I Hear Ya!

TheFairyGrandmother

Earning My Ears
I was amazed when I found this forum. I normally don't post, mostly I just read. I want to say that the best way to beat depression is to learn to like yourself. I know. I've just been through about 2 years of it, and am taking medication for it. A cure for depression or at least a respite from it is a trip to Disney World with your daughter and her two daughters. (See Embarrassing My Children on Trip Reports.) One week of no stress, laughter, warm sun, and good times certainly made me realize how much I physically, mentally and emotionally needed a break. For that week I liked me. God bless all who are suffering from depression or recovering from it like me. We need all the help we can get.:flower3:

I am sorry that you have been having to battle such a difficult illness but am glad to hear that you are feeling better.
Spending time with family can be a blessing and it sounds like you had a great time with your daughter and grandchildren.

Sending you a big hug and hoping that things continue to improve for you in the future:hug:

Quasar

:grouphug: Depression is a hard place to be in, but there is much hope. Every day is a hurdle you have passed. One stepping stone at a time.

God bless and hugs and prayers:grouphug:

Thanks for the hugs. Depression sucks. It also shows you who your friends are. Those that give you those special hugs, who listen when you need to let things go, who may not understand all you are going through, but stand beside you when you need them. I am thankful for friends like that, that have meant so much to me. And I am thankful for my daughters who were there when I needed them most. I guess I've suffered with depression most of my life, but it took a real clinical crash to make me get the help I needed. If anyone is going through depression and reading this, my suggestion is to find a good therapist who can guide you and teach you how to cope. It worked for me.:cloud9::rolleyes1

I've just found this thread by chance, in an hour when I feel really down and let down by my family (brother and sister).

I've suffered from depression, at times very severe, for the past 8 years. I thought I'd made progress this summer but certain "family" things have happened /are happening at the moment that are upsetting me. I go into the depths of despair so quickly, I'm here tonight wishing I could just go, run away with my cat and never see anyone i know ever again.

Nobody can help me, I've got to influence things myself either through force of personality to get what i would like (it's not much), or by just turning away/inward. At the moment it's the latter. this is such a sad little post. I know others have such terrible illnesses nd bereavements which make my worries trivial, but at the moment the things that are happening are breaking my heart and there is nobody to comfort me.

Hi Erics mum,

I am sorry to hear that you are having a tough time tonight and glad you felt that you could post here.

It must be very difficult to feel let down by family and I hope that things improve for you.
Don't forget to be kind to YOU, sometimes we need to remember that we need to be taking care of ourselves.

:hug: Feel better soon and I hope things can be resolved between your family.

Quasar

I have been thinking about you since last night. I was in the process of writing you when our power went off. I know from experience that withdrawing only makes things worse. Keep moving forward if you can, one step at a time. Our negative thoughts are our own worst enemy. We have no control over anything or anyone, only ourselves. Take care and know that you are not alone. :grouphug:

I am glad to know that I am not the only Disney fan out here that is struggling with depression.

I suffer from depression, anxiety, and I also have an eating disorder and this has been going on for almost 4 years. It's a constant struggle and everyday I'm in pain. I feel alone sometimes and that no one understands me. It all started when I went away to college. I had some very cruel room mates and they would verbally attack me all of the time. I was failing my classes and i felt like a failure. I ended up dropping out and I got a full time job instead. While things are getting better, I'm still haunted by my past.

Hi Disneygirl,

It sounds like you have had a very difficult 4 years and I hope that knowing you are not alone can give you a little comfort.:hug:
There are lots of people here that are always willing to 'listen' and offer a cyber ear if you want a safe place to chat.

I will never understand why people like your former room mates are so cruel and I am sorry that this experience has had such a terrible impact on your life.
Have you been able to get some help?

Sending you a Koala cuddle from down under:hug:

Quasar

Hi Disneygirl,

It sounds like you have had a very difficult 4 years and I hope that knowing you are not alone can give you a little comfort.:hug:
There are lots of people here that are always willing to 'listen' and offer a cyber ear if you want a safe place to chat.

I will never understand why people like your former room mates are so cruel and I am sorry that this experience has had such a terrible impact on your life.
Have you been able to get some help?

Sending you a Koala cuddle from down under:hug:

Quasar

Hi Quasar,

Yes it has been a few tough years and I am currently getting help...and thank you for the koala cuddle!!! it cheered me up. I've never understood why people are so cruel anyway..we are all humans, we need to feel loved and to feel accepted. I know that someday somewhere someone is out there waiting for me, and that they will love me unconditionally.

hugs from America!!!

Disneygirl

Hi Disneygirl,

I am sure there is someone waiting for you but in the meantime don't forget that you are a wonderful person just as you are and you deserve good things in your life.

Be kind to yourself and take care, I am glad that you have been able to get some help as you work to regain your health.

Thanks for the :hug:

Quasar

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter