I just got a PIN Code for December!!!

Is that really true??? I thought all there was to worry about in December was Pop Warner, which I thought was the 2nd week of December, the parade taping, which just means to stay away from MK whatever day the taping is? Now there are dance and cheer teams there the week BEFORE Pop Warner? That's the week I was going to go, right after Thanksgiving, just to avoid Pop Warner!!!! Ugh...Hope this isn't actually true! :rotfl:

Yep, sorry to say! We have been several times during Pop Warner, but never the week prior. We were shocked at how many dance and cheer teams there were, male and female from all over! I will say they were more supervised and a little older than the Pop Warner crowd, at least the ones we saw staying at Coronado.

Yep, sorry to say! We have been several times during Pop Warner, but never the week prior. We were shocked at how many dance and cheer teams there were, male and female from all over! I will say they were more supervised and a little older than the Pop Warner crowd, at least the ones we saw staying at Coronado.

To be clear -- are the cheer and dance teams there during Pop Warner week or the week before (which is the week after Thanksgiving)?

I found the Pop Warner website and this is what they said about last year:
The 2009 Pop Warner Super Bowl and National Cheer & Dance Championships will take place from Saturday, December 5th through Saturday, December 12th at Disney’s Wide World of Sports™ Complex.

To be clear -- are the cheer and dance teams there during Pop Warner week or the week before (which is the week after Thanksgiving)?

I found the Pop Warner website and this is what they said about last year:
The 2009 Pop Warner Super Bowl and National Cheer & Dance Championships will take place from Saturday, December 5th through Saturday, December 12th at Disney’s Wide World of Sports™ Complex.

That's fine and all for this year, however LAST YEAR - they were there the week BEFORE Pop Warner, as were we. I wanted to add, the reason the dance teams were there the week before was on Wednesday and Thursday, they were practicing to be in the parade taping which started that Thursday AFTER Thanksgiving.

newbie here. What is a PIN code? What is it for? Laughs can now be had.
:welcome: to the DIS!

PIN codes are coveted discounts from Disney. They typically are e-mailed out (but are also received via mail), but there's no rhyme or reason to who receives them or how to get them. I'm hoping for one myself for December!

Congrates on getting your pin code, I wanted to go down orginally in Dec but the week after Turkey Day the flights were too expense plus I read about the pop warner crowd so going earlier in November instead

That's fine and all for this year, however LAST YEAR - they were there the week BEFORE Pop Warner, as were we. I wanted to add, the reason the dance teams were there the week before was on Wednesday and Thursday, they were practicing to be in the parade taping which started that Thursday AFTER Thanksgiving.

I agree. We were in WDW the week after Thanksgiving also. There weren't just dance teams, but chorus groups and a couple other groups we seen.

Teens running around. They weren't too disruptive at least where we seen them but it was alot more crowded then what we are used to.

New plans:

December 13th - 18th.

It was less than $100 more and probably well worth it.

I know the OP won't change again but just to clarify, we were there the week after Thanksgiving last year and POP Warner did not affect us at all. We saw NO players or cheer groups and we left on that Sat.
The parade taping was going on but we did have tickets! Also, it didn't affect us either as most of it was done before park opening or at resorts due to rain delays.

I have never heard of this pop warner. What is this? We are going down Dec.1-8th. will be sorry we are going this time? and when do they tape for Christmas shows?

I actually got a pin in Dec 09 that was good for dates all thru 2010 (with blackouts of course) all the way to 12/16! We got lucky I guess. We put in the resort and dates we wanted on the Disney site, and Disney Destinations sent us an email with all our preferences at the top, and the pin in the middle.

The same thing happened to us. Three times. We got three different PINs for all of 2010 while pricing out trips in late 2009. We're using one for the week after Thanksgiving. We actually always overlap the parade and a teeny bit of Pop Warner and have never had a problem. In fact, if it weren't for the DIS, I wouldn't have even know about PW. I still think ANY time in December prior to the Friday before Christmas is a great time to be at WDW. Any first or second-weekers, don't let the hype scare you. It's a WONDERFUL time!! :goodvibes:love::santa:

P.S. We've never stayed in a mod or value, so if you're staying at one of the PW resorts, all bets are off, I hear. So, you can be scared when it's time to come home, but the parks have always been great. :thumbsup2

We went the second week in Dec. We LOVED getting tickets to the Christmas parade taping. We had an AWESOME time seeing the Jonas Brothers, Celine Dion and all the Christmas decorations .... however, Pop Warner was tough. We stayed at the AllStar Music and when the kids came ... they were up at nights yelling, up in the morning yelling. I was glad we were leaving. They didn't affect the parks much BUT since Disney offered so many deals during this time, the parks were really crowded!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter