I Met My Interviewer!

Woodskeeper

Lantern Enthusiast
Today while I was working at my school's Student Union two women came up in business attire, one with the Disney CP shirt on asking where the CP Presentation would be. After I told them I explained that I was accepted for the Fall Advantage in Merchandising. They congratulated me and we spoke excitedly for a few minutes before they walked off.

I then went to grab dinner and ran into them again. We spoke for a little while longer and then they asked who my interviewer was. It was then that it all clicked and we realized that one of them, Allison, was my interviewer! It was so crazy and weird meeting the person who conducted my interview face to face!

I just had to share with someone, and I knew the DIS family would probably appreciate it the most :goodvibes

Haha that's awesome! You're really lucky! I would love to meet my interviewer, she sounded like the most genuinely nice person ever.

You are lucky! I would have loved to meet my CP interviewer! It turns out that one of her first jobs was working as a hostess at an Outback... which is my current job. We talked about that for a bit (comparing duties and what things have changed) before moving on with the interview.

I also want to meet my PI interviewer for the PI I got... but considering I got that one, I have a feeling I'll meet her when I arrive to start my programming. I had that interview right before heading to WDW for the Princess Half Marathon and it turns out she had done it, so we once again spent a few minutes talking about that...

I love when stuff like that happens. For my 2nd program, I ended up being switched from merch to costuming & they called to tell me. (merch was my last choice, costuming was my 1st) When I went to casting for check in day, one of the people I talked to said my named seemed familiar. I explained about being switched & she then realized she was the one that set it up for me to be able to switch roles.

That IS really cool! :)

Saw that you're a Gator. :thumbsup2 I miss the Reitz Union!

Today while I was working at my school's Student Union two women came up in business attire ...

Small world ... my sister works at the hotel in the Reitz Union.

Somewhat more on-topic, when I did my CP, they still offered in-person interviews, not phone-only. I interviewed, and then once I got down for my check in day, my interviewer was one of the folks working check in. I went up and re-introduced myself and thanked her again for the interview.

Real bad or tough interview questions that we asked for interviews, or so unusual, I remember early in my career where the guy interviewing me kept asking arithmetic problems between mental matters ... I asked him why and he said he was the best way to know if the respondent had a quick wit. Maybe he had a point! I often right but I can imagine the approach would not be to everyone's taste.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter