I LOVE Comedians with Guitars......You didn't tell me that part...

I really enjoy the Sailaway Party more on the classic ships. Not a huge fan of the one on the DREAM.
Oh, and did I mention that I LOVE your pictures? :rotfl2:

I know, right? I feel like I'm saying that over and over again!

The sail away party does look very different than the one on the Dream, I seriously have to get down to Galveston for a cruise! It seems so stupid not to go when it is so close!

The sail away party looks exciting. I loved seeing all the characters come out. Even though I've never been on a cruise that horn gets me every time.:sad1: but happy tears!

It's just such a special horn, I think it can get to any good Disney fan.

I really enjoy the Sailaway Party more on the classic ships. Not a huge fan of the one on the DREAM.

It was a fun party, and like I said, I still haven't had a real "Dream" one yet. And guess what. Last I looked, rain is forcasted for the day we port the Dream.

Thanks. I took a lot this trip.

I know, right? I feel like I'm saying that over and over again!

The sail away party does look very different than the one on the Dream, I seriously have to get down to Galveston for a cruise! It seems so stupid not to go when it is so close!

Thanks
You should try and make it over there. I was very happy with the whole cruise and Galveston was a great port. Not PC great, but they did a good job with trying to learn Disney ways.

As we were about to sail away, Lisa said she was going to go inside because it was so hot. I told her I was just going to stand at the railing and watch us go. Well wait…She said she better not miss this too and she stood out there with me and we just had such a nice time watching us leave the real world.
I totally enjoyed it. If you read my trip report about our Dream Cruise, you know it rained that day ….very hard, and the sail away party was inside in the Atrium. It was also at a later time because the ship stayed late to let passengers who had flight delays because of the bad weather able to make the ship. (Ironically I had the same experience on the last NCL ship I sailed too) We left late and we didn’t start moving till it was time for us to go to the first show, which I did not want to miss, so all we saw from our balcony was us moving away from the dock.

Galveston1.jpg

galveston2.jpg

Lisa and I hung towards the back of the ship and we were practically alone back there.

dcllightposts.jpg

funnel.jpg

We were making news!

13newshelicopter.jpg

We first watched them untie us.

untying1.jpg

untying2.jpg

oilrig2.jpg

We did lots of waving!

galveston3.jpg

galveston4.jpg

galveston5.jpg

galveston6.jpg

And we blasted the horn once more if I remember right.

galveston7.jpg

galveston8.jpg

galveston9.jpg

galveston10.jpg

We did walk from side to side at times to take it all in.

galveston11.jpg

Lisa and I both grew up on farms and then married farmers, so we had to get a picture of all the tractors lined up.

galveston12.jpg

Lisa told me to be sure to get a picture with the John Deere’s and combines in it.

galveston13.jpg

While we were standing there, we noticed that the windows into Palo looked like a mirror and we easily each lost 20-30 pounds while looking at ourselves in them. We wish we could walk around with those reflecting our images all the time. It doesn’t take much to excite us.

galveston14.jpg

galveston15.jpg

galveston16.jpg

I was so amazed at how many ships we saw out at sea.

And I really liked this sail boat.

galveston17.jpg

galveston18.jpg

galveston19.jpg

And we then decided to head back to the room and relax a bit, get showers and get ready for the show.

We showered and just hung out and watched the world go by on our balcony.
I remembered to take a picture of the goodies inside of the bag.

clubgoodies.jpg

We then headed off to the show &.All Aboard, Let the Magic Begin.

This is the Disney Magic Performers&A.K.A. the cast that would be entertaining us at the main shows, and also a comedian, David Williamson and a Venquilotrist, Lynn Trefzger. The performers had a small storyline and then the other entertainment would come out.
I really enjoyed the show. I am at such a lost that we can no longer take pictures of the shows though. I love taking pictures of things like this, and I was soooo tempted, but I refrained. The Comedian was really funny and brought kids up on stage. The Venquilotrist was good, but she kind of over did her 2 things and it became a little too long.
We were happy to see the show and Lisa got her first taste of what a Disney show is like ......and she liked what she saw.

After the show we headed back to the room once again. We had a little time to kill.

Our beds had been turned down and we had a new friend & chocolates.

towelswan.jpg

towelswan2.jpg

Something about chocolate left on your bed make it tastes so much better. We ate them each morning ....breakfast of champions!

We had a little time to kill so we went down to the shops before heading to dinner.

shops16.jpg

shops17.jpg

shops18.jpg

I was happy to see a few Galveston related items.

I loved this hat. I was so tempted to buy it. I loved the look and color .....but I am not a hat person. I never wear them, they look horrid on me and my head must be weird shaped, because they never sit right on me.

shops19.jpg

We weren't inspired to buy anything, so we headed out and explored a bit more before dinner.

We saw Minnie out for a greet.

minnie1.jpg

I had a thing about trying to take the perfect chandelier picture. You will notice this is a theme for me. I did it on the Dream as well, and also of a few other items as well on that cruise.

chandelier4.jpg

We stopped and learned a little history about the Magic.

magicpicture.jpg

And we walked through Studio Sea since we hadn't yet looked at it. This is more the family type club.

studiosea1.jpg

studiosea2.jpg

studiosea3.jpg

It was close to 8:15 now so we headed towards dinner.

I had described the horn to Lisa ….I also told her that some of us “fans” sometimes tear up when we hear it …or at least get chills from it. I had her tape [/IMG][/URL]

We were on shore listening. I was doing a happy dance when I heard it for the very first time. My DH called me a dork. We went to show the kids the ship, which will be our home during Thanksgiving week.

So are the windows in Palo kinda like the mirror in Goofys Candy CO! :lmao:

I'm saddened by the no picture taking rule as well, I mean how the heck am I supposed to see it without your photos!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We were on shore listening. I was doing a happy dance when I heard it for the very first time. My DH called me a dork. We went to show the kids the ship, which will be our home during Thanksgiving week.

How exciting! That would be the next best place to be that day. :thumbsup2

So are the windows in Palo kinda like the mirror in Goofys Candy CO! :lmao:

I'm saddened by the no picture taking rule as well, I mean how the heck am I supposed to see it without your photos!!!

I hate that rule. The costumes were amazing and I can't even share them or have pictures to remember them.

We loved the Palo windows. :rotfl2:

At the risk of giving you a swelled head, the colors of your outdoor pixs are wonderful. So bright & clear like HD tv!:happytv:

Shame to see those tractors sitting on the dock, all from China, including the yellow & green ones!

At the risk of giving you a swelled head, the colors of your outdoor pixs are wonderful. So bright & clear like HD tv!:happytv:

Shame to see those tractors sitting on the dock, all from China, including the yellow & green ones!

Thanks....I need a smily with a head exploding now.

We were wondering that smae thing, but then there were a couple of old ones there too and we wondered why they would ship old ones over. Unless Glaveston was shipping them to another US port?

Just popping in to let you know that I'm still reading along, haven't had a chance to post much. :guilty: As always, your pictures are amazing! Love them all! I'm so happy that you were able to actually watch a sail away party withouth the rain interrupting. But, it does sound like it was a hot and sweaty party.

Great update :thumbsup2

Too funny about the mirrors outside of Palo! I wonder if that's why people linger there...what they don't realize is that there's people dressed up suits and nice dresses, eating a fancy dinner watching them LOL! I've been witness to a few of them myself :lmao:

I like that blue hat too! I look ridiculous in all hats but less so in baseballs caps compared to big sun hats so I probably would have bought that one ;) :rolleyes:

I never did understand the whole chocolate on your pillow thing...get all hyped up on sugar....now go to sleep!!! :upsidedow :scratchin

We have an old 1950 Allis Chalmers that needed a new manifold, got the part at TSC. It was made in China! They use the old tractors or copy them for parts.

Just popping in to let you know that I'm still reading along, haven't had a chance to post much. :guilty: As always, your pictures are amazing! Love them all! I'm so happy that you were able to actually watch a sail away party withouth the rain interrupting. But, it does sound like it was a hot and sweaty party.

Thats Ok. I have times where I am just lucky to read, let alone post too.
It was hot, but I am so happy to have seen the party.

Great update :thumbsup2

Too funny about the mirrors outside of Palo! I wonder if that's why people linger there...what they don't realize is that there's people dressed up suits and nice dresses, eating a fancy dinner watching them LOL! I've been witness to a few of them myself :lmao:

I like that blue hat too! I look ridiculous in all hats but less so in baseballs caps compared to big sun hats so I probably would have bought that one ;) :rolleyes:

I never did understand the whole chocolate on your pillow thing...get all hyped up on sugar....now go to sleep!!! :upsidedow :scratchin

Thats funny. Thanks goodenss Palo wasn't open then, or I could've been one of those people! :rotfl:
I kind of wish I did buy it and if it is on the Dream I may try it on and think it over some more.
I love chocolates on the pillow, but yo uare right ...why eat candy before going to bed.

We have an old 1950 Allis Chalmers that needed a new manifold, got the part at TSC. It was made in China! They use the old tractors or copy them for parts.

Ok, first off, it is really sad that I know what TSC is ...and that it is one of Claire's favorite stores.
Very interesting to know that info though.

Lumieres was our restaurant for tonight.

I will forewarn you now the lighting is bad and my pictures are not that good.

I believe our table number was 41 and we checked in and were led to it. Marys gang was there and I think Brook, Carolyn and gang followed us in.

l1.jpg

We all introduced ourselves to Marys friends, Chris, Erin, and Julie, and then set to the task of figuring out what to eat.
I took pictures of the menus&they are horrid, but here they are.

l2.jpg

l3.jpg

We started out with some bread that was very good.

l4.jpg

I think this was an olive spread. It was good, but not great, but I am not a fan of olives. I can eat some olive spreads, and like I said, this was good, but if I liked olives it probably wouldve been better to me.

l5.jpg

I tried to get a few shots around the restaurant, but I failed miserably and that is one regret I have.

l6.jpg

l7.jpg

l8.jpg

For appetizers I ordered the Chilled Jumbo Shrimp
White and Green Asparagus, Micro Greens and Lemon-Dill Dressing with Horseradish Cream

l9.jpg

I think Lisa ordered this too. It was very good.

I also got "Gaston's" Escargots Gratinés
Herb-marinated Snails with Finely Chopped Mushrooms, topped with Garlic Butter.

l10.jpg

I am not sure if Lisa ordered a 2nd appetizer or not. If so, I did not get a picture.

For entrees, we really had a hard time deciding. There were a couple of things I wanted to try, and same with Lisa. We decided we would order 3 between us and share all 3.

I ordered the Lumiere's Seared Sea Bass
With a Mushroom Herb Risotto, Sweet Onion Marmalade, and garnished with a Potato Crisp.

l11.jpg

This was very good. I thought the fish might be a little too fishy though. Not bad, but it wasn't perfect to me. We both ate it though and enjoyed it.

Lisa ordered the Three-Cheese Lobster Macaroni
Lobster Meat, Gruyère, and Cheddar Cheese Sauce tossed with Tubular Pasta and topped with a Parmesan Wafer.

l12.jpg

This was excellent. I actually liked it better than the fish.

We also ordered the Crispy Roasted Duck Breast
With Braised Napa Cabbage and Potato Cake, with Pomegranate Jus.

l13.jpg

Well there was nothing crispy about this duck. It was very fatty and not good at all. Lisa took one bite and spit it back in her napkin. That should tell you something, because her husband is a duck hunter. I think they eat duck here and there if I remember right. She was not impressed at all.
I took a bite and it was fatty, but I got it down. I tried another bite, digging into it to find the meat. It was just OK. So I tried a third and it was yuck. That plate got pushed to the side. We found out that we do not like duck, or at least duck this way.

During dinner we all talked. We really didnt talk as much to Mary and her group. Not that we were being rude, it was just that with 10 people at a table its hard to talk to everyone, and they all seemed to be in conversation about something.

Chris kept making comments about the ship movement. Up till that point I had felt basically nothing. Now I felt it slightly, but not bad at all. Most of us agreed that we couldnt feel much. I am not sure if it was the bonine Lisa and I took, or if it really was just that great. I will say we really had very calm seas most of the trip.

While eating and chatting we looked out the window we were sitting by. Our window looked out to the Atrium and guess who we saw?

cowboygoofy.jpg

Cowboy Goofy.

I loved his costume! For the most part, I did not do any official character meets this cruise, though looking back I kind of wish I did do some. I just wasnt in the mood to wait in line for any on this trip. I do have a few character pictures, but more on that later .......

Time for dessert now. Here are the menus. Again, really horribly shots.

l14.jpg

l15.jpg

Lisa ordered the Lumiere's Sweet Temptations
A Trio of Crème Brûlée, Chocolate Mousse and Praline Petite Choux.

l16.jpg

She liked it. She never had Cream Brulee before if I remember right. She loved the chocolate Mousse, but said she could've done without the sauce on top.

I had the Grand Marnier Soufflé
With Vanilla Sauce.

l17.jpg

YUM! I LOVE this stuff. I am going to let you in on something ....we went to Palo later in the week and I got the chocolate soufflé there. This was just as good. I did not think Palos soufflé was any better than this little bugger.

I also got the Chocolate Mousse
With Brandy-marinated Cherries.

l18.jpg

Again, this was really good, but I agreed with Lisa, I would rather have it without the cherry sauce.

Before we left dinner I did go and take one more picture before I left.

l19.jpg

We then headed out. I think Lisa was feeling tired, and bloated and just very full and decided to go to bed. I told her I wanted to explore just a bit more.

bwcaptnmickey.jpg

At some point I went and put gift cards on my account, this might've been when I did it.

guestservices.jpg

I wanted to go up top and look at the ship lit up.

3midship.jpg

Warning, moving ship at night .......very windy. If you are wearing a dress or skirt .....wear shorts under them. Luckily I was, or several people would have gotten a very unpleasant view.

nightship1.jpg

nightship2.jpg

nightship3.jpg

I love the adult area on the Magic better than the Dream.

nightship4.jpg

I got a shot of the ping pong table and paddles.

pingpongtable.jpg

pingpongpaddles.jpg

nightship5.jpg

I really enjoyed the lit up ship. Just beautiful .....BUT I think the Dream is prettier. If I remember right, it had more stuff lit up and it stayed lit for a longer time. I think all night long, while I noticed on early mornings that the Magic normally wasnt lit up still.

nigthship6.jpg

nightship7.jpg

nightship8.jpg

nightship9.jpg

They did a lot of painting and repairs daily and you would see signs like this around after they were done, or the area roped off.

careful.jpg

nightship10.jpg

nightship11.jpg

And some shots of the drink station.

drinkstation3.jpg

drinkstation4.jpg

It was just too windy up there, so I headed inside.

goofypicture.jpg

dolphincarpet.jpg

goofypicture2.jpg

pipespicture.jpg

goofypicture3.jpg

This is outside the theatre and list show times for the day.

movielineup.jpg

I've never eaten duck, but I have heard it was fatty/greasy. I think I'll steer clear.

The descriptions of the food do sound yum. The lobster 3 cheese sounded the best. I can't wait to have some good Disney food.

And desert. :)

Thanks for more great pics, Jen!

Duck should not be greasy if it is cooked correct - it can be very tasty. :thumbsup2 So I am sure yours was not cooked right. :sad2:
I had to :lmao: on some of your pics of the ship lit up, as they look just like mine! Only mine are from the DREAM. :rotfl2:
Lumiere's looks pretty too, even though you were not happy with your photos - looks like you have to cruise on the Magic again to get the "right" photos. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter