I just paid $80 for 3 drinks at Trader Sam's!

The ones highlighted with blue means you get the cup. From my understanding is only the Nautilus they won't sell without the souvenir cup.

The prices are pretty average disney cocktail prices unless you want the cup too.

A review that I read said they wouldn't sell the Pearl without the special cup either, since the cup is plastic and can't be sanitized. I think they serve the drinks in the special glasses whether you buy the glass or not. I guess the nature of the Pearl glass and presentation doesn't allow for not purchasing the cup.

Thanks for posting the menu. I am really hoping to go next June. It looks awesome to me, but I'm a big Tiki Room and 20000 Leagues fan.

We went opening week. I don't have a problem with the prices. I do have a problem with not listing the prices on the menu. We mentioned it to the people taking sureys on the way out of the bar. Prices, should be listed so everyone clearly knows what they are paying for.

Lawsuits abound over this issue and with all the litigation Disney has I am surprised they would open themselves up to this.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/t...ing-drink-prices-on-menu/article/feed/2175208

http://fohboh.com/profiles/blogs/the-case-of-the-11-margarita-is-it-legal-to-withhold-menu-prices

I can only assume, profit margins are so high that it more than covers the legal expense/risk.

Exactly! That's why we enjoy dessert parties for 50 each too. Lots of whining on the boards about prices. How about this... B-u-d-g-e-t. Then you don't worry about it.

I don't think anyone is really -worried- about it. We just don't see the sense in paying a meals price for a drink. You do. Great. I don't. To you, its worth it. To me its an utter waste of money. I don't see any worrying going on from either side and I'm pretty sure everyone who takes a vacation already budgets. Not sure what your post was trying to convey, really.

One thing I'm curious about is I see several people mentioning the "experience" but I don't see anyone saying what that experience is. Perhaps I missed a post? Would anyone be willing to provide us with details on just what this "experience" is?

These prices don't shock me...I live in the NY metro area any mixed drink out is $20+ and you get glassware. They have to price the drink accordingly with the souvenir...so if you price Disney price for the souvenir the drink price is comparable and I you tubed video of trader Sam's the Uh Oa and the Nautilus are more than just one drink in there..so drink up enjoy and don't worry about it if you planned ahead.

I don't think anyone is really -worried- about it. We just don't see the sense in paying a meals price for a drink. You do. Great. I don't. To you, its worth it. To me its an utter waste of money. I don't see any worrying going on from either side and I'm pretty sure everyone who takes a vacation already budgets. Not sure what your post was trying to convey, really.

One thing I'm curious about is I see several people mentioning the "experience" but I don't see anyone saying what that experience is. Perhaps I missed a post? Would anyone be willing to provide us with details on just what this "experience" is?

I suspect the point is, everything is expensive at WDW. Why the shock?

those are awesome photos....some of the drink holders are just adorable...I may not be much of a drinker..but these are cute....thanks for posting..and remember we all have our own places to go and things to buy when we are on vacation...

Looking forward to Trader Sams at WDW in March 2016. We've been to the one in the Disneyland Hotel. My sister collects tiki mugs so this place is a must for her. I'm not a rum fan so I ordered an Ansolut vodka martini, very dry and up, with two olives. It was the best martini I've ever had. Our bartender knew what he was doing. The bar was loud and entertaining. Lots to see with a show going off every 5 minutes or so. We three ladies had several drinks and appetizers and I think spent around $125. My sister spent about $100 on a big bag with about 5 tiki mugs in it. My sister wants to order the Pearl at TS in WDW. She's heard there is a special show that goes with that drink. :)

I have to be honest... I went to the one in California and I don't get it.

The place was dark, smelled like a frat bar and the drink was just not good. Guess I am not the target audience

LOL.
Are you guys kidding me? 80 bucks for 4 lousy drinks. Am I the only one that thinks that's grand larceny?

I'll be the cheapskate of the bunch. for almost 100 bucks I want a lot more to be going home with me than just a lousy glass.

LOL, op you do know that the Bacardi superior rum that, the Uh-Oa is made from cost about 20 bucks for a 2 liter (~1/2 gallon) bottle??

Oy vey
Eliza61 - totally agree with you..that Nautalis glass should be dancing Eva

I love both trader Sam's. I don't like beer or wine, but I feel like most of trader Sam's mixed drinks are just as over priced as the rest of Disney's.

Someone was asking about the 'show'. It's not really a show per se. Ordering certain drinks can lead to effects. When the Krakatoa is ordered, the lights flash and the animated windows in the bar come alive, which show a tropical theme and a volcano erupting. The bartenders will play up the scenario and yell things like 'run for the hills!'. It can be a really fun time if the whole room gets into it.

Another effect is the pearl drink. The bartender makes a big show of taking the pearl from a giant clam. Very rarely you could get a black pearl instead of the usual white.

There are a few other effects too. I don't think everyone would or should enjoy trader Sam's, it just depends on what you like. For instance, I know a lot of people on disboards love the rose and crown bar, but I think it's boring.

But finishing up with my original point, as someone who drinks a lot of frou frou mixed drinks at disney, the prices at trader Sam's aren't any worse or better than other places on disney property.

Last edited:
You can order any of the drinks without paying for the souvenir cup, except the Pearl. The pearl cup is plastic, so if you buy one you keep the cup. Someone on here says the Nautilus, but for a long time they didn't have enough Nautilus mugs so they were serving the drink in the Nautilus but you couldn't buy the mug.

Then they won't cost any or much more than what's usually charged around WDW.

While many might consider the mugs garage sale caliber kitsch, there is actually a strong history associated with ceramic tiki mugs designed for specific drinks at tiki bars. Without belaboring the point, real tiki bars that make real tiki cocktails (not Mai Tai's from Applebees) commissioned mugs that ended up in the collections of the likes of the Rat Pack and lots of other famous folk in the post-war tiki craze partially re-fueled by the popularity of the film South Pacific. One of the most famous manufacturers of the mugs is called Tiki Farm, and if you read their name on the bottom of a mug you probably have a decent one. Trader Sam's in Disneyland had some of their mugs made by Tiki Farm.

This is one of those beauty is in the eye of the beholder situations, I guess. I love tiki mugs, and have a bamboo cabinet full of them from tiki bars from all over the US!

Does anyone know if they will serve the Nautilus to one person? I understand its a larger drink . . . pour is technically for two. I'm planning on going early pre-opening next Fall and will definitely sip not swill. :-) I've got an ADR for Kona later that evening so can explain that I have in-house dinner plans to "absorb" the booze. I plan on bringing my bestest & nicest persuasive skills to sweet talk the bartender/waiter. Gonna at least give it a good try!

Maybe it's because we are from a major city, but the prices seem right in line with what we would spend at our local nicer restaurants. I have paid $18 for a Grey Goose martini before tax and tip, and it didn't come with a cool souvenir glass. DH and I are both really looking forward to trying this place on our next trip. It will probably be an expensive trip as we will probably order multiple drinks with souvenir glasses, but once we have them we'll order them sans cup on future trips. One of our favorite souvenirs is still the hollowed out baby yakoose head cup from the Adventurer's Club in 2002.

I love both trader Sam's. I don't like beer or wine, but I feel like most of trader Sam's mixed drinks are just as over priced as the rest of Disney's.

Someone was asking about the 'show'. It's not really a show per se. Ordering certain drinks can lead to effects. When the Krakatoa is ordered, the lights flash and the animated windows in the bar come alive, which show a tropical theme and a volcano erupting. The bartenders will play up the scenario and yell things like 'run for the hills!'. It can be a really fun time if the whole room gets into it.

Another effect is the pearl drink. The bartender makes a big show of taking the pearl from a giant clam. Very rarely you could get a black pearl instead of the usual white.

There are a few other effects too. I don't think everyone would or should enjoy trader Sam's, it just depends on what you like. For instance, I know a lot of people on disboards love the rose and crown bar, but I think it's boring.

But finishing up with my original point, as someone who drinks a lot of frou from mixed drinks at disney, the prices at trader Sam's aren't any worse or better than other places on disney property.

The drink effects plus the hilarious bartenders/staff make the show. We were subject to elevating barstools and an entire schtick about them, the bartenders tell random jokes.. One even ran through the place clanging a cowbell and yelling 'Can I have your attention please!.... Thank you!' then went away. We still randomly yell out 'Two shots of rum!'.

You might want to take a peek at the Uh Oa "glass". It's more than just a glass.

Even the Hippopotamaitai glass is cooler than just a glass.

Disney is expensive. When you're getting a drink that is more than one serving and comes with basically a guacamole serving container once home, it's going to get expensive. :)

I agree.
I just googled the glass. That thing is awesome! And gigantic! No wonder that drink is so expensive!!

I think the drinks are pricey too. When we went we got nervous because the prices were not listed on the menu. We had fun and enjoyed the experience but it was definitely a one drink each kind of night. As a previous poster said, "drink slow and chill".

I find it odd they don't have drink prices on the menu.............I don't know that I'd order a drink @ WDW without knowing the cost. o_O Would you?

Doug :goofy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter