Nice!! Japan's on my bucket list... and I don't know if I'll ever get there.

I was tossing up between doing either a dining update (including F&W planning) or Halloween planning. And Halloween has won out.

Good call.

Well I’m aiming to head over to MK around 4pm where I’ll pick up my party wrist band.

Are you not using a park day, that day?
I remember being in the park (this was 7 years ago) and they gave us wrist bands while there.

I might try and get in one Haunted Mansion ride before getting in the line for the Jack & Sally meet which begins at 5pm (I’ll have to be in line by 4:30).

Cool!

I’ll then try and find a spot somewhere off to the side of the castle to watch Celebrate the Magic and Hallowishes.
I’m then going to try and hit a few more treat stops and character meets in Adventureland and Frontierland before grabbing a spot in Frontierland for the 11:15 Boo to You Parade.

I remember loving the parade and Hallowishes.
It was a highlight of our trip.

But first things first, I’ll be already in the park which gives you one advantage – they have stay and scare where the keep you in a holding pen and actually let you “in” before party guests.

Nice.
And all those houses! I had no idea.
Really looking forward to hearing all about them.

Loving your PTR and excited to hear about your trip once it gets started. We have just recently moved to Oz from the UK and as fellow Disney nuts, we don't plan on forgoing our WDW vacations! WDW wasn't a particularly short journey when we lived in the UK but it's definitely long haul now. Really interested to hear how another Australia based traveller does it.

:welcome:to the PTR and Australia!

It's definitely a long trip but worth it. Plus you're also closer to the other three Asian parks now - so more parks to visit!

Still going to live vicariously through you. While I enjoy some spookiness, I think I'd need to bring a few changes of clothing for those Horror Night houses if you know what I mean...

I know what you mean ;)

Haven't been on DIS in a while so I haven't been able to comment. Your trip is right around the corner! How exciting!

I had noticed you hadn't been around in a while - so welcome back!

And Japan, that's so great! My trip a few years back was one of the best I've ever taken. I can't wait to go back. Plus, TDL and TDS are my two favorite Disney parks so I'm super jealous.

I still remember parts of TDL from my visit when I was 2.5 (mainly the Jungle Cruise which is weird) but I'm really looking forward to TDS - its got such a good reputation!

I'll be there Thursday night and I'm really excited! We are trying to plan our route of attack, so I'm not sure which holding area to go to first. We want to do them all, so my gut tells me to hit up Walking Dead first (since it probably will be the most popular even if it won't be the best). I'm most excited for Haddenfield!

You'll have to let me know what you think after Thursday!!

Your party plans sound literally identical to mine. I now feel so much better that I'm on track for where I need to be when. I didn't know that the Dwarves started at 6:30, so made that tweak. We'd planned on doing a 5:30 FiP at PoTC, then my kids will get in line for that while I make a run for Casey's to grab dinner and bring it back to the line where we can eat it while waiting. Other than that, yep same, same. Getting so excited for mine on the 11th!!

I can't wait to hear what you think of it.

P.S I'm not 100% positive on the 7 Dwarves time but it was the time listed on two other sites that are usually pretty good with that sort of thing (easywdw and Kenny the Pirate). I'm hoping it's accurate!

Daaaaang, you're way more on-it with MNSSHP than I am! I don't really have a plan to speak of at all! I mean, I have a few things I'd like to accomplish, and maybe meet some characters and see Boo to You and Hallowishes... Oh, and eat lots of things... but that's really as far as I've gotten with it! Man, maybe I need to re-evaluate! :scratchin

I only have a plan as there is so much to do and I'm someone who will feel disappointed or like I didn't get my money's worth if I don't do everything!

I won't lie to you, I only kinda skimmed over the Halloween Horror Nights part... I'm a big ol' wussy girl about anything in the horror genre. :scared:

I actually don't enjoy horror films but haunted houses and stuff I'm fine with!

Oh for the love of!!!!

I just spent 30 minutes going through your last posts and quoting a whole schwack of stuff....
I hit "insert quotes" or whatever and.... "Internet Explorer has stopped working".

Not impressed. All gone.

Geez.... Back in a bit.

Man I hate when that happens! I often have to do responses to yours and Katie's in word as they are so long they tend to break my computer otherwise!

But I appreciate the effort you're putting in to actually do it again - that's dedication (or crazy talk - either one)

Okay... Maybe not as detailed as I first had it, but....

It's the thought, not the detail, that counts.

Not all sausages are raw. What then?

Oh, all right.
I'll let you have this one. But only because you're drop dead gorgeous.

I had forgotten the hot dog/sausage conversation :laughing:

Well ok. But only because you asked nicely.

This seems to be an issue with you.
You may be glad I am not sharing your bed.

I'm a really light sleeper - I do not cope well with snorers....

They don't mind snoring.

Seriously, if I could have stretched out my stay to a month, I would have, just for you.
I even thought of two trips.

Ruby'd kill me.

Well I wouldn't want Ruby to do that - think of the mess she'd had to clean up!

I hope so. For the $ I'm spending it should be! :laughing:

Oh! Somehow I don't think I realized that the first cruise was that long.

Sure is. So I'm trapped for a week if I hate it!

That should be fun!

It's a dismeets that involves ice-cream - how could it not be fun?

Didn't know that.... interesting.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...away-cay-the-best-cruise-line-private-island/

Sorry, I didn't hear anything except "fried chicken"

Can't argue with science.
'scuse me while I go buy a 2 litre choc milk.

:thumbsup2

Those fries look awesome.

Want.

If I had to live on one food it would be a difficult choice between crusty bread and butter or a bowl of fries. These might make the decision easier.

Ugh. Just honour your promotions, already!

Sheesh.

I would have cancelled with them if they hadn't done it

I'd love to try that!
Maybe next time we're down.

It can be expensive but I think their prix fix menu is a steal!

I strongly encourage you to skip leg #15.

I would if I could trust me. But at least it's business class which softens the pain a little.

Where? When??

Correct response. If their were points involved you'd get them.

Nice!! Japan's on my bucket list... and I don't know if I'll ever get there.

Well it's a nice dream to have even if you never make it....

Are you not using a park day, that day?
I remember being in the park (this was 7 years ago) and they gave us wrist bands while there.

I am using a park day that day - but have a mid afternoon break planned to get changed into my costume - not sure how early you can really be in full costume so I figure I'm safer sticking to the around 4pm time.

I remember loving the parade and Hallowishes.
It was a highlight of our trip.

Good to hear - I'm looking forward to experiencing them both!

Nice.
And all those houses! I had no idea.
Really looking forward to hearing all about them.

Ask and you shall receive. It will probably just take me a few months of TRing to get to it :laughing:

I can't wait to hear what you think of it.

OH, you will. Yooooou will..... :) Probably putting up the first chapter of my TR this week, so I can jump right in when I get back!

P.S I'm not 100% positive on the 7 Dwarves time but it was the time listed on two other sites that are usually pretty good with that sort of thing (easywdw and Kenny the Pirate). I'm hoping it's accurate!

I'll take your word for it! And yes, Kenny the Pirate is pretty thorough and accurate too. Been using him a lot the last couple of months.

OH, you will. Yooooou will..... :) Probably putting up the first chapter of my TR this week, so I can jump right in when I get back!

I'll keep my eyes peeled for it!

I'll take your word for it! And yes, Kenny the Pirate is pretty thorough and accurate too. Been using him a lot the last couple of months.

Ok but I accept no responsibility if they meet any earlier :thumbsup2

Man I hate when that happens! I often have to do responses to yours and Katie's in word as they are so long they tend to break my computer otherwise!

Bad pkondz break SnowWhiteOz's 'puter.

But I appreciate the effort you're putting in to actually do it again - that's dedication (or crazy talk - either one)

Go with crazy.

It's the thought, not the detail, that counts.

It is??

Sweet!

I'm thinking of buying you a Ferrari.

I had forgotten the hot dog/sausage conversation :laughing:

:laughing:

Well ok. But only because you asked nicely.

It's Ruby's favourite way to have them.
When I cook them in water, she's always disappointed.

I'm a really light sleeper - I do not cope well with snorers....

Ah, see?
So it's for the best.

Then again... I could just sit and stare at you all night while you sleep.

That's not at all creepy, is it?

Nah. Perfectly normal.

Well I wouldn't want Ruby to do that - think of the mess she'd had to clean up!

"Oh, I hate the mess a good disembowelling leaves!!" She wailed. "Worth it, though."

I hope so. For the $ I'm spending it should be! :laughing:

Sure is. So I'm trapped for a week if I hate it!

I don't remember, and I think I've asked before. Is this your first cruise?

It's a dismeets that involves ice-cream - how could it not be fun?

Good point! Even if you totally despise each other... there's ice cream! Yay!

If I had to live on one food it would be a difficult choice between crusty bread and butter or a bowl of fries. These might make the decision easier.

I prefer soft bread to crusty, but... yeah.

I would have cancelled with them if they hadn't done it

"Guess what! I got that lady from Australia to cancel! Now we can book it at full price!!!"

It can be expensive but I think their prix fix menu is a steal!

Good to know!

I would if I could trust me. But at least it's business class which softens the pain a little.

That should help quite a bit I would think.

Correct response. If their were points involved you'd get them.

Yay me!!!

Wait.... no points??

Well it's a nice dream to have even if you never make it....

I'd prefer to dream that I'll get there some day.

I am using a park day that day - but have a mid afternoon break planned to get changed into my costume - not sure how early you can really be in full costume so I figure I'm safer sticking to the around 4pm time.

Oh, of course! The costume. I forgot about that. Sheesh!
I think (think) we got to MK around 4 and were in costume. So I guess we did the same thing.

Ask and you shall receive. It will probably just take me a few months of TRing to get to it :laughing:

I'll be here!

Bad pkondz break SnowWhiteOz's 'puter.

:surfweb:

It is??

Sweet!

I'm thinking of buying you a Ferrari.

Aww you shouldn't have...

It's Ruby's favourite way to have them.
When I cook them in water, she's always disappointed.

I'm guessing Ruby is disappointed in you a lot....;)

Ah, see?
So it's for the best.

Then again... I could just sit and stare at you all night while you sleep.

That's not at all creepy, is it?

Nah. Perfectly normal.

"Oh, I hate the mess a good disembowelling leaves!!" She wailed. "Worth it, though."

Actually if she did it outside there really wouldn't be much to clean up - just grab a hose and start spraying...

I don't remember, and I think I've asked before. Is this your first cruise?

Yep. First cruise.

Good point! Even if you totally despise each other... there's ice cream! Yay!

Although how could anyone ever hate Billie? She's adorable!

I prefer soft bread to crusty, but... yeah.

Soft bread? I don't know about that. I don't mind fluffy bread in the middle but it needs a nice crust on the outside.

"Guess what! I got that lady from Australia to cancel! Now we can book it at full price!!!"

That would be a genius plan. Have you ever thought about working in hospitality?

That should help quite a bit I would think.

The champagne they serve certainly will soften the blow.

Yay me!!!

Wait.... no points??

I'm not as talented as you when it comes to running a contest - but maybe I could offer a prize for the comments that most amuse me?

I'd prefer to dream that I'll get there some day.

That's probably a better dream.

Oh, of course! The costume. I forgot about that. Sheesh!
I think (think) we got to MK around 4 and were in costume. So I guess we did the same thing.

:thumbsup2

I'll be here!

:woohoo:

Aww you shouldn't have...

It was nothing...

I'm guessing Ruby is disappointed in you a lot....;)

Frequently.... well... always.

See? Perfectly normal.

Actually if she did it outside there really wouldn't be much to clean up - just grab a hose and start spraying...

This is why we're never outside at the same time.

Although how could anyone ever hate Billie? She's adorable!

That would be a genius plan. Have you ever thought about working in hospitality?

I am nothing if not hospitable.

Now get off my lawn!

I'm not as talented as you when it comes to running a contest - but maybe I could offer a prize for the comments that most amuse me?

Dang. I was hoping to win.

It was nothing...

:rolleyes:

Frequently.... well... always.

And yet she sticks around...

See? Perfectly normal.

I hope you realise I've now been doing that face all day in the office because it amuses me so!

This is why we're never outside at the same time.

I am nothing if not hospitable.

Now get off my lawn!

Sheesh. Alright I'm leaving...

Dang. I was hoping to win.

:rotfl:

3 Weeks to Go

9 Days until Trip
21 Days until WDW

200_s.gif

It’s time for the 2nd last update before I head off on this trip!

And I thought I’d use it to do a quick dining update – to go through finals plans for both ADRs and F&W.

But first it's time for a little dancing. That's right it's single digit dance time (for the trip at least!)

200.gif

Alright now that the dancing is over, let’s start with F&W. Obviously the event has started which has meant prices have finally been revealed and reviews are starting to come in. I’ve tailored my plans – taken some things off which got not so great reviews and added things which are being raved about.

The final wish list is long – but I figure I have at least 5 part Park days planned for Epcot so I can knock off a few each time!

upload_2016-10-2_13-31-18.jpeg

upload_2016-10-2_13-31-29.jpeg

upload_2016-10-2_13-31-38.jpeg

After all the reviews and pics the items I am most looking forward to trying are:
· Quesito from the Islands of the Carribbean booth;
· Frozen Szarlotka Apple Pie featuring Zubrowka Bison Grass Vodka from Poland boot;
· Hard Cherry Cola Float from the Desserts & Champagne booth; and
· Chicken and Dumplings from the Farm Fresh booth.

So that’s the plan for F&W.

giphy.gif

I haven’t changed my ADRs too much in quite a while. I obviously cancelled all the duplicates as park hours came out and my plans finalized. I’m still waiting for them to release the Star Wars Dessert Party for the week in November I’m there but otherwise pretty much everything else is locked in!

Next weekend is my last one before I go so I think I might do a packing update plus a final wrap up!

It’s time for the 2nd last update before I head off on this trip!

Wow! This just seemed to suddenly come up fast!

But first it's time for a little dancing. That's right it's single digit dance time (for the trip at least!)

:banana:

The final wish list is long – but I figure I have at least 5 part Park days planned for Epcot so I can knock off a few each time!

After all the reviews and pics the items I am most looking forward to trying are:
· Quesito from the Islands of the Carribbean booth;
· Frozen Szarlotka Apple Pie featuring Zubrowka Bison Grass Vodka from Poland boot;
· Hard Cherry Cola Float from the Desserts & Champagne booth; and
· Chicken and Dumplings from the Farm Fresh booth.

I didn't have nearly as much time as you're going to have, but.... at the risk of giving you an edge on my contest, the Chicken and Dumplings was a disappointment. It was okay, but... just okay.

Next weekend is my last one before I go so I think I might do a packing update plus a final wrap up!

oooohhhh.... so close.

You'll have to let me know what you think after Thursday!!

We had a fantastic time Thursday night! We were able to do all houses, the two shows, and we spent about 20 minutes eating. And we needed every single minute to do this; we literally sat down for the 1230 show of Bill and Ted as it was starting. Here is how it played out.

Holding area at Hello Kitty - AHS - Halloween - Tomb - Texas Chainsaw - Ate(???) - Krampus - Exorcist - Wild West one - Walking Dead - Academy of Villains - Chance's 3d house - RAN to Bill and Ted and got seated.

I was obviously pretty pleased getting all that done. But I missed the freedom of having the express pass!

Your trip is so soon, how exciting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter