I Hear a Rumor… PrincessBetsy is in Walt Disney World–A DCP Dining Review *9/24

After leaving Epcot, I went shopping at Walmart with my roommates. Had to stock up on groceries for the week!

You mean you don't live, breathe, and EAT in disney 24/7?? You have to grocery shop? :rotfl: Now I picture you as more of a "normal" person like me... well, not really since you are a CM and I'm not... but you are shattering my illusions just a bit! :rotfl2:

So you didn't get ice cream at Ghirardelli? I don't think I could have left there to get ice cream somewhere else.

Hmmm, it might have been rich and decadent but fro yo is no substitute for ice cream. Can't beat the free choccy from Ghirardelli (unless it's the peanut butter one and then I politely refuse)

You mean you don't live, breathe, and EAT in disney 24/7?? You have to grocery shop? :rotfl: Now I picture you as more of a "normal" person like me... well, not really since you are a CM and I'm not... but you are shattering my illusions just a bit! :rotfl2:

Mickey usually provides us with food, but he was slacking last week. Good thing I was there to help him. :lmao:

So you didn't get ice cream at Ghirardelli? I don't think I could have left there to get ice cream somewhere else.

Nope, they didn't have any soft serve. Next time I'm in DTD I'll definitely be having ice cream there though.

Hmmm, it might have been rich and decadent but fro yo is no substitute for ice cream. Can't beat the free choccy from Ghirardelli (unless it's the peanut butter one and then I politely refuse)

I completely agree. Frozen yogurt will never be as good as ice cream. Love those free chocolates!

You mean to tell us that you left the "Disney Bubble" :lmao:

Shocking, eh? :rotfl:

Plaza Ice Cream Parlour – June 26th

You might recall earlier that I mentioned a new sundae at the Plaza. I am pleased to tell you that I finally had a chance to try it… in the name of research of course. ;)

IMG_0787.jpg

IMG_0675.jpg

The Revised Menu:
IMG_0677.jpg

All-American Sundae – Old-fashioned vanilla and chocolate ice cream with hot fudge, peanut butter drizzle, whipped cream, and a cherry:
IMG_0680.jpg

IMG_0679.jpg

My roommate joined me in the festivities and also ordered one. We took our ice cream outside and enjoyed it in the little alley way on Main Street:
IMG_0682.jpg

IMG_0683.jpg

This was INCREDIBLE. There is a ton of hot fudge and peanut butter, so much that it began dripping over the edge. Quite messy, but ridiculously delicious. :cloud9: I love the presentation too, don’t you?

Darn the Plaza and its ability to eat my paycheck…
jack.jpg

Your research was well conducted!! :rotfl: I have to admit that I'm not a fan of chocolate ice cream but everything else about that sundae sounds outstanding. Love the little chocolate/pb morsels.

Wow, that sundae looks awesome! The peanut butter and fudge combo reminds me of the No Way Jose at Beaches & Cream (I've never had it, but it seems to be a favorite), so I can only imagine that this sundae is going to become very popular. :thumbsup2

mmmmmm!!! That ice cream looks great & def. never saw a review of it yet!!! I'm getting that!!

Oh wow I want that sundae, it looks delicous and you picked the perfect spot to sit and enjoy it :cloud9:

That Ice Cream brought some thoughts to my mind: OMG-yummy and then the word sticky popped in my mind (the mommy in me)

but is added to our let's eat list for next month!

I'm subbing in! Program looks so wonderful! I have always wished to work at Disney! Cannot wait to hear about all the yummy food and treats! :cool1:

Subscribing to this thread. Seeing threads like yours make me want to do a Dining report for my trip next week. Look forward to more of your on site reports about dining.

MmmMMMmm ice cream looks SOOO good!!! And do I see that you can get one for a SNACK CREDIT?!? I'm so there!

Your research was well conducted!! :rotfl: I have to admit that I'm not a fan of chocolate ice cream but everything else about that sundae sounds outstanding. Love the little chocolate/pb morsels.

Well thank you! There isn't too much chocolate ice cream, just a small scoop on top.

Wow, that sundae looks awesome! The peanut butter and fudge combo reminds me of the No Way Jose at Beaches & Cream (I've never had it, but it seems to be a favorite), so I can only imagine that this sundae is going to become very popular. :thumbsup2

I would love to try the No Way Jose - everyone always raves about it. I'm sure it probably tastes very similar.

mmmmmm!!! That ice cream looks great & def. never saw a review of it yet!!! I'm getting that!!

Yes! Definitely a good decision. :thumbsup2

Oh wow I want that sundae, it looks delicous and you picked the perfect spot to sit and enjoy it :cloud9:

It was darn tasty. I don't think there is anything better than ice cream on Main Street.

The things one must do for "research" Looks yummy.

It was very difficult, let me tell you ;)

I want ice cream now! :confused3

:lmao: Me too.

That Ice Cream brought some thoughts to my mind: OMG-yummy and then the word sticky popped in my mind (the mommy in me)

but is added to our let's eat list for next month!

The yummy definitely outweighs the sticky. It is so good!

I'm subbing in! Program looks so wonderful! I have always wished to work at Disney! Cannot wait to hear about all the yummy food and treats! :cool1:

Thanks for joining in! I love working at Disney; such a great opportunity. :goodvibes

Subscribing to this thread. Seeing threads like yours make me want to do a Dining report for my trip next week. Look forward to more of your on site reports about dining.

Thank you!! You should definitely do a dining review. They are so much fun to write.

MmmMMMmm ice cream looks SOOO good!!! And do I see that you can get one for a SNACK CREDIT?!? I'm so there!

Yes indeedy! Since it is under $5 it is available as a snack credit. Such a great deal!

How's the DCP going? Hope all is well and that life in the bubble of WDW is wonderful and amazing! :goodvibes

Princess Betsy, how is the food review coming along. We were there last week. My DD and I were going to look for you last Tuesday. It started to rain, lightning was really bad and they shut the rides down so we left. I will have to look for you next time. My DD said that if you like cheese cake and strawberries, you need to go to Ghiradelli. They have the best strawberrie cheese cake ice cream. Can't wait for more reviews.

How's the DCP going? Hope all is well and that life in the bubble of WDW is wonderful and amazing! :goodvibes

It's fantastic! Everything is truly magical and wonderful here at WDW. :goodvibes

Princess Betsy, how is the food review coming along. We were there last week. My DD and I were going to look for you last Tuesday. It started to rain, lightning was really bad and they shut the rides down so we left. I will have to look for you next time. My DD said that if you like cheese cake and strawberries, you need to go to Ghiradelli. They have the best strawberrie cheese cake ice cream. Can't wait for more reviews.

Aw! I was working last Tuesday - that was one crazy storm! I don't blame you at all for leaving... I would have too if I weren't working. And yum!!! That sounds so good; I'll definitely be trying that next time I'm at DTD. Tell your daughter thanks for the suggestion! I'm working on my next review; should be up shortly! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter