I Left My Heart in Aulani- Our Weeklong June '15 Vacation COMPLETED 8/2

Your trip looked amazing! I hope I will get the chance to go to Aulani one day!:-)

We loved Glen too!! He took so much time with us. Is that shot from the lobby a photo pass pic? We were loosely doing the photo pass scavenger hunt and they told us they only staff that spot occasionally. We checked a million times and never saw a photographer, which we thought was weird, it's gorgeous!

Yes, Glen was awesome! We used him a few times! We actually never saw a photopass photographer by the lobby either, I snapped that one on our way to the Member Mix and Mingle!

Looks like you guys really made the most of the resort. The pics of Donald and your daughter are so sweet, she is obviously a fan!

Thank you, she's a huge Donald Duck fan! And we loved Aulani, and tried to do a lot of what the resort offered, but I don't even think we did half of what is offered, there's just SO much to do!

Loving your TR! Cannot wait to read more =)

Thank you so much!

Reading the pre trip, lol all the swimming suits :teeth:

I know, it was a bit much. I tend to shop in advance by shopping clearance racks and I had forgotten how many I accumulated! I already have purchased 3 for next season as Gymboree had their rash guard sets marked down to $6.99 PLUS I had a 20% off coupon. It's an obsession.

Your trip looked amazing! I hope I will get the chance to go to Aulani one day!:-)

Thank you, it was an amazing trip! If you get the chance to go, definitely take it!

And I think that brings us to the end. I'll leave with a few tips that I didn't mention in my blog (and of course I'll be back to answer questions:

Life Proof Cases: Use them! My husband and I each had one on our phone and I'm so grateful I did. I was never afraid to bring my phone in the pool/ocean, etc. and we got some great shots! Also, I purchased them at Best Buy because they price matched AND gave me a "bundle" discount for buying multiple mobile accessories. I got two cases for our iPhones for under $100!

Rent a Cabana: Next year, we will definitely be renting a cabana. I thought it was spendy, but it's worth it. If you can swing it, rent one for a day (or more!)

The $ Benjamins $: While it sounds crazy, we spent far less at Aulani than we do at Disney Parks. We saved a ton of money by bringing groceries (even in a small studio) and making our own meals. Our room charge statement was literally $300 and change which is a small fraction of what our room charges are at Disney theme parks. You can do Aulani on a budget and still have a wonderful time (and eat well!)

Consider a Costco Membership (if you don't have one): What we saved on a rental car alone paid for our Costco Membership this year. Obviously, buying groceries there saved money, but we also purchased our boxes of Aloha Mac's there. We got a case of 6 boxes for I think $17. One box of these at the airport was like $20. WE GOT 6 for less than the price of one!

Resort Life: You really can spend a week at Aulani and not leave the resort. There is a ton to do for all members of your family!

Island Time: Is a thing, and it does not take time for it to become accustom to.

Parking Spaces are SMALL: Consider this when deciding what size car to rent and how much luggage to pack/bring with you.

Jennissilly - thanks for the MAC tip! With hubby out of town & kids at a sleepover, I treated myself to a MAC outing this morning. My wallet doesn't thank you! Man, MAC has definitely gotten better since I stopped using the foundation 15 years ago. The SPF tinted base with C is awesome. I went for prime& prep under lotion stuff, SPF base C stuff, bronzer, concealer (needed for the first time as now a 44-yr old ), pressed powder. I already swear by MAC shadows & liner stuff, and will only use L'Oreal Voluminous mascara. I'll stick with my Clinique moisturizer, blush & chubby cherry lip chub. Without the powder, she said I should survive a dip. So lightweight ... Back in the 90s, I remember I "felt" MAC makeup on my face as I wore it. None of this really pertains to a trip, but I'm so glad I spent the time to check it out!! Thanks for the tip!

I just saw you finished this! I am such a bad advance season shopper too... Gymboree especially. We are trying to save money right now and that's what I cut out! I did buy a few lands end suits for next year though already.

Totally agree that Aulani was cheaper than a parks vacation. It is fir sure cheaper for us than WDW since both involve pricey airfare. It's probably about even with a week in DL, but we never go that long.

Glad she tried the river and the bridge area. We were at Wet and Wild this weekend and we did that lazy river so many times!

Great report!! Good job on finishing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter