"I"m Only Going Because My Teacher Told Me To" Nov. 2016 PTR * update 12/2 TRIP REPORT STARTED! *

ariane37

Dis veteran
Hi there everyone! Welcome, welcome to my Thanksgiving PTR. After spending Thanksgiving 2015 in the World and having some ups and downs but overall a really good trip, we decided to do it again!

Here's my Cast Of Characters:
DH Steve and younger DS10 (11 by our trip), Christopher

Older DS 14, Ricky, and me, Ariane (I know, blaspheme! Universal pic)

And because I never did this in my TR's-

Steve
Times to WDW: this will be his 17th trip - 15 of those have been with me!
Favorite Disney Character: None really, but I liken him to Grumpy ::yes::
Favorite Park: Epcot
Favorite Ride: Haunted Mansion
How Big of a Fan? On a scale of 1-10........I'd say a solid 8, maybe a 9. Never thought it would happen! We went once in 2000 and then our first trip with the boys was in 2006; three days after we got home I found him on the computer booking a trip for January 2007! Friends and family don't believe it, and he isn't as obsessed as I am, but he enjoys our trips almost as much as I do.
Fun Fact: A few years ago, he worked with a girl who had been a "friend of" Jasmine's in WDW

Chris
Times to WDW: this will be his 13th trip
Favorite Disney Character(s): Stitch, Genie
Favorite Park: MK
Favorite Ride(s): 3-way tie; BTMRR, Splash Mountain, Test Track
How Big of a Fan? Hmmm.......6, on a scale of 1-10. BUT, I believe it's because Chris is still hesitant to ride a lot of rides so he ends up spending a fair amount of time waiting for his brother and Steve or I to get off the rides he's afraid of, or re-riding rides he doesn't necessarily want to just to avoid sitting around waiting. He just started riding the 2 mountains in Aug. 2014 and his enjoyment level went up significantly, and I think as he adds more rides to his lineup he'll be more excited.
Fun Fact: here's a couple: 1. Chris has the patience of a 3 year old, 2. He's happiest when doing what HE wants and miserable the rest of the time, 3. I love him more than anything.
Oh wait! I was going to make these about Disney! Ok, well, my baby isn't too old to sleep with his Santa Stitch at night

Ricky
Times to WDW: Like Chris, this will be his 13th time
Favorite Disney Character(s): The only one he'll admit to is Sorcerer Mickey, but he's also got a soft spot for Bullseye
Favorite Park: HS, followed closely by MK
Favorite Ride(s): RnRC, ToT. RnRC had the edge, but on our last couple of trips I think ToT started taking the top spot!
How Big a Fan? A solid 8. Even though he's 14 and won't admit it to his friends, he still enjoys our trips to the World. The specific things he enjoys about Disney have changed over the years but there's still enough - old and new - that keeps him excited to be going back.
Fun Fact: Ricky will ride any and all coasters in WDW and Universal - but is afraid of Haunted Mansion! Yup! Didn't ride it from age 7-12, and when we pretty much forced him last Nov. (yes we did, he was TWELVE) he kept his eyes shut the whole time.

Ariane (I get pink for living with all boys)
Times to WDW: 25+. I can't remember how many as a child and my mom can't, either.
Favorite Disney Character(s): Ariel, Merida, Peter Pan, Cruella DeVil
Favorite Park: MGM, or HS before they started doing away with things and changing the theming. RIP the "Hollywood that never was and always will be".
Favorite Ride(s): ToT wins by a mile! But HM and Splash are a close 2nd and 3rd.
How Big a Fan? Well, I'm the reason for all our Disney trips so that would be a 10+! I liked Disney as a child, liked it a lot on my trips in my 20's and early 30's, and then when we took the boys in 2006 something just "clicked". I fell-in-love - and my obsession began. It's only gotten stronger and stronger over the years. Judging by the Disney clothes I'm not ashamed to wear in public (which drives Ricky nuts), the décor around my house and the fact that I can barely get through any conversation without Disney somehow sneaking in, I think it's safe to say my love for all things ::MickeyMo::MinnieMo isn't going anywhere.

Unless they install pay toilets. My bladder is WAY too small for that nonsense!
Fun Fact: I find ironing to be very relaxing. I find it even MORE relaxing if I wear my various Mickey ears or my tiara while doing it.........

There you have it! My crew, who love me enough to deal with my obsession and come with me to my Happy Place over and over again, willingly. Well, you'll see that Chris doesn't always come willingly, but once he gets there he's happy at least 80% of the time, which is pretty good considering his track record.
To keep it "fresh" for the boys we try to do at least one new thing every trip, whether it be a new experience, new resort or dining experiences, or a combination of those.
What will it be this time?

Details, Details, And P.E. Is NOT An Excuse To Miss Vacation
Well now that I gave you the "who", I should probably give you the "when" "where" and "why"!

When: original dates were 11/21-11/27; now 11/19-11/26
Where: original resort was CSR; as of now, split between BCV and CSR. But as we all know when it comes to Disney, plans they're always a-changin'!
Why: do I really need a reason?? Actually there are a few. We loved the weather last year during Thanksgiving week, and we didn't find crowds to be that bad. Also since our kids always have off the day before Thanksgiving the most they'll miss is 2 days of school. And one of the BIG reasons I wanted to go again this year is because of one of our "downs" we experienced on last years trip that I alluded to in my first post: I came down with the dreaded stomach bug ON THANKSGIVING DAY :headache: :mad: So even though we were IN WDW for the holiday, we, and especially I, didn't get to really experience Disney for the actual holiday. And in my book that's a good enough reason to do it again all by itself!

Back to our resort choice. After Steve and I returned from our kid-free January trip (link to TR in my signature, check if out if you want!) I was really feeling the depression set in since we didn't have another trip booked. For the last few years we've always had another trip booked when returning from one, so something just didn't feel right. Anyway as usual it didn't take Steve much convincing to agree to another trip over Thanksgiving. I just had to remind him we once again wouldn't have to host 25 of our closest relatives for the holiday, and then add a little guilt over being sick last Thanksgiving. Before I could spell M-I-C "what's that? Let's look at resort prices?" K-E-Y "yeah I'm fine staying at a mod again" M-O-U "and......we're booked!" We were set at Coronado Springs in a standard room. We'd stayed at CSR in August of 2014 and loved it; it was only our 3rd stay in a moderate resort as we normally rent DVC points and stay deluxe, but we found CSR to be very pretty, very clean, and close enough to all the parks to be every enjoyable.

Here are a couple pictures of our stay there:

Like I said, I was fine staying there again and when I told the boys they were fine too, although Christopher is a huge fan of the Epcot resorts and had to let me know he was a tad disappointed. I often tell him it's our job to disappoint him, and my greatest hope is that one day he has children of his own to disappoint!

As far as the dates, last year we went down the Friday before Thanksgiving and stayed until the Sat. after. This year since it'll be Ricky's first in high school, we asked him how he felt about missing 2 days of school. He's in some honors classes too, which is what I was concerned about. Right away he said no way, he didn't want to miss 2 days of 9th grade. Steve wanted to tell him too bad but I had to respect Ricky's feelings. A little aside, I did much better in school than Steve did :rolleyes1 So a few days after we booked Ricky overheard me telling my mom why we weren't going to leave until Monday night, thereby having the kids only miss one day of school - I told her Ricky didn't want to miss 2 days of his honors classes. Ricky's response to this was, "What? I don't care about my classes, I just don't want to miss 2 days of P.E."

EXCUSE ME??

Now I have the utmost respect for all of you athletes and outside-type people reading this, I really do. However I despised gym class as we were still allowed to call it back then, and except for when I'm in Disney I'm still an indoors person unless I'm sitting outside on someones deck with a nice cold (alcoholic) drink in front of me on a nice day. And by indoors I don't mean an indoor gym, either. Ricky plays basketball year-round, and depending on the time of year is on 2-4 teams/leagues at any given time. Bottom line, the kid is active enough. Bottom line #2: I'm not slighting myself 2 whole park days so you can play dodgeball or whatever for 40 minutes in a school gym! Take a jog around our resort and call it P.E. buddy, we're flying out Saturday. Hence the change in dates :thumbsup2 The change in resorts was a little trickier.........

Last edited:
"I'm only going because my teacher told me to", or "When my 10 year old gave his approval for this trip"

Even though we booked CSR, Steve and I really wanted to rent DVC points again to stay deluxe. We weren't sure where; the two of us stayed a few nights at AKV back in January and I fell in love so that was my first choice. Even though Steve really liked it there his first choice always has been the Epcot area resorts. We've stayed at BWV 4x and except for our trip last Nov., all have been great. You can't beat the location! However I'm not up for another stay there quite yet so his first choice was Beach Club, which would be new to us.

After much deliberation we decided to contact "our guy" and see what was available for our nights at BCV, because after the refurb they'll have something that worked well for us last Nov. that AKV doesn't have:

That's the pull-down Murphy bed at the BW, which was a lifesaver for us! It meant no arguments at night from the boys, Chris fit perfectly and even though we were in a studio they each had their own "space". It really was great to have so BCV won over AKV. We got set with our guy but unfortunately had to waitlist Thanksgiving night; not surprising since this was just 2 weeks ago so like 8 months out! It was decided that at his 7-month window he'd see what else was available and if we chose not to wait it out we could move somewhere for our last 2 nights. Done!

I filled in the boys and Ricky was more than happy with the change. I thought Chris would be since he's let me know CSR wasn't his first choice and he'd commented on not staying in the BW area, but he still wasn't thrilled with the trip in general. Have I mentioned he hates flying? Thinks it takes too long and he gets bored, even with JetBlue's TV. And it's less than a 3 hour flight.! He also doesn't like missing school. Our elementary schools have a half day the Monday before Thanksgiving so he'll only actually miss 1.5 days to Ricky's 2 and they do nothing before the holiday, but he's at the top of his class and hates to make up work.

Before anyone thinks I'm mean for making him miss school, the last 2 years his teachers have given him some work to take with him ONLY because he begs!! In 3rd grade and last year in 4th both teachers told him and I that he's so far ahead he doesn't need to do anything while we're gone, but he kept hounding them for work so they threw some worksheets at him.......yes I'm thankful and proud of how well he does and that he likes school so much. But I'm not thankful when I have to bring him in late or pick him up early for a Dr. appt. and he whines like an Italian mother at her sons funeral about missing schooltime!

The morning after we got our reservation set I went to the school early for PTA stuff. Chris was with me and we happened to see his current teacher in the hall. She and her family stay at BC every August, so I told her we'd be there in Nov. She started jumping up and down, telling Chris how awesome it is. Then she had her 8 year old daughter tell Chris the "best" part of staying there - swimming in Storm Along Bay late at night and then getting ice cream at Beaches and Cream. Sounds good to me! My sourpuss was smiling. I told his teacher he was upset about missing school and she laughed, reminding him how great a student he his and that they do no meaningful work the week of Thanksgiving. Good to hear from a teacher, right?? But it was what Chris needed.

About that time another teacher, Ricky's former 5th grade teacher came down the hall and heard us talking. She's also a friend of mine and will more than likely have Chris in her class next year. His current teacher told this one about Chris's hesitation to go away in Nov. due to missing those 1.5 days and she was like "WHAT?? Why don't you want to go?? You'll miss nothing those days and everyone will wish they were you!"

And with that, he turned to me and said, "Fine, we can go. But I only decided I'll go because my teacher told me to".

Whatever gets you there, kid! Later that day his teacher texted me that during snack he was asking her questions about the Beach Club so I knew we were solid.

Until that evening when I got an email back from "our guy"..........

Last edited:
I cant wait to read about how this goes for you! Ill be in the world Oct 30-Nov 10th so a few weeks ahead of you. If your boys are excited about beaches and cream, have you ever done the kitchen sink? I think its like $25 but its so many flavors of ice cream and toppings and a whole can of whip cream (A WHOLE CAN!!).
a5795aa5827421e765ba9f2f8228adc5.jpg

Theres also a smaller version I think it's a few dollars cheaper. They also sell this one in MK (and is a little cheaper in the park vs B&C)
Mickey-Kitchen-Sink-Sundae.jpg

Just make sure you make a reservation for B&C as it is not very big inside.

I cant wait to read about how this goes for you! Ill be in the world Oct 30-Nov 10th so a few weeks ahead of you. If your boys are excited about beaches and cream, have you ever done the kitchen sink? I think its like $25 but its so many flavors of ice cream and toppings and a whole can of whip cream (A WHOLE CAN!!).
Hello there! We've actually been to Beaches and Cream twice but have never gotten the kitchen sink. The 2nd time we didn't even get ice cream because I was sick :crazy2: But my kids love when someone in the restaurant orders it and they do the lights and stuff so you know it was ordered, and I've promised them it'll be ours next time!
I love the kids eyes in the picture you posted lol.

Of course being able to take home the empty Mickey pants would be neat, so we may have to get the smaller version too :scratchin

Hi! Found your trip report even without the link. :yay:

Sounds like you have things well in hand. Would love to see more pictures of CSR. We have never stayed there and the courtyard picture above makes it looks very relaxing.

Bottom line #2: I'm not slighting myself 2 whole park days so you can play dodgeball or whatever for 40 minutes in a school gym! Take a jog around our resort and call it P.E. buddy, we're flying out Saturday. Hence the change in dates :thumbsup2

You made me laugh when I saw this, loved the jogging around the resort part. Sometimes working around the kids schedule is the hardest part about scheduling vacation.

Can't wait to hear more!

Hi! Found your trip report even without the link. :yay:
Yay, thanks for searching! And Steve helped me get the link to work so I'm all set :thumbsup2

Would love to see more pictures of CSR. We have never stayed there and the courtyard picture above makes it looks very relaxing.
I may be able to find a few more :scratchin That's the Casitas courtyard, which was the section we stayed in. Many people like Cabanas section better and that's where the "preferred" rooms are. It's a tad closer to the main building but Casitas was such a short walk, and only about a 10 minute walk to the main pool which really wasn't bad at all. And each section has it's own bus stop and quiet pool. I really don't think you can go wrong at CSR! If we end up there for our last 3 nights I'll be totally OK.
Sometimes working around the kids schedule is the hardest part about scheduling vacation.
::yes:: And Chris is such a party pooper in general about vacations.....I know I make him sound like a miserable child and he's really not! He's adorable and funny, just very opinionated and stubborn-must get that from his dad :rolleyes1 So when he complains about not wanting to miss school, even though I know it's not because he has trouble making work up but rather just doesn't like to miss anything, and on top of that knowing when we get back he'll jump right in as though he was never gone, it's hard to agree to working around that. As opposed to honors classes, if anybody cared about those!

Weekend Fun!

So a week ago I thought we were set with our Beach Club reservation, with the exception of Thanksgiving night. And since we didn't want to switch resorts twice, we'd either keep CSR for the last 2 nights or do a split at another DVC resort, depending on what was available at our rental guy's 7 month mark.

But then last Friday night I got an email from David, the guy we've rented from our last couple trips. He had made a mistake and didn't have enough BCV points to make our reservation!!! UGH! So 1. we were NOT booked as I thought we were and 2. he couldn't do anything for us until April 19th, his 7-month window. Crap!

We resigned ourselves to the idea that we'd be at Coronado for our whole trip; not a bad thing, but we were looking forward to a deluxe stay again which is REALLY more affordable when renting points. I texted Chris's teacher to let her know we wouldn't be at her favorite resort and - pixie dust! - Saturday morning she texted me that her SIL had a friend with BC points to rent! Downside was that in 2 days time we'd lost the night of the 23rd. So as of now our reservation looks like this:

STUDIO, BCV, 11/19-11/23 :thumbsup2
We're just happy we're definitely staying at Beach Club! Her SIL checked all other resorts and as of last Saturday, the Poly had full availability for our week but we didn't want to give up BC for it. What we're hoping is that, come 4/23 (her 7 month window), there's a Poly studio still available for 11/23-11/26 and we'll take that for our last 3 nights. That way Chris would end up with his Murphy bed for our whole stay.

So that was our Saturday! I felt much better after our reservation showed up in MDE. Next up was booking flights Sunday when JetBlue released all of November. They were supposed to release at noon but the website was all messed up, so it was closer to 2 before we could see what it looked like. HOLY MOLY were their prices crazy! Luckily we ended up only paying about $400 more total than we did last year; Steve thought it'd be much worse.

So right now our itinerary looks like this:

DATES: 11/19-11/26
FLIGHT DOWN: leave Westchester 6:15 a.m., arrive MCO 9:30
RESORT: BVC 4 nights; CSR 3 nights
FLIGHT HOME: leave MCO 9:00p.m., arrive Westchester 11:29

The boys aren't thrilled to be leaving so early on the way down lol since they're NOT early risers, but I'm psyched! It's been awhile since we've arrived down there so early. The airport is 45 mins. away so we'll leave about 4:15. Getting in late on the 26th isn't a big deal either, since it's a Saturday everyone can rest on Sunday. The main thing is, we can do parks on arrival AND departure days!!!!

Going from a deluxe to a mod isn't ideal either but it certainly isn't the end of the world. Fingers crossed! I know we can't be the only ones out there waiting for their booking period to open looking for the Poly; I'm surprised as it is that it was available last week. Just gives me another "Disney to do" date to put on the calendar!

So right now our itinerary looks like this:

DATES: 11/19-11/26
FLIGHT DOWN: leave Westchester 6:15 a.m., arrive MCO 9:30
RESORT: BVC 4 nights; CSR 3 nights
FLIGHT HOME: leave MCO 9:00p.m., arrive Westchester 11:29

The boys aren't thrilled to be leaving so early on the way down lol since they're NOT early risers, but I'm psyched! It's been awhile since we've arrived down there so early. The airport is 45 mins. away so we'll leave about 4:15. Getting in late on the 26th isn't a big deal either, since it's a Saturday everyone can rest on Sunday. The main thing is, we can do parks on arrival AND departure days!!!!

Going from a deluxe to a mod isn't ideal either but it certainly isn't the end of the world. Fingers crossed! I know we can't be the only ones out there waiting for their booking period to open looking for the Poly; I'm surprised as it is that it was available last week. Just gives me another "Disney to do" date to put on the calendar!

Well, I am very happy to hear that things worked out for your trip!!:cheer2: You are brave for the 4:15am departure from the house time. I would be nervous about getting everyone out the door on time, however you shouldn't run into a lot of traffic? I think your plan for your departure day allows you to do your favorite things or something you think you missed (plus it will be a lucky day because it's my b-day too:laughing:).

Having a "Disney to do" always is something to look forward to, at least for me. Helps my day go faster. I will keep my fingers crossed the booking period for you. Can't wait to hear more about your plans.

Joining in!! So excited to read all about your planning!
except for when I'm in Disney I'm still an indoors person unless I'm sitting outside on someones deck with a nice cold (alcoholic) drink in front of me on a nice day.
LOL this is SO me!! That is about the only thing I want to be doing outdoors also! :rotfl: It sounds like your boys keep you on your toes as much as mine do, but they are oh so fun to take along to WDW - creates the most amazing memories!

Hello!

We will be there around the same time so I am following along! We leave on Nov 13 and are doing split stays. We come home on the 25 th of Nov! I am finishing my 7 month window booking today! We are doing a split stay... We enjoy moving around and a change of scenery! I would have loves to get the 13 and 14 at BCV but only 1 night is available :( My DH is not a fan of staying 1 night and moving so as it stands today we will stay in a 2 bedroom at AKV then move to the BCV! My kids each like their own bed too! But this year someone will have to bunk with grandma as she is coming too!

You are brave for the 4:15am departure from the house time. I would be nervous about getting everyone out the door on time, however you shouldn't run into a lot of traffic?
I'll definitely be nervous, but I'll just make sure to be noisy and slam some doors while I'm getting ready. That'll wake them up! And maybe I'll threaten a little the night before ;) But no we shouldn't hit traffic. We do have to take 2 major highways but at that time on a Sat. we should be good.
I think your plan for your departure day allows you to do your favorite things or something you think you missed
We never did a park on our departure day until our May trip in 2013 - and we loved it! Like you said it gave us a chance to do favorites again and catch things we missed. In that case, it was Christopher (and me) meeting Rapunzel for the first time princess: She was somewhat new in the parks and all week he said he didn't want to meet her; we walked into MK our last morning, had 4.5 hours, and right away he turns to me and says, "I do want to meet Rapunzel, I DO!!"
(plus it will be a lucky day because it's my b-day too:laughing:).
Ah :) I'll have to remember and come here to say Happy Birthday!

Joining in!! So excited to read all about your planning!
:welcome: and thank you for coming over!
LOL this is SO me!! That is about the only thing I want to be doing outdoors also!
It's too bad our trips don't overlap even one day. We could run away from our baseball team of boys and have a :drinking1in World Showcase!
It sounds like your boys keep you on your toes as much as mine do, but they are oh so fun to take along to WDW - creates the most amazing memories!
:thumbsup2 The only difference, since two of mine are stepsons, is that I didn't have 3 small ones running around at the same time like you do. And I tip my hat to you! My oldest are 27 and 24 now but they both live within 15 minutes of us and are very close to their dad, their brothers and, I'm happy and lucky to say, to me :love: In fact they are here every Sunday, quite often once or twice during the week and choose to spend every holiday with us which I LOVE. When they were younger and my 2 were younger, and all 4 were here.......Whew! The house was crazy! I always thought I'd have a houseful of girls, but as I'm sure you'd agree with boys are a lot more fun than I thought before I had them ::yes::

Hello and :welcome:
We will be there around the same time so I am following along! We leave on Nov 13 and are doing split stays. We come home on the 25 th of Nov! I am finishing my 7 month window booking today! We are doing a split stay... We enjoy moving around and a change of scenery! I would have loves to get the 13 and 14 at BCV but only 1 night is available :( My DH is not a fan of staying 1 night and moving so as it stands today we will stay in a 2 bedroom at AKV then move to the BCV! My kids each like their own bed too! But this year someone will have to bunk with grandma as she is coming too!
Wow, what a nice long stay! I totally understand how your DH feels about staying one night and then moving, we wouldn't want to do that, either. While we don't feel split stays are a pain, packing and unpacking for just one night would be! So will you be at BCV the 15th-25th? That would be awesome if we're there the same time!
And have you stayed at AKV before? OMG Steve and I LOVED it there. I SO wish they had the Murphy bed in the studio :( Maybe if the nights we're missing at Beach Club don't open, and a 1 bdrm is available for our last 3 nights at AKV I can talk Steve into that lol.

Hi..

No we will only be at the BCV from Nov. 15 - 19/16... then over to BWV! So not too far away, we like the EPCOT resorts. Yes, we have stayed at AKV before. We like it there too but my DH finds it a little far out but the rooms are beautiful! We prefer Kidani, having stayed at both. AKV does not have a murphy bed but some rooms have a sleeper chair which works for my DS. The pool at Kidani has a wonderful splash area. We hope our waitlist happens as the family would much prefer there over OKW... but they do like to have their own sleep place so I will remind them :)

DON'T CALL ME LADY TREMAINE!

Well, after following fellow mom-to-all-boys Shannon R's PTR and having her so kindly follow mine, I realized I have yet to mention my two wonderful stepsons and I feel horrible! I did mention them in one of my TR's, but I should really introduce them here. While they aren't coming with us, my oldest stepson almost always drives us to the airport for our Disney trips and agreed to do so again, at the bright and early hour of 4:15 a.m. :sunny:

So without further ado, I give you my FOUR boys: Christopher, Ricky, Jason (currently 27) with the tie on and Eric (currently 24)
This picture is from Christopher's communion in 2014 so they were all a little younger, but I love it :love: From the time my 2 were born, my stepsons, whom I regularly simply refer to as "my older 2" have accepted and been close to their younger brothers. They both live within 15 minutes of us and we see them a couple times a week. I've been in the picture since Jason was 9 and Eric was 6 and we're all close. They've also chosen to spend every holiday with us since the decision has been theirs to make, which I have to admit makes me feel.........awesome :p

Here's a funny one of the boys trying out Ricky's "basket case" head-basketball game at Christmas a couple years ago (just don't mind the chaos in the background, we have 20+ people over on any given holiday) Jay is wearing the basket lol
Last year on Mother's Day, Jason proposed to his girlfriend Candace. I know Mother's Day seems like a weird day to do it, but it was Candace's dad's birthday and he passed away when she was 17 and I guess she'd told Jason she'd like him to do it on a "special" day. We love Candace and more importantly, there's another female joining the family :cheer2: Here's a recent picture of them

And let me not forget my oldest-middle child Eric; here's a picture of him with his younger brothers from our Easter Hibachi dinner last month

And there you have my FULL family :grouphug: I would love to take them all to Disney with us and believe me, I've tried! Candace has never been and is dying to go, but it's hard for her and Jason with their work schedules and she doesn't want to leave her family around the holidays. Eric is afraid to fly :confused3 and when we took all 4 boys in 2007 it wasn't fun for any of us on the planes. One day I'll get them all there.......I keep telling Jay and Steve that Candace and I are taking a Girl's trip in the near future!

I just saw that you have your own PTR going! Happy to be following along! And I agree, beautiful family. Looking forward to seeing your plans continue to develop. I've been interested in what it's like for someone planning a holiday time trip.

I just had to remind him we once again wouldn't have to host 25 of our closest relatives for the holiday, and then add a little guilt over being sick last Thanksgiving.
Yay for using whatever it takes to get to Disney for Thanksgiving again! I am wishing you and your stomach better luck this trip!

I love your PTR title! I am looking forward to seeing your plans develop. Someday I will plan my trips far enough in advance to rent DVC points and write a full PTR but until then I will be taking notes from yours.

What a beautiful family! Hope that family trip is sooner than later!
Thank you :hug: I think they're pretty special. Eventually I'll get them all down there even if I have to heavily drug Eric lol!

I just saw that you have your own PTR going! Happy to be following along! And I agree, beautiful family. Looking forward to seeing your plans continue to develop. I've been interested in what it's like for someone planning a holiday time trip.
Thank you too for the compliment, and :welcome: I'm glad you came over! It's definitely a bit different planning during the holiday, and I learned a couple things from doing it last year.

Yay for using whatever it takes to get to Disney for Thanksgiving again! I am wishing you and your stomach better luck this trip!
Hello there :wave2: glad you're here! Oh man, I am going to try not to have that stupid bug in the back of my head the whole time
:crazy2: and just forget that it can even happen lol! Thanks for the good wishes :)

I love your PTR title! I am looking forward to seeing your plans develop. Someday I will plan my trips far enough in advance to rent DVC points and write a full PTR but until then I will be taking notes from yours.
It was so funny when he said that, he's such a little sarcastic booger :P He complains and complains about missing a little bit of schoolwork and the flights, and then has a ton of fun when we get there.
You're lucky you can plan your trips NOT far in advance! Enjoy it; once you're working around school schedules and a spouse's work schedule it becomes much more challenging and not as exciting as going on the fly ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!