I must be crazy! - An October-November 2016 Solo PTR - Update 10/9 2 Weeks to Go - That's a Wrap

I enjoyed your dining report so much that I am following on this great PTR - my first one. Love that you are planning this mega trip! So much fun. Excited to hear all about your adventure!

I also found this PTR through your dining report! Absolutely love your style of writing and your big trip next year sounds amazing. Looking forward to following along with your planning and checking out all of your cool baked treats.

Happy planning!

Yes!! We will be going for both. Hitting the party on the 31st is DR's request. And my friend who will be going with us is running Wine and Dine and we will hopefully be attending the race party!

That's why I picked this time of year - I'm going to try and fit in F&W, MNSSHP, MVMCP and HHN at Universal in the one trip :hyper:

Joining in. And:

1. I love the baked treats.
2. I am terribly, terribly jealous that you have visited all the Disney parks, because that is my dream as well. So far all I've managed is WDW and DL. Also I have a Disney cruise planned. Also I want to go to Aulani. Who needs to save for retirement?
3. Birthday trips are the BEST. I did one a couple of years ago and no birthday since has been the same.
4. I've never stayed at any of those DL hotels, but I'd definitely go for one of the slightly nicer ones, myself.

Welcome and thanks for joining in.

1. Baked treats are awesome even if I'm having to do an extra run each week to make up for eating them ;)
2. Visiting all the parks was on my bucket list - I'm just waiting for Shanghai to open now as it means I can uncross the item and add it back on to the bucket list (and I hadn't thought about Aulani - maybe I should add that on too?) Plus retirement is ages away - I always think I'll just save for it later. For me this time it was a toss up between doing a kitchen renovation or this trip and clearly Mickey won :earboy2:.
3. See I usually hate my birthday because it is on a terrible day when everything is closed and everyone is hung over. So this time I'm going to be celebrating it a few weeks early to see If that makes a difference!
4. That seems to be the consistent advice from everyone - pay the extra for a nicer hotel!

I enjoyed your dining report so much that I am following on this great PTR - my first one. Love that you are planning this mega trip! So much fun. Excited to hear all about your adventure!

Thank you - I'm glad you're joining in on the fun on planning a Disney trip (most non-Disney people have no idea how fun the actual planning can be!).

I also found this PTR through your dining report! Absolutely love your style of writing and your big trip next year sounds amazing. Looking forward to following along with your planning and checking out all of your cool baked treats.

Happy planning!

:welcome:

And thank you - I really appreciate the positive feedback (it's always nice to receive compliments rather than criticism on the internet :D).

That's why I picked this time of year - I'm going to try and fit in F&W, MNSSHP, MVMCP and HHN at Universal in the one trip :hyper:

Maybe if we are there same time, we can do a Dismeet! That's how I met Ann who we are meeting up with in 2016. Who knew I would meet my best friend or "my person" (if anyone is a Greys anatomy fan) on an online forum board!

Maybe if we are there same time, we can do a Dismeet! That's how I met Ann who we are meeting up with in 2016. Who knew I would meet my best friend or "my person" (if anyone is a Greys anatomy fan) on an online forum board!

Absolutely! I didn't have any planned dismeets last trip (although I did coincidentally run into a few disers during my stay) and would love to be able to do some this time!

Hello, following along...
I've been enjoying your DR and when I saw you were planning another trip I just had to follow along here as well.
What better birthday treat than a trip to Disney. Already it sounds like the most incredible birthday ever! You've got a lot of plans, but hey we only live once so you might as well go all out.
Loving your weekly cupcake designs.
Looking forward to more updates....

Hello, following along...
I've been enjoying your DR and when I saw you were planning another trip I just had to follow along here as well.
What better birthday treat than a trip to Disney. Already it sounds like the most incredible birthday ever! You've got a lot of plans, but hey we only live once so you might as well go all out.
Loving your weekly cupcake designs.
Looking forward to more updates....

Thanks for joining in and following along! I'm thinking this weeks update will be food related so stick around for that one ;)

Love love love your cupcakes! I'm sure your coworkers don't mind the Disney talk when you keep bringing treats in lol

Thank you. I haven't actually told my colleagues that the cupcakes are Disney themed each week - I think I've managed to keep them broad enough that they don't scream Disney to outsiders but Disney enough so Disney people can recognise them :laughing:

52 Weeks to Go

keep-calm-only-1-year-to-go-3.png

So this week officially marked the 1 year to go point for this trip which is super exciting. And I have a feeling that one year is going to fly by very quickly ::yes::

I haven’t done any trip planning this week as I’ve had a week full of meetings at work and my mother flew up for a visit this weekend. However I did jot down a list of topics I can discuss over the next 52 weeks and have picked one to talk about today!

I decided to start with my favourite topic which, of course, would be food and discuss my food wish list for this trip. I’m going to break it down by park which has shown me I’ve already got too long a wish list.

So let’s start with Disneyland as it is the shortest list as I don’t know too much about the food choices there:
· Churros – I had these on my very first visit to Disneyland and have to get them solely for nostalgia's stake.
· Mickey Beignets from Cafe Orleans – this is the one item I’ve heard people rave about – and I love beignets and Mickey so I’m thinking it will be a winner.

See I told you it would be a short list :laughing:. Let’s move to the east coast and start outside the park at Disney Springs:
· Raglan Road – mainly for the atmosphere (and not the bread pudding, sorry guys but I’m just not a fan of it) and maybe for the Jaffa Kiss.
· Jock Lindsay’s Hangar Bar – this is on the list as they have an awesome sounding cocktail menu – the Cool-headed Monkey is going to be my first pick but Reggie’s Revenge also sounds delicious!

And then we move on to the resort wish list:
· Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto, Polynesian – because it looks amazing and again, cocktails :hyper:. The Uh-Oa! looks awesome but probably does need to be shared so my to drink list includes the HippoppotoMai-Tai and the Shrunken Zombie Head.
· Boma – I really want to try the breakfast here and have a plan that may result in me staying at AKL for a few days, so if I can get it to work out its definitely on the list
· Victoria & Alberts – V&As looks incredible and I love a fine dining experience – the price puts this in as a true “wish” part of a wish list but we’ll see.
· Captain Cooks – two words, Tonga Toast.

At Animal Kingdom all I want to get is the dole whip with coconut rum from Tamu Tamu.

At Hollywood Studios my list consists of the Cobb salad at Hollywood Brown Derby and Dining with an Imagineer.

At Epcot the list is a little longer:
· Via Napoli – after all the rave reviews on here I really want to try their pizza.
· Karamel Kuche – the sea salt caramel and the cookies are calling my name.
· Kringla Kafe og Bakeri – I need to try a school bread to see what the fuss is all about
· Plus the entire Food & Wine festival! :thumbsup2

And then that just leaves Magic Kingdom:
· Liberty Tree Tavern – the ooey gooey toffee cake (or two or three of them)
· Skipper’s Canteen – I definitely want to see what the theming will end up like for this. I’ve read that it may have a 50s Prime Time vibe in that the CMs are all in character which would be cool.

So that’s my food wish list as it currently stands – I’m hoping to be able to tick off as much as that as possible but it will definitely change over the next year I’m sure.

And last but not least this week’s cupcakes. In honour of Halloween I decided to make some Jack Skellington cupcakes which are pumpkin pie spice flavoured (including real pumpkin).
20151017_202600.jpg

Mmmmmm, FOOD, That's my favorite topic too ! That and Disney of course. My mom says that's all I talk about.
Congrats on hitting the 1 year mark!
Nice wish list. I am longing to try V&A's also. Crossing my fingers that I can snag an ADR for this upcoming trip.
I'll probably tackle my ADR wish list on my PTR I recently started sometime this week.
You're definitely really organized about future topic updates. I'm impressed.
Also I really want to taste this week's cupcakes. Pumpkin spice with real pumpkin? Yes, please!

I love the cupcakes... as you can see from my PTR title.. Jack is the reason we are going when we are haha.

I love your lists.

I'm already drooling over the 2015 food and wine lists. Cannot wait to start seeing 16 leaks.

My list has California Grill on it as the fine dining. The DF actually seemed interested in the Bison steak. I started tossing other ideas out and he was like hey hey I like the idea of that steak. Don't have it....yes sir you actually have an opinion then I won't fool with it haha

HI! :wave2:
I'm following along! I'm sitting here in awe and amazement and a puddle of jealous at your travels! How fantastic that you've been able to see all the Disney parks!

Your birthday trip plans look amazing! We took our first (and only so far) Disney cruise in 2014 and absolutely loved it, I think you will too!

Adore your cupcakes! Your co-workers are seriously lucky!

Can't wait to read how your trip plans evolve!

Kelly

Mmmmmm, FOOD, That's my favorite topic too ! That and Disney of course. My mom says that's all I talk about.
Congrats on hitting the 1 year mark!
Nice wish list. I am longing to try V&A's also. Crossing my fingers that I can snag an ADR for this upcoming trip.
I'll probably tackle my ADR wish list on my PTR I recently started sometime this week.
You're definitely really organized about future topic updates. I'm impressed.
Also I really want to taste this week's cupcakes. Pumpkin spice with real pumpkin? Yes, please!

I'm one of those people who if I'm not eating I'm thinking about food - so it's basically my life 24/7 popcorn::

I decided to plan it out because I know there will be weeks when I'm not actually planning but I still want to do an update and having a list of topics to choose from will make it easier to write!

I love the cupcakes... as you can see from my PTR title.. Jack is the reason we are going when we are haha.

I love your lists.

I'm already drooling over the 2015 food and wine lists. Cannot wait to start seeing 16 leaks.

My list has California Grill on it as the fine dining. The DF actually seemed interested in the Bison steak. I started tossing other ideas out and he was like hey hey I like the idea of that steak. Don't have it....yes sir you actually have an opinion then I won't fool with it haha

I've read that the lines for Jack at MNSSHP are even longer than A&E so I hope you (and DF) get to meet him!

HI! :wave2:
I'm following along! I'm sitting here in awe and amazement and a puddle of jealous at your travels! How fantastic that you've been able to see all the Disney parks!

Your birthday trip plans look amazing! We took our first (and only so far) Disney cruise in 2014 and absolutely loved it, I think you will too!

Adore your cupcakes! Your co-workers are seriously lucky!

Can't wait to read how your trip plans evolve!

Kelly
:welcome:

Thanks for joining in. Hopefully you've got a mop on hand as I'd had to cause you to puddle up with no way to clean it :laughing:

I'm hoping to do a lot of firsts this trip but the cruise is the one I'm most nervous about - I'm glad that cruisers like yourselves enjoyed their time on DCL as it gives me hope that I won't hate being stuck on a floating hotel with no escape!

I've read that the lines for Jack at MNSSHP are even longer than A&E so I hope you (and DF) get to meet him!

When I went in late September, the line for Jack and Sally were insanely long. A&E were 45 minutes and seemed to move fairly smoothly. Perhaps a quick dash to their meet and greet area would put you into the queue while the other guests get their bearings and hit up the treat stations?

I'm hoping to do a lot of firsts this trip but the cruise is the one I'm most nervous about - I'm glad that cruisers like yourselves enjoyed their time on DCL as it gives me hope that I won't hate being stuck on a floating hotel wi

I think you're going to love it! How long is the cruise you've booked? My husband and son were both a little nervous before we went, it was their first cruise, but it took no time at all for them to get over that. There is SO much to do on the ship, movies, swimming, character meet and greets, bingo, beverage tastings and EATING!! We had no time at all to get bored. If you have any questions at all about the cruise I'll do my best to help answer! We were on the Dream 4 night Bahamas

I think you're going to love it! How long is the cruise you've booked? My husband and son were both a little nervous before we went, it was their first cruise, but it took no time at all for them to get over that. There is SO much to do on the ship, movies, swimming, character meet and greets, bingo, beverage tastings and EATING!! We had no time at all to get bored. If you have any questions at all about the cruise I'll do my best to help answer! We were on the Dream 4 night Bahamas

Just the 3 night Bahamas on the Dream. I figure if I really hate it I can probably cope with three days (four just seemed like to many if I wasn't enjoying myself!).

And I'll definitely let you know if I have any questions - I'm sure as it gets closer I'll think up lots of questions that need answering ;)

I've read that the lines for Jack at MNSSHP are even longer than A&E so I hope you (and DF) get to meet him

Psttttt wanna know a secret? I'm a terrible person and when we went in 2013 I stood in his line for 15 minutes and saw him during the villians show. Do I feel like I missed a part of the party? Heck no. It was worth the short wait and it was an awesome greet. So few people in line he was taking plenty of time with guest. Like did a video for the DF! It was awesome.

Psttttt wanna know a secret? I'm a terrible person and when we went in 2013 I stood in his line for 15 minutes and saw him during the villians show. Do I feel like I missed a part of the party? Heck no. It was worth the short wait and it was an awesome greet. So few people in line he was taking plenty of time with guest. Like did a video for the DF! It was awesome.

Sounds awesome - just don't tell the people who lined up for two hours to meet him that it only took you 15 minutes ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter