I just booked the poly gv concierge!!

tobie01

Always planning and dreaming of my next trip!!
I booked the poly gv concierge yesterday! I am so excited! It will be myself, two nieces (age 10 and 16) and my cousin and her daughter. The concierge offce already emailed me with my preferences! This is our first time at the Polynesian except for breakfasts at the Kona Cafe. We did the Spirit of Aloha show many years ago. I've browsed through the FAQ thread and Tikiman's site too. I can't wait until June! I got the AP rate and it was high! But, I am looking forward to being there! Any suggestions for room numbers? Any other suggestions to get the most out of our stay?

Thanks for your tips!

congrats we are booked there in august for 7 nights in a gv concierge room
i heard from the planning staff the day after i booked and all my adrs are done
they have been amazing

Congratulations and I did the same thing 2 weeks ago! I'm going August 5th through the 12th and I have GVC as well. I'm doing it because I never tried concierge before and I always wanted to stay in the Hawaii building. It's overkill and I probably would be better off staying in Samoa with a Volcano pool view, but what the heck! Let's hope for some pixie dust and that we both get some rooms with good views. I say we hope for an upgrade but that's just wishfull thinking. As long as I get a balcony or patio, I'm fine! Good luck and enjoy your stay! :thumbsup2

Alicnwondrln said:
congrats we are booked there in august for 7 nights in a gv concierge room
i heard from the planning staff the day after i booked and all my adrs are done
they have been amazing

Congrats to you as well. I haven't heard from the planning staff and I think I might be giving someone a call or email real soon. After all it's been two weeks. Any suggestions?

disneyfan67 said:
Congrats to you as well. I haven't heard from the planning staff and I think I might be giving someone a call or email real soon. After all it's been two weeks. Any suggestions?

Did you book through a travel agent? If so, they won't contact you directly. I booked our GV concierge through a travel agent so I contacted the concierge staff myself. Once I did, I heard from them immediately.

We will be gv concierge June 9-14. Anyone else?

We just got off the phone and booked our trip from the 29th of Sept. thru the 3rd of Oct.
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Have a Disney Day pixiedust:

John
:wave:

I booked Poly GVC in February for august 21-28 :banana: through AAA.
How do I contact concierge staff? Is there an email or phone #?
Thanks!

Hey guys just making sure you all saw the free dining promo! It is running August 13-Sept.30th. Check out the codes board for some more details but it looks like some of you are travelling during that time. It was just released today. Good luck!

I'm really excited as well because I also just booked online a GV Concierge at the Poly for late June. :Pinkbounc I must admit I'm having some doubts because we have never spent so much on a single non-suite hotel room before -- I'm still suffering from slight sticker shock seeing the total amount due for 5 nights.

I'd appreciate some help on planning. First, it is my understanding that all rooms in Hawaii have two queen beds, right? Or do we have to make a special request for the second bed? On the other hand, we might not need the second bed since I understand all rooms have a daybed. I'm just trying to figure out whether DS (2) ought to sleep on the second queen or the daybed -- it is not clear to me reading various posts whether a bedrail can be safely used with that daybed. ???

Second, I have always booked our own ADRs on every WDW trip. It seems like all of you who book a concierge room use the concierge to make your ADRs. Why? What is the upside? Because it is not much trouble for me to call and I'm wondering if I should call now to book my ADRs or wait until Concierge contact me or for them to respond to my email (though I haven't emailed them yet because I don't think we're in the system yet).

Third, I understand there is a lounge entrance on the second floor and the third floor, with food served on the second floor and second floor being more quiet. Can you access both floors through an internal stairway (in the lounger) or do you need to exit/enter the lounge on each floor?

Fourth, I read on allearsnet that second floor units do not have balconies. I'm wondering if we ought to request a balcony unit on a different floor or not. The downside I see with a balcony unit during the hot humid summer is the existence of mosquitoes waiting to swoop into our room when we open that door.

Okay, this is really weird. As I'm typing this I noticed a new email arriving in my gmail box. I see the "itinerary planning" reference and thought WOW, concierge is contacting me only an hour after booking online! Then I see that I'm being contacted by the Wilderness Lodge Itinerary Planning Office welcoming me to a stay at the Wilderness Lodge for my dates!!! :sad2: I know I double-checked my Poly resort confirmation. Better go dash of a reply email. Not an impressive start.

We will be staying at the Poly GVC Nov. 5-11th. I can't wait! For anyone who needs the contact email address, it is:

WDW.Polynesian.Island.Planning.Office@disney.com

If they haven't contacted you, send them an email ASAP. I contacted them to introduce myself, and heard back from them within the hour. Since then, we have been in constant contact.
In regards to balconies and room requests, you can either call CRO and have the request added onto your reservation or have IPO do it for you. We requested third floor, I really hope we get it!

Scotch said:
Okay, this is really weird. As I'm typing this I noticed a new email arriving in my gmail box. I see the "itinerary planning" reference and thought WOW, concierge is contacting me only an hour after booking online! Then I see that I'm being contacted by the Wilderness Lodge Itinerary Planning Office welcoming me to a stay at the Wilderness Lodge for my dates!!! :sad2: I know I double-checked my Poly resort confirmation. Better go dash of a reply email. Not an impressive start.

Just FYI, the Wilderness Lodge planning office is in the Polynesian Island Planning Office at the Polynesian so while it is a mistake that needs to be fixed, at least you are talking to the same group of people.

Just for general info. The Poly concierge will e-mail you an Itinerary form for you to fill out. We planned our trip a year ahead of time so we got the Itinerary at a little over 6 months to go. They will help you plan all your special meals or things you want to do! HAVE LOTS OF FUN! We'll be there in October so let us know how it was ok? Helen

Tikiman said:
Just FYI, the Wilderness Lodge planning office is in the Polynesian Island Planning Office at the Polynesian so while it is a mistake that needs to be fixed, at least you are talking to the same group of people.

That clears things up -- they must have hit the wrong button and submitted the wrong form email.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter