I love that my "Disney kid"....

My oldest:

She still loves the princesses at 10 years-old when a lot of girls don’t care for them after the age of 6 (particularly nice since she didn’t get to WDW until she was 7). I have some amazing pictures of her from last year at age 9 twirling with Belle in Town Square Theater. I'm so sad they moved her from there.

She loves Disney and her little brother enough to not only sit through the Disney Jr. show at DHS and eat at the Disney Jr. Meal at Hollywood and Vine, but also dance during the show and volunteer to dance to the Sharky and Bones song during the meal to help the small children feel more comfortable.

My youngest:

Watches rides and parades on youtube with me

This same child for whom they recommended speech therapy because he wasn’t putting enough words together was able to almost single handedly convince me to take them back this year when I had it in my head to go to the beach. His sister just tugged on my arm and said, “Please take us back to Disney.” He says: “Oh mommy, it is so beautiful there. I can’t wait to go back to play. I can’t wait to go back to see Mickey. Can we go back? Can we go back to see Mickey, pleeeeeaaassseee?” :lovestruc

As you can see by my ticker, I caved.:rotfl:

Watches "Illuminations" videos on you tube:)

My dd(6) has a hand me down i phone. It brings such a smile to my face that she will watch and listen to the entire "Illuminations; reflections of Earth". As i type this I can hear her saying to her 3 year old brother, "Listen, this is the best part!!"

What do your little mouseketeers do that make your Disney hearts melt?

-Kelly:)

DD10 listens to Disney music at every opportunity. She dances and puts it on the stereo and will dance around the kitchen for hours. Last week I caught her watching the new planning CD as well.

She keeps asking when we are going back.....shhhh! Don't tell her, but an August trip is already booked and paid for.:thumbsup2

We have APs, so my 2 year old nephew has been a lot. He likes to say "watch monorail?" or "watch tram?," and then we have to pull up the youtube videos for him.

All 3 of my boys talk about Disney all the time, but I think DS2 has really been bitten by the bug! A few weeks ago on the way home he said, very seriously, "Mommy, can I go to Disney World?" Last night at DS6's lacrosse practice, DS2 was playing in the grass then suddenly broke out into a song and dance "We going to Disney World! We going to Disney World! I'm gonna see Dumbo!" We just went in January, but it feels like so long ago! Time to plan the next trip!!

At 15, WDW is still his first vacation choice,
he is still willing to do character meet & greets,
still has a big hug for Eeyore at our traditional last morning CP breakfast,
has his two display boards with pins in a place of honor in his room,
and enjoys drinking his morning milk or tea out of a mug from WDW.

When we go next month, he's hoping he's not the tallest one in the line to meet P & F....:thumbsup2

im an only child and im 24 and i still go with my parents at least once a year to disney. its my favorite place in the world to go and i love being there with my parents. we listen to reedy creek radio all the time and watch the youtube videos constantly and are always looking to make sure we are doing everything we want for our trip.

My 22 year old son still wants to watch Disney movies on our family movie night, particularly Aladin, his favourite!

He also will burst into song out of nowhere with some of the Disney movie themes.

And he has been known to banter back and forth with quotes from Disney animated movies with some of his work colleagues to the point of taking the prize for having the most lines memorized.

He really was - and is - a Disney kid! :thumbsup2

When we get into the car on our trips to Dallas (5 hours at least 3 times a month) my youngest son will use my phone (synced with car) and look up disney ride,area loops, and queues from rides...and he makes me guess where it is :)

When my middle DS 7 gets a choice on what to watch on Netflix, he usually pulls up travel shows about WDW and DL. And he loves to look at pictures of Disney food with me on the boards. My oldest DS 11 sometimes runs around singing "it's a small world." and the youngest DS 7 always asks "will this make me grow" about his vegetables so that he can ride all of the 40" rides! He also frequently states "I want to go to Disneyland tomorrow!" and his birthday cake was dumbo! All of them find hidden mickeys everywhere. Too funny!

My almost 2 year old is completely star struck by the characters in the park. Especially Pooh & Tigger. It's so sweet! :)

DD(7, but still 6 then) got a big white posterboard and drew me a map of EPCOT for my birthday. She labeled the countries in WS and the rides in future world. She had everything in the right place. She drew our family in the corner, too.

DD(7, but still 6 then) got a big white posterboard and drew me a map of EPCOT for my birthday. She labeled the countries in WS and the rides in future world. She had everything in the right place. She drew our family in the corner, too.

THAT is a priceless work of art that I would keep forever and ever!! pixiedust:

My non-verbal, 5YO autistic son comes absolutely ALIVE when he sees Mickey. No one and nothing makes him change from a melt-down to pure glee than the Big Cheese! And I swear, he found this love all on his own!!!! :cloud9: We had a terrible time at the MNSSHP last fall and had to leave early becuase he couldn't deal w/ it but dang nab-it, I was going to have him meet Mickey on the way out. So in we went, the line wasn't long thankfully, but he was in full melt-down mode. As soon as we came around the corner and saw the Big Cheese, the crying stopped, tears... stopped and he put on a Mickey hat (something that he NEVER EVER has done...before or since) and had the most magical interaction. That's us in the photo below right after that moment. Disney is paradise! Mickey means the world to him. He had surgury today and w/o knowing what eh was going "bye-bye" for, he scooped up his stuffed Mickey (one of many, but this one is most "loved" as his pants now sag around his shoes :rolleyes1 ) and it was the one thing that brought him the most comfort at the hospital.

im an only child and im 24 and i still go with my parents at least once a year to disney. its my favorite place in the world to go and i love being there with my parents. we listen to reedy creek radio all the time and watch the youtube videos constantly and are always looking to make sure we are doing everything we want for our trip.

I LOVE to hear this! I have 2 boys, but my oldest just turned 13, and given we can only go every 2 years, I was fretting that we had probably only 2 more trips w/ him.: :( He said "Why mom??? I'll ALWAYS want to go!" You give me hope that will be the case. :goodvibes

I've had my DD to WDW about a dozen times. Now at 19 she just went on her first trip with friends (no parents). A day or two before she left she sat down with me with her computer and showed me her spreadsheet with park hours, fireworks show times, etc and asked me to help her with her touring plan. I wasn't sure to laugh or cry that she's turned into an uber-planner just like her mom! :)

She just got back and they had a blast!

Love that my son sees Hidden Mickeys everywhere and points them out. Also love that my kids begin conversations with, "Next time we are at Disney..." Tells me that they still want to go and haven't gotten tired of it yet. :thumbsup2

Our son has been to Disney about 15 times, was raised wathtching and reading Disney stuff. On our last trip in March he came with us after a 2 years break. He is now 19, I thought he would have lost his Disney interest... No way, like always he sung all the songs in the rides, took characters pictures (even with Ariel), interacted with them, wathched Whishes like he never seen it before. Continuously includes lines from Disney movies in our conversations. In his room, he has Disney stuff that he keeps in the original boxes. He even bought a long sleeves Buzz vest, let me tell you that here in Quebec, mothers of young children stops him to ask him where he got that!!! Our16 DD loves Disny but not the same.

In conclusion I love that our son has the Disney magical spirit;)

1990 to 1992 Off site
1994 and 1995 Off site
1998 and 1999 Off site
2000 to 2003 All star Sports
2004 to 2011 Pop Century
2012 The World was great again (Pop Century) without the kids for the 1st time
March 2013 Disneymoon with the kids

1362207649.jpg

my 3 yo son asks to watch parades on youtube too.....but the funny thing is he renamed our cat to TOOTHLESS because he loves to watch how to train your dragon....and our cat is big dark gray with green eyes its funny to see peoples reaction when they know he is calling to cat toothless..lol:lmao:

We just came back from our 6th extended family trip to BWV.

What do I love about my Disney kids? That at 20 and 21 they still want to come along. We've taken 4 trips since they became teeanagers and each time I thought it may be the last with them for a while.

They've already asked when the next trip is.

I loved that.

I'm fourteen, and today I wore a Little Mermaid shirt. I listen to Disney music all of the time on Pandora, I watch rides videos, the travel planning DVDs, and I "fan girl" when I see characters at the parks. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter