I just convinced my DH to add on, but

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by disfanforlife, Mar 9, 2013.

1. disfanforlife

disfanforlife DIS Veteran

The listing I was interested in now says sale pending. I have never bought resale before, but have been thinking about adding on. I guess I will just keep looking!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. lodge

lodge DIS Veteran

There is no time to hesitate when you see one you want. I just put a purchase in for a contract 3 minutes after an email stating it's availability, when it wasn't even up on the resale's site yet. Super-fast transaction.

4. DannysMom

DannysMom DIS Veteran

Agree with lodge. Once you are ready to make offers, if you want to be the first offer on a listing you need to be ready to jump when you see something you want. Good luck in your contract hunt.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!

5. disfanforlife

This is new for me. We thought that we had enough points, wasn't that silly! I will definitely be on the hunt now.

6. NHTikiBeckie

NHTikiBeckie DIS Veteran

I did the same thing...I kept losing out on contracts I wanted because I would wait even a few HOURS after the email, and it took me months to finally nail down one!

7. Kidanifan08

Kidanifan08 DIS Veteran

If you are looking for more than 150 points, those tend to last a little longer and you have more of an opportunity to bargain. For the 100 point or less contracts, you often need to call immediately and offer asking price. This is particularly true for the more popular locations like BWV and BCV. 100 pointers at the larger resorts often last several days. Happy hunting!

8. disfanforlife

Thanks for the tips. We are looking for a smaller contract. Probably 100 points would be best. BWV, BLT, or BCV are my top three choices. We already own 200 at AKV. DH thinks it is sufficient but is willing to add on if I find a good contract.

9. disfanforlife

Glad you finally got one, hope I do too!