I Just got back from SoG...any questions?

ForMeThisIsHeaven

Earning My Ears
I just got back from a one week stay in the one bedroom suite in the new hall of SoG...it was amazing! The resort looked 100 times nicer than it did in the pictures, the rooms were extremely spacious and well kept. If anyone has any questions about the resort...I would be more than happy to answer.

We stayed at SOG in Nov 1998 for 6 nights with two teenage sons and had a great time. We plan on staying there next Nov , without kids, who will be away at college. I have a couple of questions.

1. Is the breakfast buffet still inexpensive and good quality? We ate there every morning the last time.

2. Is everything completely finished now and how do the buses work with more people staying there?

3. How crowded was it? I know the two other times we've gone have been to WDW were in Nov and it was wonderful not to have to wait for hours in lines or deal with afternoon thunderstorms.

4. Where was your room/suite located?

5. Did you try the new italian restaurant? How was it if you did?

1. The breakfast buffet at the Garden Gallery was very cheap...around 7 dollars for adults. The food was very good and many options were available. The Garden Gallery also had a regular menu, with extremely cheap prices (3.50 for pancakes, most other items were around 3 or 4 dollars). The Garden Gallery also offers dinner buffets, which have a different theme for each night.

2. At the current moment in time, just about everything was finished. The only thing that was not completely finished was the Express Cafe. They were still adding decorations, although it was nothing that interfered with the quality of the cafe. The Express Cafe sells delicious breakfast items if you are short on time. To get to the bus station, you must pass through the Express Cafe, so it is a perfect place to quick get some food before a long day at the parks.
The Shades of Green bus system had two bus systems, Route A and Route B. Route A goes directly to the transportation center, where you can get a monorail to Magic Kingdom and Epcot. That bus starts at 7:30, and comes every 15 minutes until an hour after park closing. Route B takes you to MGM Studios and Animal Kingdom. That bus leaves every 30 minutes. There is also a bus to Downtown Disney and Typhoon Lagoon (Blizzard Beach was closed during the time I was there, so I have no idea what bus you take to get there). The DTD and TL bus leaves SoG every hour on the half hour (8:30, 9:30, etc) and pick up is every hour on the 45 (8:45, 9:45, etc) Pickup from downtown disney is on the west side near Cirque du Soiel until 5:45, then it changes to near pleasure island to continue until 2:45 am. If you miss a bus, you could always go to the poly and then take a short 5-10 minute walk across the street. If it is before 6 pm, you could call the front desk and send for "shady shuttle", which would come meet you at the corner to take you to the lobby free of charge. It is nice to know that the bus will come at a certain time, so you can plan your time around the bus system. At the Disney resorts, there is no set time the busses come, so you may end up waiting 20 minutes or so for a bus to come.

3. It was not crowded at all. Midday waits at the more popular attractions were normally around 20 minutes. The only ride I noticed a longer wait was for Test Track, which was 35 minutes at one point. (I have been to Disney in April during Spring Break and the Test Track wait time at one point was 180 minutes...) Downtown Disney was slightly more crowded, but it was also a friday night, and i would assume its always more crowded friday night.

4. My suite was located on the 1st floor in the new wing.

5.Mangino's is the new Italian restuarant. I personally did not try the food, but other people who I went with ate there one night and said the food was amazing, and the prices were quite low.

You will defintely enjoy your stay at SoG. If possible, request a room in the new wing, because they are nicer. I saw a room in the older section and it was still nice, but nothing beats new.

I hope that helped!

ForMeThisIsHeaven, Hi! Was the King suite in the new section very different from the King suite in the old section, in which I stayed and submitted photos?
We were very happy there, but I do wonder if the "new" suites were different. Thanks in advance! :D

If you are referring the the suite with the murphy beds, then yes the new suites are quite different. When you first walk into the room, there is a bathroom on the right and a mini-bar with cabinets and a closet on the left. Then there is a large room with 2 pull out couches, a large table and chairs, 2 sliding glass doors, a tv and cabinet. There is a door that takes you into the bedroom from the large room. The bedroom is very large with a king size bed, a sofa chair, a sliding glass door and a tv and cabinet. There is also another large bathroom and plenty of closet space. Being I have never stayed in the "old" suites, I can not compare, but I know the "new" suite was absolutely gorgeous!

ForMeThisIsHeaven, Thanks for the reply!
So there are no Murphy Beds and only pull out couches in the main living area? If there were only two couches, then where do guests "7 and 8" sleep?

Thanks in advance!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter