I LOVE DCL BUT . . . (venting)

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Mom24Princesses, Mar 9, 2013.

1. MND

MND DIS Veteran

Go on a Carnival cruise then, no need to feel sad or apologize. And why would anyone here boo you? :confused3 Your children seem to be at the age where Carnival may be a better fit for them, plus you'll be saving a bunch of cash. I've never been on a Carnival cruise, but I have friends that have, and their reports are positive. I hope you have a great time. :thumbsup2

Mike

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Lisavince3

Lisavince3 Mouseketeer

It has been a "dream" of my mom's to have our whole family go on a Disney cruise together. However, my 2 sisters, 2 of my BILs and I work in schools, with varying breaks and starting and ending dates. We basically could only go mid-June to mid-August, winter break or spring break. I cant believe how much higher the prices are during those times and I don't foresee it ever happening. I know we could look at other cruise lines, but she has her heart set on DCL :sad1:

4. bceagle76

bceagle76 Mouseketeer

My older children still like the disney cruise.
    But the only way I can afford is using my DVC points I know it may not be the best use of DVC points but we can two cruises evry 3 years
    in prime time if had to laid out 7000-10000 a cruise i could nt do it

5. JimGA

JimGA DIS Veteran

The one thing that seperates DCL from other cruise lines is that DCL has a new set of "fans" being born everyday. It is just like the Parks, new kids everyday are wanting to go to Disney. So Disneys target market is always there, new paarents with young kids.

Of course DCL has the empty nesters and such. Unlike other cruise lines that have to always compete with other lines, DCL always has that target audience constantly coming of age. DCL does not have to compete, yet, as far as price goes.

6. camarks1234

camarks1234 Mouseketeer

I feel your pain - we are in the same boat (pun intended) :) We would LOVE to cruise with DCL again but with our kids being in middle and high school now there is no way of taking them out for a week for vacay. So we would have to cruise at the higher price points and just can't swing it.

We have been considering other cruise lines as well. :( Plus our oldest will be 18 in Sept. and I think there is a serious age gap in entertainment on DCL for that age. They can't be in the teen club and they aren't adults yet.

7. Mom24Princesses

Mom24Princesses DIS Veteran

That's just it though - we are a CRAZY Disney Family. The older 2 DDs would love to go with us, their schedules and the cost is what would prevent it. DH takes his 8th grade band EVERY YEAR WDW. He would NEVER consider Universal. The fact that the girls are older doesn't help.

The older DDs were 16++ and 14++ on our last cruise and they loved every second of it. It was SB and there were a lot of teens (400+ I recall!). They made friends with 2 sisters,16 & 14 from Louisville and 2 from Seattle also 14 and 16 and lived together for the week. I think that is what DD#3 wants to experience. I did feel VERY safe with them together on DCL. I would not feel the same way on CCL! If we do the CCL they will have a very short leash!!:scared:

AGAIN - Thank you all. I did not expect so much support and I knew you all could relate!!

I looked hard at the 4 night with DCL and that is still too much money for basically 3.5 days -about a K per day while the CCL would be $400 per day! Not much for us to think about I guess. Still a little sad:sad2:.

8. manateesmom

manateesmom Mouseketeer

The RCCL Freedom of the Seas sails out of PC last I checked, and has two Flowriders, a rock wall and an ice skating rink, all of which are huge with teens. Any cruise line will be packed with teens during spring break, no worries that she won't make friends.

9. Lollipop's Mom

Lollipop's Mom <font color=teal>Special trip with your little one

Love DCL but this next fantasy cruise will be the last Disney for a while. I'm bored of the wonder and magic. Same shows, same entertainment, same ports. Bored!
    Fantasy is new to us, going to love every minute of it, but after that, same shows, etc

I plan on the oasis or allure for march 2014. They look incredible. Have to switch it up or it's the same vaca every year.
    I want to explore many places. I couldn't vaca in wdw or DL every year. Once every 4-5 is good for me. I want to go to aulani, I want to spend a week exploring NYC (never been) and a few other places as well!
    Love DCL but its good to experience other things in life!