I LOVE Comedians with Guitars......You didn't tell me that part...

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports' started by jenseib, Oct 3, 2012.

1. disneyfan19712006

disneyfan19712006 DIS Veteran

I am sleeping on their bamboo sheets right now. Super soft and cool. I got mine in Cozumel with a free shipping card and 10%off. Two years later I can say it was money well spent.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. dolphingirl47

dolphingirl47 In Search of the Tag Fairy

I would have loved to see the church with a Mayan temple next to it. What a shame that you were not able to get a photo of both of them together. I love the look of the church though. What a shame about the smell. I so love the turquoise water in the Caribbean.

Corinna

4. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

Yes, he thinks he is so funny when he does stuff like that.
    I believe if you have trip insurance you can file a clain if you use the Dr and get that reimbursed in most cases, but they charge you before you even walk in the door pretty much.

:thumbsup2

OOOH NICE!

It was really hard to get because there were a lot of trees and it was up on this little hill. Plus if you went down the steps to try, you got this awning in the way.

5. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

We headed back to the room and took our showers and got ready for the evening. I also spent some time out on the balcony. I just LOVE the balcony. I don’t know if I could go back to an inside room after having one 3 times now. They are just wonderful!

There had been a Carnival ship in port at Cozumel as well, but further down at a different pier. We left about the same time and we could see it almost the whole way back to Galveston.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I played around and took some different pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I can never get enough of the blue water.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Soon it was time to head up to Palo.
    We were the first to arrive. We decided we wanted to take a picture of each of us by the sign, but a server from Palo came out and took one of both of us together.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We stepped outside while we waited for the other girls, but it was REALLY windy up there so we headed back inside.

[​IMG]

They told us we could have a seat at the bar and wait for the other girls. So we did just that.
    We got a pose of one of the servers as I lifted my camera.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We felt obligated to order a drink while we waited. I just felt like it would be rude to sit there and not order anything. Soon the other girls (Brook, Carolyn, Shelly, and Susan) arrived and not long after that we were taken to our table.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I basically got a lot of not so good pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And our drinks. I believe Lisa had a mudslide.

[​IMG]

I had an amaretto sour.

[​IMG]

6. dizneeat

dizneeat DIS Veteran

I am so sorry, Jen, but I basically always post the same .....

I LOVE YOUR PICS!! They bring back so many happy memories (even though my memories are from the Wonder ;))

7. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

you are so funny. But thanks

8. chasshan

chasshan calgirl6

Hi,

I've been enjoying reading your thread Jen. I think I've read all or most of your previous reports but usually just read and don't post. I think they call that "lurking"?

Anyway I'm just to this post on this thread(but up to date on your other one), but think I'll get caught up today as I'm sick in bed....ugh.

I totally agree, JKSWONDER, people with the ipads trying to record in front of others, especially kids....so rude!
    But I thought I'd share a sweet story to remind us all that there are kind and considerate people out there too. We were in Disneyland in December 2012.
    I was there with my 7 kids and 23 other family members. One night I ended up at World of Color with just my two 5 year olds, and despite getting the fast passes early in the day we ended up in a terrible viewing spot, the worst I've had in the 4 times I've viewed WOC. And to make it worse, we were at the back of this terrible spot so had no clear view, especially the kids. As the show started, I was doing my best to take turns holding up my kids, letting them rest some of their body weight on the handlebar of the stroller, but that was very awkward and quickly taking it's toll on my neck and back. And to make it worst, I discovered that my son had wet his pants. He was wearing jeans and they were already nearly dry, but did smell a bit. 5 minutes into the show a gentleman standing a few people/rows ahead of us, who I hadn't even noticed, made his way back to me and asked if I'd like him to hold my son so he could see. I could tell immediately that this was a good guy. He had to have been pushing 60 or 65 years old and had a sweet wife with him. I thanked him and said," that is so thoughtful, but he is rather heavy and must have wet his pants an hour or so ago...he's a little damp and smelly". This guy didn't hesitate to say...." Oh that won't bother me, I'm a dad and a grandpa.....and used to kids." Well for my son's sake, I did take him up on his generous offer. And to see the look on my son's face(he was seeing this for the first time and in fact was at DR for the first time as he is a foster son and I am adopting him), was priceless...and magical. I could see towards the end the gentleman was shifting his weight and probably getting tired....oh I forgot to mention he actually put him up on his shoulders, both legs around his neck, pee pants and all. I was trying hard to fight off the tears as this was our first vacation without my husband who had passed away in June. It just reminded me that if he was with us, he would have been holding our son on his shoulders. But the kindness of this stranger and the joy it brought my son kept the tears at bay. And, his kindness was catching because a second man asked me if I'd like him to hold my daughter....who weighs about 10lbs less than her brother. I graciously turned him down because she is pretty shy with strangers and most likely would have screamed if I'd tried to hand her over.
    I will never forget that man's generosity and the joy he brought to us that night.
    Shanna
    Going back to catch up with this thread....love all the pics!

9. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

Welcome! And that is such a sweet story! :lovestruc

10. vleeth

vleeth I heart Disney

I don't ever plan on having a balcony because I know I won't want to go back.

11. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

I am going to admit it. I am now a veranda snob! :snooty:

12. rndmr2

rndmr2 DIS Veteran

Awesome pics of that beach! I definitely wouldn't have wanted to swim there, though! Wow! It looked rough and rocky, but makes for some beautiful pics and I imagine heavenly just to be there. You really lucked out with that tour, it seemed like a really great one.

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your meal at Palo.

13. chasshan

chasshan calgirl6

All caught up now, and really enjoying it.
    Glad you liked our WOC story.

We've only cruised once; Mexican Riviera Dec. 2011.
    We had the balcony and loved it! Because we are usually needing to put 4 or 5 people to a room, we will most likely always book balcony rooms.

Bees!!! I hope they never have that problem when I'm onboard. I can take spiders, bugs, and even snakes, but bees......for some reason they scare me.

Shanna

14. mickeystoontown

mickeystoontown DIS Veteran

Karin, I feel the same way. I sound like a broken record but the pictures are always so good and I don't know how better to express it.

15. esquirepd

esquirepd Earning My Ears

Thank you for all of this information!! Very useful stuff. I really appreciate your time in this!! Can't wait for our may cruise!!!

16. francis6306

francis6306 DIS Veteran

I am FINALLLY caught up!! I'm so sorry I fell so far behind!! But I loved all the updates!! It's so much fun tagging along on this cruise and your adventures!! :) I want to go on a cruise soooo badly… but I keep thinking that I might want to wait until the girls are a little older- but it would be SO MUCH FUN!!!! :confused3

17. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

Yeah. It mightve been a bit too rocky and wavey for a good, safe swim.

18. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

I just love the balcony. Its so nice to sit out and watch the water.

Thanks.

Your very welcome!

You would love it Christen!!!!!
    I am getting closer to the cruise portion on my other tr and you will see how my 3 year old niece loved it. Her 3 year old cousin did too. In fact he is cruising again in Sept.

19. Caretames1

Caretames1 Mom & Crazed Planner

Like a postcard!:thumbsup2

You'd think Skip knowing it's like a walkie-talkie would tone it down for the first couple of words until he knew he could say his sweet nothings...:lmao:

At least he missed ya! Kadence could care less on the phone with me too, but it's better than heartbreaking crying. ::yes::

I want to cruise someday, but until then I can feel like I had an extra close up view of one. You really have a great way of bring us along!

20. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

Thanks!

Yeah, his sweet nothings aren't always repeatable. :rotfl2:

Yes, I am glad Claire isn't one who cries over missing me every day. If that happened I would never be able to go again!

You do have to try cruising. We really enjoy it so much. Well Claire and I do. LOL And the gals I was with. Claire keeps saying we need to get Skip on a ship. I really think Claire is bit by the cruising bug too.

21. francis6306

francis6306 DIS Veteran

Well, May 2014 would make Catie just 3… Maybe a short one to just see how they could handle it! :thumbsup2 We'll see! We'd have to do WDW and a cruise though. Cortlyn couldn't go without a day at MK! Yup- I'm blaming her! :lmao: