I just got a PIN Code for December!!!

FergieTCat

I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.
I've been wanting to go to WDW in December for the past few years but never quite made it. I did GAD this year and was one step closer to making it to the parks.

Today, I got a PIN Code in my e-mail for the exact time I wanted to go, the week after Thanksgiving! It will be quiet and the Christmas decorations will be up! :woohoo:

Happiness! :cheer2: :woohoo: :banana:

It's not quiet anymore!!!! That is the week the cheerleaders and dancers arrive for the parade taping and then Pop Warner follows. We were there the same time this past December and it was SLAMMED compared to previous years.

It's still fun though! The parade taping is neat! We saw Miley Cyrus two years ago and David Cook. Plus, during the taping the rides were quiet and very low lines. :cheer2:

It's not quiet anymore!!!! That is the week the cheerleaders and dancers arrive for the parade taping and then Pop Warner follows. We were there the same time this past December and it was SLAMMED compared to previous years.

[Very bad non-DIS-like word here]

[deep breaths]

How about the week after that?

I got 30% off of the All-Star Movies. The discount is 30% off values, 35% off moderates and 40% off deluxe.

I've been wanting to go to WDW in December for the past few years but never quite made it. I did GAD this year and was one step closer to making it to the parks.

Today, I got a PIN Code in my e-mail for the exact time I wanted to go, the week after Thanksgiving! It will be quiet and the Christmas decorations will be up! :woohoo:

Happiness! :cheer2: :woohoo: :banana:

Yayyyy! Congrats!!

[Another bad word]

I changed the reservation and just discovered what "Pop Warner" means. Apparently, it doesn't really impact the crowds, but impacts the resorts.

Calling WDW a THIRD time (they are SO going to love me ..)

And I'm back ...

Switched to the Pop Century, 12/6-11. My research tells me that the Pop Warner crowd effects the hotels more than the parks. And that the All-Stars and the POR are the hotels of choice.

[Another bad word]

I changed the reservation and just discovered what "Pop Warner" means. Apparently, it doesn't really impact the crowds, but impacts the resorts.

Calling WDW a THIRD time (they are SO going to love me ..)

And I'm back ...

Switched to the Pop Century, 12/6-11. My research tells me that the Pop Warner crowd effects the hotels more than the parks. And that the All-Stars and the POR are the hotels of choice.

darn it that is the week we are thinking of going and were thinking of staying at all star movies. Did you do any thing special to get that PIN?

The week after Thanksgiving is 11/28-12/4 (Sun-Sat). Pop Warner starts 12/6, doesn't it?

I think last year was more crowded because free dining was offered too.

We're going 11/25-12/4, and I don't think it will be that bad beginning the 28th. We did MK the Friday of parade taping a couple years ago and, as PP said, it was great in the ride areas at least for the morning.

darn it that is the week we are thinking of going and were thinking of staying at all star movies. Did you do any thing special to get that PIN?

No, it just showed up in my AOL mailbox.

I am STILL deciding when I want to go. What would be the less of the two evils -- parade crowd or Pop Warner? I'm now thinking of going back to my original plans -- the week after Thanksgiving.

The week after Thanksgiving is 11/28-12/4 (Sun-Sat). Pop Warner starts 12/6, doesn't it?

I think last year was more crowded because free dining was offered too.

We're going 11/25-12/4, and I don't think it will be that bad beginning the 28th. We did MK the Friday of parade taping a couple years ago and, as PP said, it was great in the ride areas at least for the morning.

Well yes, it was also the free dining (which brought us there that week), but also like I said, the dance/cheer teams from all over the US were there for the week BEFORE Pop Warner, so they were at the hotels, also the mods like Coronado where we stayed, as well as the parks. It was extremely crowded, but we had a good time.

Congrats on your pin!!! If i had to choose, I'd go with parade crowds over Pop Warner. If you don't want to watch the parade...you will score easy and quick rides since everybody else will be at the parade! Pop Warner brings lots of teenagers who are let loose and loosely supervised. I think you were wise to switch to POP. Go and have fun!

We've done that Pop Warner week before and it DOES impact the parks especially in the evening and that is our favorite time. I will NEVER go during Pop Warner time again.

We have switched to the 3rd week in December and it is more the quiet time now. Everyone else heard the secrets of the first 2 weeks and go then :lmao:

Suzanne

Congrats to you! We are also looking to go the same time - the Saturday after Thanksgiving through the following week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some kind of code too.

We've done that Pop Warner week before and it DOES impact the parks especially in the evening and that is our favorite time. I will NEVER go during Pop Warner time again.

We have switched to the 3rd week in December and it is more the quiet time now. Everyone else heard the secrets of the first 2 weeks and go then :lmao:

Suzanne

Both the PIN Code and my GAD voucher expire on December 15th, so I wanted to go before then. I did end up changing the reservation ... AGAIN ... this morning. I am going the week after Thanksgiving and staying at Movies. I'm flying home Satudary evening and wasn't planning to be in the Magic Kingdom or MGM the day of the parade taping, so I think I'll be good. I'd rather that then Pop Warner time.

Thanks for the warnings everyone. And I hope everyone gets a PIN code. I was surprised to get one for December so soon; I didn't expect them to come out until after Memorial Day.

Well yes, it was also the free dining (which brought us there that week), but also like I said, the dance/cheer teams from all over the US were there for the week BEFORE Pop Warner, so they were at the hotels, also the mods like Coronado where we stayed, as well as the parks. It was extremely crowded, but we had a good time.

Is that really true??? I thought all there was to worry about in December was Pop Warner, which I thought was the 2nd week of December, the parade taping, which just means to stay away from MK whatever day the taping is? Now there are dance and cheer teams there the week BEFORE Pop Warner? That's the week I was going to go, right after Thanksgiving, just to avoid Pop Warner!!!! Ugh...Hope this isn't actually true! :rotfl:

I was surprised to get one for December so soon; I didn't expect them to come out until after Memorial Day.

I actually got a pin in Dec 09 that was good for dates all thru 2010 (with blackouts of course) all the way to 12/16! We got lucky I guess. We put in the resort and dates we wanted on the Disney site, and Disney Destinations sent us an email with all our preferences at the top, and the pin in the middle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter