I LOVE Comedians with Guitars......You didn't tell me that part...

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports' started by jenseib, Oct 3, 2012.

1. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

I would love to do any cruise. I have to see how it all works, but my Mother is putting the pressure on me that she wants to sail Alaska. She has mentioned it more than once now. I think it will depend on rates and maybe waiting till next summer.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Woth2982

Woth2982 DIS Veteran

I was on the Destiny in May, quite possibly one of the worst ships EVER! You could smell the garbage, the AC in my friends room was broken, I am pretty sure the carpet was older than me. I think the distillation system was not working either, my ankles swelled so badly and that did not happen on my 8 day NCL cruise, I was only on the destiny for 4 days. I was on a chartered cruise so I had no choice, but I will never sail Carnival again on my own free will.

4. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

LOL And the Carnival Dream is having issues today and that ship is fairly new.

5. mickeystoontown

mickeystoontown DIS Veteran

During my lunch hour, I read that they are not leaving port and will be flying everybody back to Florida.

6. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

Yes, I read that too. I am wondering with all these Carnival issues, if it will now be mandatory to have a passport for cruising soon.

7. mickeystoontown

I wondered that as well. I also wondered two other things: 1) will it possibly make the price of cruising go down because everybody will be scared to cruise; or, 2) will it make the other cruise lines prices go up because nobody wants to book with Carnival.

8. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

Probably number 2. Sadly

9. mickeystoontown

That's what I'm worried about. I've been watching the Disney cruise prices for 2014 and, so far, they haven't changed.

10. Majordis

Majordis Mouseketeer

Hi Jen,

I really love your trip reports!! Coming out of lurkdom to tell you I bought those crocs in February at Mouse Gear in Epcot. They are very comfortable

11. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

yeah, those won't go down, but as it gets closer they may offer a special like kids sail free or something along those lines or a guarantee rate. Disney prety much never goes down for the regular rates though.

I am so jealous. I just hate my big giant feet!

12. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

This morning on the news they mentioned another Carnival Ship having issues too. The Legend. This one is making it's way back to port though. UGH

13. mickeystoontown

I saw that too. There's no way in the world that I'd cruise with Carnival!:scared:

14. luvslikepi

luvslikepi DIS Veteran

I've cruised with Carnival twice and never experienced any issues but this is downright ridiculous. I think they're going to start having some serious financial difficulties if they don't revamp.

15. mickeystoontown

When we first started talking about cruising, I priced out the Carnival cruises and they were a lot cheaper. Now I see why...doesn't sound like they are putting any money into maintaining their ships.

16. Beth D

Beth D DIS Veteran

I finally made it back for the end! How crazy was that debarking? I've never seen a pic with all the people crammed into the hall like that.

Oh well, in hindsight now, at least you weren't on the other ship in port! :rolleyes1

We booked for 2014 back in January, and prices haven't budged at all (either up or down).

17. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

How was your trip?

It was a bit crazy and I was glad I didn't have to get off early and worry about my flight.

18. Kathy Jetson

Kathy Jetson DIS Veteran

I finally finished your tr!!!!!!! I was still back at the Mayan Ruins:laughing:

I was so far behind I'm just hearing about Skips trip back to the hospital. Is he better now and listening to his doctors?

The tours and class you did sound like fun! Too bad they couldn't give you a little brochure about the ship tour so you could remember everything they talked about.

I loved the TR and seeing everything you did. Now I just have to catch up on your other one:surfweb:

19. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

YAY!

Skip had his hip surgery, then his infections surgery and now Wed. he is supposed to have a skin graft surgery. I am so sick of all this now. And I am sick and he is being the biggest jerk and blaming me. Um, I didn't go out in a barn with an open wound and get it infected.

I should've had a little tape recorder with me to get the highlights. :rotfl:

20. JKSWonder

JKSWonder Twelve plus trips and counting

Stinks! :(

21. mickeystoontown

I hate that he's having to go through all of this. Men say that we are stubborn but they are just as stubborn....for example, someone who just had hip replacement surgery hanging out in dirty stinky barns. :rotfl:

Actually, the tape recording ain't a bad idea. Do you know how many cases we have won with tape recordings? Tons!