I must be crazy! - An October-November 2016 Solo PTR - Update 10/9 2 Weeks to Go - That's a Wrap

Oh, Gawd... not Honey Boo Boo. :sad2:

Not too shabby. Love the free brekkies.

I would love them too if I actually ate breakfast foods - I'm a slice of toast kind of gal because I don't eat eggs or anything like that.

Plus you northern Americans ruin perfectly good thinks like pancakes and waffles by serving them with meat products....

Still reading, but... never been. Sori

That's ok - I mean I thought you were the font of all wisdom but I guess I was mistaken....

Please. Stop.

Please.

I would love them too if I actually ate breakfast foods - I'm a slice of toast kind of gal because I don't eat eggs or anything like that.

Well, geez girl. You're paying for it. Eat some of it!

Plus you northern Americans ruin perfectly good thinks like pancakes and waffles by serving them with meat products....

Not this one. Pancakes or waffles can be served with butter, maple syrup, jam, honey, fruit and/or whip cream.

Hmmm... That list would also work in the bedroom.
Interesting.

Please? Pleeeeeeaaaaaaaase? Pretty please? With sugar sprinkled on top????

That's ok - I mean I thought you were the font of all wisdom but I guess I was mistaken....

Oh! I see your problem.
I'm the font of all useless wisdom.
Close, but not quite what you thought.

Well, geez girl. You're paying for it. Eat some of it!

But I'm not paying for it....

Not this one. Pancakes or waffles can be served with butter, maple syrup, jam, honey, fruit and/or whip cream.

Hmmm... That list would also work in the bedroom.
Interesting.

Please? Pleeeeeeaaaaaaaase? Pretty please? With sugar sprinkled on top????

Oh! I see your problem.
I'm the font of all useless wisdom.
Close, but not quite what you thought.

You need to start printing that on your business cards - Pkondz, Font of all Useless Wisdom

32 Weeks to Go

I think after last week’s break it’s time to get back to the drinking

tumblr_inline_mf7bpawkRn1qltqg1.gif

And what better way to do it than to drink your way through 11 country themed pavilions located perilously close to a large body of water!

tw-this-wont-end-well.gif

I’ve been to nine out of the 11 countries in real life so I think it’s going to be interesting to compare the drink options to the real things

Now there are two ways to begin this but only one is correct. I’m sorry @pkondz but no one in their right mind would start in Canada ;)

So that leaves us to start off with Mexico. I know everyone raves about the Avocado Margarita but there is something else calling my name that I won’t be able to resist – the Blood Orange Margarita from La Cave del Tequila

upload_2016-3-14_8-41-35.png

I mean it looks amazing right?

latest

So there you have it. One country down. Only 10 more to go….

brace-yourself.gif

Next up our leisurely stroll around the world is Norway. I’m going to try to stick to something that is vaguely linked to each country so I’m afraid @bibbitybobbitylou that I am going to get Satan’s Tears. That’s right the Linie Aquavit shot

upload_2016-3-14_8-42-33.png

But it’s a shot so it will be over quickly and we can move on to China.

Now I lived in China for a little while so I’m more than familiar with its alcoholic options. I’ve had Tsing Tao in the past so I’m going to break my own rule and go for a cocktail which has absolutely nothing to do with its host. At first I was thinking of either the Canto Loopy or Peach Snap! just because they’d be easy to get from the Joy of Tea but then I decided I really wanted to try Nine Dragons and it would probably be good time to get some lunch around now. So that’s what I’m going to do, and then I’ll be able to have the Jade Beauty - Vodka, Honeydew Melon Liqueur, Pineapple Juice, Lemon-Lime Soda

upload_2016-3-14_8-42-45.png

After leaving Asia I’ll zip back to Europe (if only you could do this in real life!) and head to Germany. I tried the grapefruit beer last trip after reading countless good reviews on these boards but nope, not for me – even mixed with fruitiness I am not a beer drinker. This time I’m going to get the Berentzen Apfel Shot.

upload_2016-3-14_8-42-59.png

After Germany it’s just a short stroll to Italy. I can’t say I’m a fan of Venice (I’m more of a Florence kind of gal) but I do love this pavilion. I’m not sure what I’ll get here – it will either be a glass of the Moscato from the Gelati Cart or the Sicilian Iced Tea from Tutto Gusto

upload_2016-3-14_8-43-16.png

I think this will depend on how busy Tutto Gusto is at the time.

Then we move on to the least exciting of the pavilions- the American Adventure. I don’t know what else they can do here but it is a really underwhelming representation of your country (at that time period). There’s no fancy cockatils here so I’ll grab a cider – either the Crispin Blackberry Pear Cider or the Angry Orchard Hard Apple Cider.

upload_2016-3-14_8-43-33.png

This will be drink number 6 – otherwise known as the half way point so I’m sure it will all be downhill from here.

Last edited:
But we press on and move to Japan.

I’m not really a Sake fan so I don’t think I’ll go for that option. There’s plum wine which sounds drinkable but I think I’ll end up picking the Tokyo Sunset - Coconut Rum, Peach Schnapps, Banana Liqueur, and Pineapple Juice

upload_2016-3-14_8-44-39.png

or the Yuzu Spray - Yuzu, Sho Chiku Bai Sake, and a splah of Sprite.

Then we move onto one of the countries I haven’t visited in real life – Morocco.

Here I’m tossing up between the Sultan’s Colada - Rum, Pineapple, Coconut Juice, Almond Liqueur

upload_2016-3-14_8-44-49.png

Or the Pomegranate Mimosa –

upload_2016-3-14_8-44-58.png

So many choices – but I’m thinking the Mimosa may be a little lighter at this point in the day.

After Morocco we start to turn into the home stretch

latest

France is up next and there are two choices here – both of which have gotten rave reviews from you guys – the Grey Goose Citron Slush

upload_2016-3-14_8-45-23.png

Or the Ice cream Martini

upload_2016-3-14_8-45-30.png

Even though the Slush looks pretty delicious I may end up with the Ice cream Martini just to get some more food in my stomach at this point in the day.

We’re finally up to the penultimate pavilion – the United Kingdom. I could go for the Magners Pear Cider (which is actually what I drink at home) but I think I want to head into the Rose & Crown and try a cocktail - the Welsh Dragon - Peach Schnapps, Melon Liqueur, Creme de Menthe, Orange Juice, and Pineapple Juice served in a Souvenir Cup

upload_2016-3-14_8-45-43.png

If its busy I’ll probably just get the Cider & Black

upload_2016-3-14_8-45-54.png

And then we’re done.

WHAT.gif

I’m kidding Ryan – I could never forget you crazy Canucks even if you have lousy drink options in Epcot.

But I have come up with a plan

qrxbK9A.gif

I’m going to finish up with dinner at Le Cellier – that way I can get non-authentic Poutine (yum!) and one of the better sounding drinks – the Torontopolitan to end it all off. The Torontopolitan is “A delicious combination of Iceberg Vodka, Chambord, and Cranberry and Orange Juices”

upload_2016-3-14_8-46-37.png

And that my friends is the end. Both of the adventure and of my liver. I’m not sure I’ll actually be able to complete this but it’s nice to have goals!

And finally, this week’s ears. These are my Epcot World Showcase ears – which I had to make when I found vintage travel poster fabric.

DSC01054.JPG

Here I’m tossing up between the Sultan’s Colada - Rum, Pineapple, Coconut Juice, Almond Liqueur

I'd be tossing up at this point too - but not in the decision making kind of way! :rotfl:

Good luck with this! Many of the drinks look yummy but I am such a light weight that I would probably only make it a quarter of the way through! :crazy2:

I think after last week’s break it’s time to get back to the drinking

Hic!

And what better way to do it than to drink your way through 11 country themed pavilions located perilously close to a large body of water!

:laughing: Never thought of that.
Maybe they'll start installing nets close to the shoreline.

I’ve been to nine out of the 11 countries in real life so I think it’s going to be interesting to compare the drink options to the real things

Pretty impressive.
I've only done... six.

Now there are two ways to begin this but only one is correct. I’m sorry @pkondz but no one in their right mind would start in Canada ;)

Well! How rude!
I mean... Really!

the Blood Orange Margarita from La Cave del Tequila

upload_2016-3-14_8-41-35-png.156130

I mean it looks amazing right?

Yes it does, actually.

But it’s a shot so it will be over quickly and we can move on to China.

What a glowing recommendation. "it will be over quickly"

I’ve had Tsing Tao in the past so I’m going to break my own rule and go for a cocktail which has absolutely nothing to do with its host.

Well that didn't last long.

Jade Beauty - Vodka, Honeydew Melon Liqueur, Pineapple Juice, Lemon-Lime Soda

I like the sound of that one.

After leaving Asia I’ll zip back to Europe (if only you could do this in real life!)

You can! They're called airplanes.

This time I’m going to get the Berentzen Apfel Shot.

I don't know about this one.
I'd be willing to try it, but doubt I'd care for it.

I can’t say I’m a fan of Venice

Say WHAT?!?!?!?!?

(I’m more of a Florence kind of gal)

Okay, to be fair, I haven't been to Florence and I hear it's wonderful.
But I loved Venice.

Then we move on to the least exciting of the pavilions- the American Adventure. I don’t know what else they can do here but it is a really underwhelming representation of your country (at that time period).

Interesting observation.

This will be drink number 6 – otherwise known as the half way point so I’m sure it will all be downhill from here.

So... you'll be crawling then?

Tokyo Sunset - Coconut Rum

Stop. You just said the two worst words in a row.

Yuzu Spray - Yuzu, Sho Chiku Bai Sake, and a splah of Sprite.

That sounds really interesting. I'd definitely like to try that one.
Although it goes from exotic (Yuzu Spray) to dull (Sprite) way to quickly.

Then we move onto one of the countries I haven’t visited in real life – Morocco.

Why not? What's wrong with you???

Sultan’s Colada - Rum, Pineapple, Coconut Juice

:sad2: Rum... and coconut... again???

Or the Pomegranate Mimosa –

Love me a good Mimosa.

the Grey Goose Citron Slush

Yes! Yes yes yes yes yes!

Even though the Slush looks pretty delicious I may end up with the Ice cream Martini just to get some more food in my stomach at this point in the day.

Uh, huh. Says the girl who was going to have the Mimosa because she wants something that "may be a little lighter at this point in the day."

the Welsh Dragon - Peach Schnapps, Melon Liqueur, Creme de Menthe, Orange Juice, and Pineapple Juice served in a Souvenir Cup

Yum. That is all.

And then we’re done.

What????

What he said!

I’m kidding Ryan – I could never forget you crazy Canucks even if you have lousy drink options in Epcot.

Hmph.
Even if you are right.

I’m going to finish up with dinner at Le Cellier – that way I can get non-authentic Poutine (yum!) and one of the better sounding drinks – the Torontopolitan to end it all off. The Torontopolitan is “A delicious combination of Iceberg Vodka, Chambord, and Cranberry and Orange Juices”

Steak.... Filet to be precise.
Oh and the drink too.

I’m not sure I’ll actually be able to complete this but it’s nice to have goals!

:laughing:

And finally, this week’s ears. These are my Epcot World Showcase ears – which I had to make when I found vintage travel poster fabric.

Nice!

I'd be tossing up at this point too - but not in the decision making kind of way!

:rotfl2:

Good luck with this! Many of the drinks look yummy but I am such a light weight that I would probably only make it a quarter of the way through! :crazy2:

I figure that I wont actually drink more than half of any drink so it's really only 6 drinks worth and if I space it out over eight hours or so that's only one drink every 90 minutes which sounds doable!

You know, I think you've inspired me! I am going to start at Canada however, if I could start with a Torontopolitan, that would start the day off right! Then, definitely the Pomegranate Mimosa to follow. And now we start the true meaning of the pub crawl - I am now crawling towards the next set of bushes to sleep!

Hahaha. I'm definitely planning a later start the next day (or I may even do it the day before my cruise so I can sleep it off on the way to ship!)

:laughing: Never thought of that.
Maybe they'll start installing nets close to the shoreline.

I was hoping for something more like this..

Pretty impressive.
I've only done... six.

Six is still pretty good.

Well! How rude!
I mean... Really!

What a glowing recommendation. "it will be over quickly"

That's not the pick up line you used on Ruby?

Well that didn't last long.

upload_2016-3-15_15-17-52.jpeg

You can! They're called airplanes.

But they take hours....at least here it's only a two minute walk!

Say WHAT?!?!?!?!?

upload_2016-3-15_15-19-1.jpeg

Okay, to be fair, I haven't been to Florence and I hear it's wonderful.
But I loved Venice.

Venice was meh - Florence on the other hand is just perfect.

So... you'll be crawling then?

You won't get me on my knees that easily ;)

Stop. You just said the two worst words in a row.

Oh you and your coconut phobia...

That sounds really interesting. I'd definitely like to try that one.
Although it goes from exotic (Yuzu Spray) to dull (Sprite) way to quickly.

True. Although you know with Sprite it's just going to taste like pure sugar.

Why not? What's wrong with you???

Fine. I'll cross Canada off the top of my list and change it to Morocco....I was really looking forward to Winnipeg.

:sad2: Rum... and coconut... again???

If I drink it then you wont have to.

Love me a good Mimosa.

See I usually don't because I'm not an OJ fan.

Uh, huh. Says the girl who was going to have the Mimosa because she wants something that "may be a little lighter at this point in the day."

That was lighter in alcohol content - not in calories! Don't stand in the way of a girl and her ice cream.

Steak.... Filet to be precise.
Oh and the drink too.

I'm not made of filet money....

Thank you.

I was hoping for something more like this..

Now middle aged men who apparently can't catch?
Are you sure that's safe?

Six is still pretty good.

You bet it is!!!

Oh! Six. You said "Six".
Sorry, I misunderstood.

Thought you said "sax".

Love me a little Baker Street.
(And if by some horrible reason you haven't heard Gerry Rafferty's Baker Street... :sad2:)

That's not the pick up line you used on Ruby?

rim_shot_emoticon.gif

Yep. She did.
But there was something good on TV.

But they take hours....at least here it's only a two minute walk!

Oh, well if you're going to nit pick about little details like that...

And if two minutes is all you want, then I'm your man.
Well.... does it have to be the whole two minutes??

Venice was meh - Florence on the other hand is just perfect.

I'll have to take your word for it.
But Florence is on my list.
If it ever happens, then we'll talk.

You won't get me on my knees that easily ;)

:eek::faint:
<whimper>
Are you sure? Here, have another rum and coconut drink.

Oh you and your coconut phobia...

Excuse me, but it's been scientifically shown that coconut consumption causes stomach ulcers, oral bleeding, memory loss, hair loss, something else that I forget, lumbago, vomiting, gingivitis, bloating, vomiting, acid reflux, erectile dysfunction, acne, arthritis, vomiting, asthma, back pain and vomiting.

And I'm not risking the dysfunction.

True. Although you know with Sprite it's just going to taste like pure sugar.

Yeah... bleh.

Fine. I'll cross Canada off the top of my list and change it to Morocco....I was really looking forward to Winnipeg.

No! Don't do anything rash!
Morocco is highly overrated.

Highly.

If I drink it then you wont have to.

And I thank you for your selflessness.

See I usually don't because I'm not an OJ fan.

I thought OJ was okay in The Naked Gun movies, but now? Not so much.

That was lighter in alcohol content - not in calories! Don't stand in the way of a girl and her ice cream.

Oh. Nevermind.

I'm not made of filet money....

But you're worth filet money.

Now middle aged men who apparently can't catch?
Are you sure that's safe?

I suppose I could call the fire brigade instead...
f2a1348e_Sexy-Fireman-Joe-Manganiello.xxxlarge-1435768304.gif

You bet it is!!!

Oh! Six. You said "Six".
Sorry, I misunderstood.

Thought you said "sax".

Love me a little Baker Street.
(And if by some horrible reason you haven't heard Gerry Rafferty's Baker Street... :sad2:)

Everybody loves some sax

d05006e4eaab8ea9b84e034b47403fff.jpg

Oh, well if you're going to nit pick about little details like that...

And if two minutes is all you want, then I'm your man.
Well.... does it have to be the whole two minutes??

Of course not - there's got to be a least 40 seconds for snacks...

slide_324525_3097003_free.gif

I'll have to take your word for it.
But Florence is on my list.
If it ever happens, then we'll talk.
raw

:eek::faint:
<whimper>
Are you sure? Here, have another rum and coconut drink.

ooh bad luck - you picked the wrong choice of drink
giphy.gif

Excuse me, but it's been scientifically shown that coconut consumption causes stomach ulcers, oral bleeding, memory loss, hair loss, something else that I forget, lumbago, vomiting, gingivitis, bloating, vomiting, acid reflux, erectile dysfunction, acne, arthritis, vomiting, asthma, back pain and vomiting.

And I'm not risking the dysfunction.
oh-my-takei_zps45fbdc2c.gif%7Ec200

No! Don't do anything rash!
Morocco is highly overrated.

Highly.
hsop.gif

And I thank you for your selflessness.

tumblr_miw1ggb6nJ1s751i1o1_250.gif

I thought OJ was okay in The Naked Gun movies, but now? Not so much.

v1G2rHd.gif

But you're worth filet money.

tumblr_mooozlHGcd1rnr47go1_250.gif

I suppose I could call the fire brigade instead...
f2a1348e_Sexy-Fireman-Joe-Manganiello.xxxlarge-1435768304.gif

Sure. And they're handy in case of fire, too.

Of course not - there's got to be a least 40 seconds for snacks...
slide_324525_3097003_free.gif

That leaves a minute and twenty seconds....
Maybe we could play cards for a minute?

ooh bad luck - you picked the wrong choice of drink
giphy.gif

Drink this!!!!!

3480081579_9f6da2ca61_b.jpg

Sorry about spilling some of it.
Did I get that on your top?
Let me clean that up for you...

Dang.

Pleasure is my middle name.

No, wait... it's Treasure.

No, wait... it's Measure.

Wait... it's not that either...
Something has caused memory loss...

That leaves a minute and twenty seconds....
Maybe we could play cards for a minute?

I'm always looking for a new 500 partner...

Drink this!!!!!

3480081579_9f6da2ca61_b.jpg

Sorry about spilling some of it.
Did I get that on your top?
Let me clean that up for you...

4a3c3520bde0403b391f7eb94ed090c3_original.gif

Pleasure is my middle name.

No, wait... it's Treasure.

No, wait... it's Measure.

Wait... it's not that either...
Something has caused memory loss...

tumblr_nifhvawMSY1tq4of6o1_500.gif

I'm always looking for a new 500 partner...

Just in case... you mean Rummy or Gin Rummy 500?
I haven't played in a looong time (not one of my family plays cards!)
I remember playing with a best friend when I was a teen.
We decided to play Rummy 5000 one day.

Took a while.
I'm not even sure we finished...

Whatever that shirt is treated with should be immediately banned.

Good. Then you won't know whether I'm coming or going.

Just in case... you mean Rummy or Gin Rummy 500?
I haven't played in a looong time (not one of my family plays cards!)
I remember playing with a best friend when I was a teen.
We decided to play Rummy 5000 one day.

Took a while.
I'm not even sure we finished...

I mean this one

"500 or Five Hundred is a trick-taking game that is an extension of Euchre with some ideas from Bridge. For two to six players it is most commonly played by four players in partnerships but is sometimes recommended as a good three player game. It arose in America before 1900 and was promoted by the United States Playing Card Company, which copyrighted and marketed the rules in 1904. 500 is a social card game and was highly popular in the United States until around 1920 when first Auction bridge and then Contract Bridge drove it from favour. It continues to enjoy popularity in Australia, New Zealand and Quebec."

31 Weeks to Go

I thought I’d use this week’s update to start planning the most important part of any trip – the food. I think I’ve already spoken about some of the key things I want to try this time around but ADR day is fast approaching so it’s time to do some proper planning.

tumblr_m8ryw4TucE1qfccvpo1_500.gif

Seeing as I’m staying on property for 14 days (plus three at Universal) that’s a whole lot of ADRs so I’m not even going to attempt to cover it all in one post.

635720962709763922-48029828_tumblr_n1w151e8Oa1s6gzavo1_250.gif

So we’ll start from the beginning and see how far we get before we fall into a food coma

NiyxcUuHScqwK5YQJFXQ_z8.gif

The first two nights of my Orlando stay are at Animal Kingdom Lodge. These are non-park days so will involve hanging around the resort and maybe a trip to Disney Springs.

I’ll arrive mid afternoon on October 23rd having just arrived back on land from first cruise. So I’m sure I’ll be exhausted but I can’t pass up the opportunity to have a dinner at Jiko. I’m not planning on having a full meal and am thinking I’ll have an appetizer and a salad. The flatbreads look great and the tomato salad sounds just like what I’ll need after a week of cruise food.

348s.jpg

thumb_600.jpg

Plus there’s always room for dessert – the Valrhona Mousse Cake is definitely ending up in my belly.

The next day I’m planning on spending most of the day at the resort so I’m going to grab lunch at Sanaa to try the famous bread service

AKL_sanaa_breadservice1_glover.jpg

That many carbs will keep me going until I head over to Disney Springs in the evening. At this stage I’m thinking of hitting up Morimoto’s but there are so new many things opening up there that this could change by October.

If I end up at Morimoto’s I’ll be getting the chicken bao and the cashew pork ramen!

upload_2016-3-20_9-11-12.png

And then it’s time for one more ADR before checking out on the 25th – breakfast at Boma :cutie:. I’ve read a lot of reviews that say this is the best buffet on property so I’m willing to give it a try for the sake of research ;)

BOMA_1_998.jpg

After stuffing myself at breakfast it will be time to check out and hit the road across town to Universal. Seeing as its Universal there’s not as much need for reservations but that doesn’t mean I can’t plan.

giphy.gif

The plan is to check in and explore the resort before heading to City Walk to grab some dinner and do some window shopping. My plan on the first night is to go full on tourist mode at check out Margaritaville. The Dis Universal team reviewed this recently and gave it the big thumbs up so I’m keen to check it out.

f___0764.jpg

The next two days are park days so I’ll probably end up with quick service options in the park. I’m definitely going to head back to Springfield USA for one meal and the Three Broomsticks for another.

20130606-krusty-burger-exterior.jpg

And then it’s my last morning in the parks on the 28th. I’ll probably hang around til lunch time and grab one last meal at City Walk before heading back to Disney. At this stage it will either be NBC Sports Grill and Brew or the recently announced Toothsome Chocolate Factory...

Chocolate.jpg

And then it will be back in an Uber and on my way back into the bubble.

I think that’s where we’ll leave our dining journey for now. It’s a lot of food for one sitting

tumblr_nexc9uCoyH1s8l4eao1_500.gif

I mean this one

Ah. Totally not what I was thinking.
Interesting that it's popular in Quebec.
You'd think I'd have heard about it then.

I thought I’d use this week’s update to start planning the most important part of any trip – the food.

Food? Are you sure? I thought it was alcohol?

it’s time to do some proper planning.

I prefer improper planning.
But that's just me.

I’ll arrive mid afternoon on October 23rd having just arrived back on land from first cruise.

"First cruise"

:faint:

The flatbreads look great and the tomato salad sounds just like what I’ll need after a week of cruise food.

Plus there’s always room for dessert

Ummm.... "Oh, just a salad for me! I've had quite a bit on the cruise, you know!
AND CHOCOLATE! BRING ME CHOCOLATE! AND CAKE! AND ICE CREAM!"

The next day I’m planning on spending most of the day at the resort so I’m going to grab lunch at Sanaa to try the famous bread service

I'd just heard of this.
And it does look amazing.

breakfast at Boma :cutie:. I’ve read a lot of reviews that say this is the best buffet on property so I’m willing to give it a try for the sake of research ;)

It is? I'd heard that it was the best for dinner, but not for breakfast.
Huh!

My plan on the first night is to go full on tourist mode

Aren't you already in full tourist mode the second you step on the airplane back in Oz?

or the recently announced Toothsome Chocolate Factory...

Hello! What the what?????

Boma is an excellent choice for breakfast and dinner! And the bread service at Sanaa is excellent. I actually prefer this restaurant for lunch rather than dinner since you can see the animals right outside the windows in the daylight. I think you'll have a great time hanging out at the AKL for a couple of days! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter