I keep getting PIN Codes!!!

I Run Long

DIS Veteran
WTH, I keep getting email PIN Code offers from Disney AND Universal. I just got one today for 30% off for the dates of Jan 2-June 7, 2016. This is about the 3rd offer I've had this year! Last Thursday I got a PIN Code offer of 50% from Universal. Of course I can't go since our Cdn$ is so low. Disney is expensive enough as it is but with an added 30% due to the exchange rate it just isn't possible for us. I know I shouldn't complain but, sheesh! Why do I never get these offers when I can actually go?:furious:

I've never gotten a pin code. Consider yourself lucky. Maybe one day the pins will be for a time you can go.

Small consolation I know.. but at least you know you are on their radar? The only emails I've ever received were for 15% Sun-Thurs at Disneyland (where every hotel is priced as a Deluxe!).

How do you get pin codes from disney? Do you have to have been before? Have to have the disney visa? The fee one or does it happen the same on the non-fee card?
I didn't think there was any chance of a discount for early june!!

I think they have a way of knowing just when you want them and just when you don't- and they send them when you don't.

I had been waiting and waiting for a pin code and I finally got a pin code last summer for free park hoppers with ticket purchase and a resort discount - right after I had just purchased an AP.

I could use a better resort discount for the spring and winter, so I am not expecting a code . . . .

How do you get pin codes from disney? Do you have to have been before? Have to have the disney visa? The fee one or does it happen the same on the non-fee card?

No one knows....I got one this year for winter dates. I don't have a visa, I haven't been since my husband came back from deployment back in 2011. Heck my grandmother got the same dates as me and she passed away in Jan. She was not a holder and last time she went was back in 2009 i think.

The OP is from Canada and you can't get the Disney Visa here ... Must be from some other magical list. :rolleyes:

Sorry everyone. I don't mean to complain. I know anytime we wanted to go before we couldn't get a PIN code for love nor money. I honestly don't know why I seem to be on their magic email list. Wish I knew then I'd make sure I was on it everytime. I hope everyone out there gets them too.

Yep! I've gotten pin codes for the last 3-4 seasons. I just booked for the summer and I am crossing my fingers that they'll send me one (but I am expecting that they won't).

I started getting the codes after registering on the website and ordering a planning video. I'd log in from time to time and play around with vacation dates.

I also ordered a planning video and I was logging in from time to time and playing around with vacation dates. On the Monday the discounts came out a few weeks ago, I decided I better book our room at YC even though I hadn't received a Pin code (and I've gotten a lot of them in the past). The YC showed no availability on line that morning for the weeks we wanted to go - Feb-March, so I called. The CM checked and said "oh, there's a special code attached to your name/email!". Not only was YC available but I got 35% off the room rate !!!!! Pixie dust was raining on me. What's weird is that a few days later, I did get an email with a Pin code for winter/spring dates!
So, my advise is to ask about a pin code when you call to book - just in case.

WTH, I keep getting email PIN Code offers from Disney AND Universal. I just got one today for 30% off for the dates of Jan 2-June 7, 2016. This is about the 3rd offer I've had this year! Last Thursday I got a PIN Code offer of 50% from Universal. Of course I can't go since our Cdn$ is so low. Disney is expensive enough as it is but with an added 30% due to the exchange rate it just isn't possible for us. I know I shouldn't complain but, sheesh! Why do I never get these offers when I can actually go?:furious:
I recently got a pin code too by email. With the Canadian dollar being in the toilet, can't use it. Funny that I never got one when I could use it. I think the fact that I've booked a vacation every year except this year might have something to do with it. They are up there in Disney marketing saying to themselves "I know she has money, we have to get some of it, why isn't she spending it at Disney?"

Exactly! They must know I can't go now. This is the 4th one is a row that I've received. Prior to this year; nothing. Disney must know I can't go. Why oh why do they keep doing this to me?

Exactly! They must know I can't go now. This is the 4th one is a row that I've received. Prior to this year; nothing. Disney must know I can't go. Why oh why do they keep doing this to me?
I think these pin codes are psychologically damaging to you. :rolleyes: I recommend that you go.
Stop looking at exchange rates. Those are also psychologically damaging. I should know. :crazy:

I get them every season . Multiple ones a year .I started getting them after booking our first vacation in 2013. Now I just keep staying active on the website to try to ensure I continue getting them!

I have never gotten one. I think Mickey knows I'll pay up regardless and keeps them away from me! haha

I know exactly how you feel! Last year or the year before, I got at least 2 for free dining or up to 35% off a room. I have not been there EVER under my married name, and not since I was 13. I am almost 40 so, I can guarantee going previously has nothing to do with getting them. I did notice that the offers I got were for the time frames I was mock booking to see prices, so make sure you are logged in when doing this! I hope we both get another one when we can go! :)

Jealous!! I got them last year and couldn't use them and now I need one this year and haven't gotten one! :sad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter