I hope neither party is allowed back

I saw that and posted it on the Community board. I hope Disney does know who these two people are and will be on the lookout for them.

This is disgusting and offensive to all of us who have legitimate disabilities. I always offer medical documents when I get my GAC even though they don't ask for it.

I agree. This is blatant abuse of the system and is rude for those that need the shortened wait due to medical reasons. My children would not have been able to enjoy multiple trips with their grandparents on both sides, if the GP's had had to wait for a few hours in the heat in lines, even while sitting in their wheelchairs. We wouldn't have made it more than a few hours each day.

i have seen teenagers in wheelchairs gettting in front of lines then hopping out when its time for the ride. i have a handicap child and wait in line. we do use the GAC when necessary. I think disney may need to start asking for some type of proof of a medical condition as horrible as that sounds.

Can't do that it would be violating a federal law to do so.

All Disney can do is take away the perceived "perks" of a GAC. (You and I both know there is no perk). Every line will be wheelchair accessible and there will be no alternate waiting areas, and the accessible vehicles will be more spaced out.

The problem is if Disney catches the two that are doing it and bans them their no saying others won't do it because it is one of those things what Disney going to do start questioning every single person on a wheelchair. They would get such bad publicity just look at how some cms handle gac so yes Disney could be on the look out but Disney hand are tied kinda because they don't want to make it harder on guest that are not abusing the system. Yes as a pp said if they would make every like main streamed which thereto much has and not send anyone through the fast pass line that would cut down on this problem but my make it impossible for some guest who are not in a wheelchair but have other needs that may make waiting in the regular que impossible. So these people found a way to make money and rip Disney off that would put Disney in a bad spot because thy have to do something because it looks bad on their part and they also have to be carefully on how they prevent this kinda thing because they don't want to make it harder for guest with disabilities who are using the system right.

Despicable! That was in our local paper and I just came to see if anyone had reported it on the boards.

Hoax. It's gotta be a hoax.

The GAC doesn't even work like that. And Disney charges less than $1000 a day for their own private VIP tours. And if you really were "the 1%" why would you feel the need to try and use something like that (even if it existed) instead of staying concierge and booking a private guide through Disney?

Doesn't make any sense at all.

I can confirm this is not the only "company" that offers this disgusting service. We have been trying to "catch" some of "Craig's Friends" who advertise on his local list in the Orlando area, too.

The original publication that ran this story is no better than the National Enquirer. I'm amazed that Fox picked up the story, it's embarrassing for them since there are no cited sources and the story is essentially inflammatory hearsay.

Read the original "story" and you'll see how laughable the whole thing is: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/disney_world_srich_kid_outrage_zTBA0xrvZRkIVc1zItXGDP it's all laughably silly, from an "expert" calling Fastpass a Speedpass to the inflated wait times for It's a Small World.

It also includes many statements we all know are not true, including the wait times for IASW and the ability of most GAC's to be "front of the line" passes - or even the equivalent of a fastpass in many cases - especially if the "guide" in question is using the wheelchair entrance for rides like TSMM.

Anyway, why would any "One Percenter" use this "service" with Disney offering a much better service themselves with the VIP tours?

I think disney may need to start asking for some type of proof of a medical condition as horrible as that sounds.

Quite frankly, it's none of Disney's business why I use a mobility device. Further, who would be the person qualified to determined who is "sick enough" to use a special queue? Further, some people who can walk around on a daily basis (like my partner) can't do the level of walking that a day at Disney requires. This idea would sink like a stone, and it's aggravating to hear constantly.

Finally, the people in this article are laughable. If they wanted to take advantage of the accessible queues that ARE available, the validity of their desire aside, why not rent an ECV themselves instead of hiring someone? That's a logic fail.

I shared this article with a co-worker of mine. I was surprised that her response was, "why pay for that when you can fake a disability with a knee brace and limping." She admitted that she had done this at other amusement parks (she has never been to WDW). She also rides around the grocery store on the scooters because she is too lazy to walk. Should have expected it since she got her doctor to get a handicap permit for her. Some people have no respect for others.

i am 100% a wc user. Never has being in a chair eliminated all waits for me at DW or DL. Some rides yes i get on sooner but others i wait in most of the same que as everyone else. or on rides like haunted mansion they only let 2 wc users on at a time so you wait for them to come off before you can get on. the whole thing is just silly. but given how hard it is for most disabled to get decent jobs, good for them for finding a way to take from the stupid.

The original publication that ran this story is no better than the National Enquirer. I'm amazed that Fox picked up the story, it's embarrassing for them since there are no cited sources and the story is essentially inflammatory hearsay. .....

:confused3

We're talking about FOX news - when did they start letting facts get in the way of a juicy inflammatory story?

:rotfl:

Why would anyone get upset over such a ridiculous fabrication?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter