I must be crazy! - An October-November 2016 Solo PTR - Update 10/9 2 Weeks to Go - That's a Wrap

Merry Christmas!

I hope you have a wonderful trip, and that you write at least a little bit of your travels in this thread or on your blog!

43 Weeks to Go

I'm sitting at the airport waiting to board my plane for my 29th birthday trip so this update will be short and sweet :cutie:

I had a nice family Christmas and managed to receive a few nice presents (dropping less than subtle hints works wonders!).

My favourite is this beauty - my new Sony RX100.
image.png

I'm hoping to test it out on this trip so we'll see what she can do!

I also bought myself a Christmas present at the sales - my new luggage set.
image.jpeg

As you can see I may have gone a little Disney overboard but at least I'll be able to spot it on the carousel!

I hope you all got something equally as wonderful and that you had a safe and fun Christmas!

I hope you all have a great New Years too - I'll try and update you on this trip if I can find reliable wifi somewhere :goodvibes

Merry Christmas (a little late) and I hope you have a wonderful trip! Love your new luggage set! I'm in the market for a small new camera also - look forward to hearing how you like your new one!

(dropping less than subtle hints works wonders!).

What???
facepalm_zpsb4hvgtwd.gif

Very nice. I presume you're bringing it with you.

As you can see I may have gone a little Disney overboard but at least I'll be able to spot it on the carousel!

::yes::

Although... have you seen... this?

c8239839-1667-4840-8468-3d4430747462_zps3hsvvvfr.jpg

I hope you're having a great time on your Asian Adventure! :goodvibes

image-png.141443

I'm hoping to test it out on this trip so we'll see what she can do!
Ooooh, looking forward to how you feel about this after using it. I've been casually kicking around in my head the idea of breaking down and buying a real camera, rather than just always relying on my phone! :scratchin

I also bought myself a Christmas present at the sales - my new luggage set.
image-jpeg.141444

LOVE IT!!! I have been tempted for years to buy myself a nice Disney-themed luggage set. The only thing stopping me is that just barely 7 years ago, I bought a non-Disney luggage set, and there's not a thing wrong with it. Maybe I need to start being rougher on it when I travel, so that way it will fall apart sooner and I can justify buying a next set, yeah? :cutie:

Safe travels! I envy your trips immensely!

Thanks! So far it's going well and I'm sure it will only get better when I get to Hong Kong tomorrow.

Merry Christmas (a little late) and I hope you have a wonderful trip! Love your new luggage set! I'm in the market for a small new camera also - look forward to hearing how you like your new one!

Thank you. I'm loving the luggage (even if I'm only using the carry on bag this trip) and the camera is amazing - can't wait to show you guys the pics when I get back!

New camera - excellent! New luggage - excellent! I am tempted, but I'm going to let the less than careful baggage handlers wreck my current set before I buy a new set. Have a great trip!

See I had a cheap Kmart (Walmart is probably your equivalent) set and the baggage handlers broke the handle on my last trip - so I was completely justified in buying an expensive Disney set ;)

::yes::

Although... have you seen... this?

c8239839-1667-4840-8468-3d4430747462_zps3hsvvvfr.jpg

I have not seen this and it is my new favourite thing in the world.

Safe travels! LOVE the suitcase!

Thanks!

Have fun...stay safe...love the suitcase! Great model of a point and shoot camera! Enjoy!

Thanks!

I hope you're having a great time on your Asian Adventure! :goodvibes

I am so far (but not as much as if I were at Disney of course :cutie:)

Ooooh, looking forward to how you feel about this after using it. I've been casually kicking around in my head the idea of breaking down and buying a real camera, rather than just always relying on my phone! :scratchin

I am absolutely loving this camera and have barely taken any photos using my phone this trip (only for Instagram posts!)

LOVE IT!!! I have been tempted for years to buy myself a nice Disney-themed luggage set. The only thing stopping me is that just barely 7 years ago, I bought a non-Disney luggage set, and there's not a thing wrong with it. Maybe I need to start being rougher on it when I travel, so that way it will fall apart sooner and I can justify buying a next set, yeah? :cutie:

I had never had a nice set before this one and the baggage handlers damaged my last one so I had no choice but to buy an expensive Disney themed set right? :rolleyes1

Last edited:
42 Weeks to Go

It's finally 2016 so you know what that means...I can officially say I'm going on my trip this year!

I'm currently sitting in a hotel room in Yangon getting ready for the day using less than reliable internet so we'll see how this update goes.

I'm planning on putting up a mini TR about this trip when I get back home and can upload my photos so in the mean time I'm going to fill you in on the bargain I got that will save me around 8% on my cruise. Target had a last minute pre Christmas sale which included 10% off all of their gift cards. Now you were only meant to buy one per family up to $300 but I was just a little sneaky and ended up buying three $300 cards.

With the 10% I only paid $810 for them. I then used these to buy some Disney gift cards which will be used to pay off the cruise. I know you're thinking I should be saving 10% not 8% but when you take into account the international transaction fees I have to pay for living outside the US that's what it ends up as. But still that's 8% in my pocket to spend on other parts of the trip instead ☺️
And I almost forgot that I've passed the magical 300 day mark this week so here is the obligatory 300 day dance.

tumblr_mwq9h1fRuy1sjt33fo1_400.gif

And last but not least here are some cupcakes I made for New Years (before I left) - they are champagne cupcakes with a pop rock/firework filling.

2016-01-03 08.51.53.png

Last edited:
I took advantage of that sale on Target gift cards too and bought a $150 gift card for $135 which I then used to purchase three $50 Disney gift cards to give to my family as part of their Christmas gifts. They'll get to use them when we go to DL this April. Glad you were able to get in on the deal too!

I looked your camera up on amazon.com - it's a bit (okay, a lot) above the $100 or so I was hoping to spend on a new camera but I bet it is awesome!

It's finally 2016 so you know what that means...I can officially say I'm going on my trip this year!

This officially deserves a woot.
Prepare yourself...

Woot!

I'm currently sitting in a hotel room in Yangon getting ready for the day using less than reliable internet so we'll see how this update goes.

It went.

Target had a last minute pre Christmas sale which included 10% off all of their gift cards. Now you were only meant to buy one per family up to $300 but I was just a little sneaky and ended up buying three $300 cards.

With the 10% I only paid $810 for them. I then used these to buy some Disney gift cards which will be used to pay off the cruise.

Nice! We don't have Targets anymore. They failed miserably in Canada. I guess that's what you get for being arrogant. Come to think of it... I don't know if I can get Disney gift cards here either. Hmmm....

I took advantage of that sale on Target gift cards too and bought a $150 gift card for $135 which I then used to purchase three $50 Disney gift cards to give to my family as part of their Christmas gifts. They'll get to use them when we go to DL this April. Glad you were able to get in on the deal too!

I looked your camera up on amazon.com - it's a bit (okay, a lot) above the $100 or so I was hoping to spend on a new camera but I bet it is awesome!

The camera was a little pricey (I paid $440 AUD for it) but honestly it is so much better than my old $100 point and shoot that I think it's worth it.

This officially deserves a woot.
Prepare yourself...

Woot!

What is the correct response to a woot? Is it just a woot in return?

I had clicked post like 10 times so I was afraid I would be spamming you with multiple posts!

Nice! We don't have Targets anymore. They failed miserably in Canada. I guess that's what you get for being arrogant. Come to think of it... I don't know if I can get Disney gift cards here either. Hmmm....

No Target? I'll be cancelling my trip to Canada then....

Well I was able to buy the target cards from Aus because they were ecards and all you needed was an email address. Using them to buy Disney cards was possible because my brother lives in LA and let's me send things to his address :cutie:

Otherwise we have no Disney card purchasing options down under either :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter