I just saw a map of CSR.....

Suedrews

Mouseketeer
this hotel looks huge!!! We have kids who would love the pool & playground area....it looks like we should want the Cabana area, maybe 8a or 8b? Is that area close to the bus stop? It looks like quite a walk to the main entrance area....anyone out there really familiar with the layout.....please fill me in, as CSR might be the hotel we switch to from CBR in November....thanks....Susan

CSR is a huge, nice resort. The lake is really big so it spreads things out some. With kids I would stick with the cabanas. They are close to the main pool. The kids will love the pool area. The cabanas are also near the main building. CSR has 4 bus stops. There is a cabana bus stop and the main bus stop isn't far away. The CSR buses aren't too crowded, except at night, probably due to the conventioneers. Bus service is excellent. :p

Coronado Springs usually has good bus service, and not very crowded.

If you need to get around the resort, All the theme park busses will go 2, 3, 4, 1... and the Downtown Disney busses will go 1, 2, 3, 4... So to get to El Centro, take any theme park bus. To get back to your room, take the Downtown Disney bus. :)

Hi,

We just got back from CSR two weeks ago. We stayed in Cabanas 8A it was very close to the main pool and not far a walk to the bus stop. The busses ran very regularly with no more than a ten minute wait during our stay. There was only one time they were crowded enough that we had to stand.

Actually we stayed at CBR too and split our stay. We found we enjoyed CBR a bit more but CSR is really lovely at night.

Have a great trip!

Rooth

...I would recommend the Cabanas area, too, because it is fairly close to everything. We stayed in the Ranchos section, and, boy, did we walk! After walking around in the parks all day long, the last thing you want is another long walk to your room....BTW - the pool here is awesome!

We stayed in Casitas 4. And I had few complaints on the location. But I think next time I would try for Cabanas.
At our stay in ASMo, the convenience of a quick walk to the central location did spoil us.
In Casitas 4, after a long day in the parks, even a pleasant walk to El Centro wasn't worth a *free*drink refill.

that CSR is not available for the dates we are traveling....I appreciate all the responses.....Susan

If at first you don't succeed, try try again!:cool: Things open up all the time. If you are a displaced CBR person, they really will try to make you happy:D ! Good luck!

We stayed in Casitas 4. And I had few complaints on the location. But I think next time I would try for Cabanas.

Luv2Roam,

Can I ask about your complaints for Casita 4 ? I know you mentioned the long walk to ElCentro, but was there anything else? Were you close to a bus stop?The Dig Site?
I was thinking that the Casitas would be my first choice, with Cabanas my second choice.Hmmmmmmm, maybe I should switch???

Thanks,Chris

:confused:

The walk from Casitas 4 was not THAT far. A distance, but not terrible. But we spend ALL day in the parks. By the time we got back to the room, more often than not we said the heck with walking back to El Centro for a mug of Coke or coffee. Sometimes we paid the buck and just used the vending machine down the hall.
The walk is very nice, as long as your feet aren't worn out. ;)
Our stay was in the first week of January '01. (And our first REAL Disney trip.)
We chose Casitas 4 because we were basically in the middle to walk to the pool area and to the central area (yet close to a bus stop). And again, it just depends on if you feel like walking anywhere when you return to your room.
That is the main location concern.
DH used the *hot* tub 3 - 4 times, even though it was January and nippy at night. He wore a warm up running suit there and back and had no complaints about being cold.
I don't know if it was just our stay, timing, etc, but CSR was rather stingy on hot water when we were there.
Just as one example, DH gave up on the hot tub because the water was never hot. More a luke warm spa. Again, we didn't know if it had to do with the cooler temps. But doubtful, as the water should be consistently heated.
DH finally said the bathtub water was hotter than the hot tub and just soaked in the bathtub.
But again, who knows if that was the norm for CSR.
Once we stayed at ASMo, I did understand when I read other's posts about CSR being so *spread out*. In comparison, it is. Everything was more handier to walk to at ASMo, than CSR.
Casitas 3 would be a very nice area to stay in. Except then you are farther from the pool. (But not by much,)
We had waterview. And I don't think I wuld pay $10 a night for that again. Our one room window was completely fogged over our entire stay.
We had traveling friends in the room next to us. Their window was the same. And they are older than us. Once they hit their room at night, there was no getting them back out for a drink run. ;)
Casitas 4 has a huge parking lot on the backside. We did occasionally hear the laundry trucks that came every night if we were outside. If I had a room on the backside, I would be wondering if the vehicle traffic/noises awould be an irritation.
At Castias 4, you would want them to haul your luggage (and you to and from the room. It would be quite a trek dragging luggage around.
Overall we enjoyed our stay and would not hesitate to stay there again. Even if it was in the Casitas area. ;)

Casita 3 is very nice and near a quiet pool. The quiet pool is lovely. Everything was very quiet and restful. Casita 2 looks nice too and is nearer to El Centro. I have stayed in the Cabanas, Ranchos and Casitas. The Cabanas are the most convenient to the main pool and El Centro. The Ranchos are the least convenient. The Casitas are my favorite. They are pretty buildings with beautiful landscaping. I would never pay for a water view at a moderate resort because there are no balconies. :p

All this feedback is really helping me.

I am making notes for our room request fax ;-)

Thanks ya'll !!
Chris

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter