I KNEW IT!!!! Delta does it to me too!

pooch

Still feeling special!!
With great trepidation I booked a great rate ($69) on a Delta flight from BDL to MCO - time was perfect - got us to WDW mid-morning. Checked obssessively & today got the dreaded change.

My 6:50 is now 8:30. I know its not a huge change, and I checked, the earlier flight is gone, but this is such a short trip for us. Now we'll be landing at the time I had hoped to be checking in at Pop. And, of course I've received no e-mail notice of the change even though I signed up for them.

Ok, everybody make sympathetic noises for me!!!!!:sad1::sad1::sad1:

I hear ya. We are booked to fly from bdl to MCO and have had out flight changed twice. I finally get it straightened out as we like to fly first flight out non stop and a non stop back to BDl on the return also. Well this morning, I received an e-mail from Delta and the change was to the flight # going down but instead of leaving at 10:30 on our return we are now flying out at noon. We are going in September from the 10th-19th and also staying at POP. When are you going and maybe you can change it. I checked our morning flight to MCO on the 10th and the seats are not full yet. Good Luck

I can't pull up my itinerary. But Delta is still selling the 6:50 am & 5:30pm flights. I'm going Sept. 18-21. Staying at POP too.

They reel you in with great prices and great flight times, including nonstop. As soon as you turn your back. You are on connecting flights, sometimes multiply stops with hours of waiting to connect to another flight!

Good Luck!

Charleyann

Are you going on a Saturday? It looks like 8:30am is the only non-stop of the day. Look at it this way - the difference is only 1 1/2 hours and at least it's still non-stop! I've been changed on several airlines from non-stops to connections.

Call them and explain that you would like an earlier flight. I had the same thing happen last fall. THey cancelled my flight put me on a flight that would not work for us so I called and got an earlier flight.

I booked Delta on our return flight to BDL from MCO on July 3rd. The flight time got changed once, but was only a ten minute difference, then they changed it to Northwest, then they changed the flight number 2 more times. It was a little iffy at the RAC counter though as they said due to so many changes they might not be able to check us in as they had experienced difficulties with an earlier passenger. Eventually it worked out quite well for us as we got upgraded to first class prior to boarding!! Now that was a pleasure!!:cool1:

Call them and explain that you would like an earlier flight. I had the same thing happen last fall. THey cancelled my flight put me on a flight that would not work for us so I called and got an earlier flight.

that's the first thing I checked. The 8:30AM is now the first flight out on Sat 9/26. Of course the 6:50 is there for every other day!!!!

Ok, breathe...in/out....:scared1:

Just checked my itinerary and so far no change. We are on the 6:50 on Aug. 13 and the 5:30 p.m. on Aug. 20. We had to call at one point though since they went from Delta flights to NWA flights. They then changed our return to a stop in Detroit. I called and got back on the Delta non-stop at 5:30. We are on NWA on the way to MCO and Delta on the way back. We have been flying Delta for years and have never had any trouble until they merged with NWA. I just keep checking each day. I do know that our local paper said that in the fall flights would be cut back and there would be significant changes. Guess these are it.

It's not like DL dropped that flight specifically to screw you. Flight changes are made constantly and the further ahead you book, the more likely it is that changes are going to happen....numerous changes. Some are simply a change to the flight number, some departure and arrival times are tweaked, and sometimes entire flights are deleted or added. That's just the way the airline business works. I am aware that DL/NW are making a lot of schedule changes beginning the day after Labor Day as they move into that dead travel period and continue to consolidate as part of the merger.

BobK/Orlando

I had the same thing happen to me only going home my flight out of ATL was moved up 3 hours and did not have a flight going from MCO to ATL at all (posted a few threads back).

Was able to get everything resolved though. Just call them and say this is not what you originally booked and it does not work for you, could they please fix it. The lady I spoke to was very nice and helpful and able to get everything worked out. Good luck!

I had the same thing happen to me only going home my flight out of ATL was moved up 3 hours and did not have a flight going from MCO to ATL at all (posted a few threads back).

Was able to get everything resolved though. Just call them and say this is not what you originally booked and it does not work for you, could they please fix it. The lady I spoke to was very nice and helpful and able to get everything worked out. Good luck!

The flight she was moved to is the earlies flight on her day of travel unless she wants to take a later flight then they can't change it.

Did you call Delta to make sure your flight is gone? If it's sold out, it doesn't show any longer. I have had had that happen to me several times with Delta and panicked for no reason.

I was very very tempted to book Delta for our Sept flights, based on the prices & times. DH asked me not to, and was willing to pay a good bit more for Jetblue. I finally booked on Jetblue for more $, but there are only a few more people on the flights. I fear that we are going to be bumped to an earlier return time as well. Its probably not just Delta making all these changes, but it does seem like its mostly Delta.

It's not like DL dropped that flight specifically to screw you. Flight changes are made constantly and the further ahead you book, the more likely it is that changes are going to happen....numerous changes. Some are simply a change to the flight number, some departure and arrival times are tweaked, and sometimes entire flights are deleted or added. That's just the way the airline business works. I am aware that DL/NW are making a lot of schedule changes beginning the day after Labor Day as they move into that dead travel period and continue to consolidate as part of the merger.

BobK/Orlando

saying anything about Delta screwing me?!?! Just asked for a little show of sympathy and, gotta tell ya Bob, you don't sound particularly sympathetic!!! I know Delta does this and I was taking a chance for low fares. Just venting a little, I think you can cut me some slack. :snooty::snooty:

there is a 725 flight from LGA-- Delta may let you change airports since they changed the flight by more than 90 minutes.

Delta is not alone in the whole changing flights issue anymore. Even Jetblue is doing it with remarkable regularity now.
I did book Delta for my return home from WDW next month. I booked the later of the two non-stop flights from Boston to MCO...at 6:45. It has since changed to 7:00. I knew it would change...just wasn't sure by how much. This time it changed in my favor....doesn't happen often.
I make a habit of checking my flights every month when I book more than 2 months beforehand. Then, when I get to the 90 day mark, I start checking on them once a week. When I get to 3 weeks before departure, it's a daily check....just to stay on top of the situation.
The only airline that I don't routinely check on is SW...they have never changed a booked flight on me.

With great trepidation I booked a great rate ($69) on a Delta flight from BDL to MCO - time was perfect - got us to WDW mid-morning. Checked obssessively & today got the dreaded change.

My 6:50 is now 8:30. I know its not a huge change, and I checked, the earlier flight is gone, but this is such a short trip for us. Now we'll be landing at the time I had hoped to be checking in at Pop. And, of course I've received no e-mail notice of the change even though I signed up for them.

Ok, everybody make sympathetic noises for me!!!!!:sad1::sad1::sad1:

That stinks! I know you waffled back and forth, and we talked about this in another thread.

So far they haven't changed our itinerary. Still out at 6:50 on the 16th. I wonder why they'd change the Saturday flight only. That's messed up. I'd definitely call them to see if you can get more info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!