I Hear a Rumor… PrincessBetsy is in Walt Disney World–A DCP Dining Review *9/24

Yesterday was the best day of work ever. Why? Because I had some very special people visit me yesterday: Brenda and DonaldDoleWhip!!! I was so excited to finally meet you both; I just wish I could have spent more time with you. You guys definitely made my night!! :goodvibes I wish you both the best of vacations and hopefully I'll see you again soon! :hug:

In dining news: I just made reservations for the 3D Dessert Discovery during the Food and Wine Festival and for Be Our Guest restaurant on November 19th (opening day) at 5:00. My family is coming down, so they will get to experience Be Our Guest with me. I am excited beyond words!

I wish you all a magical day! :wizard:

How exciting that you will be at Be Our Guest on opening day!!! You lucky duck! And it's equally as exciting that you got to meet Brenda and Donalddolewhip :woohoo: I plan to meet Brenda next week on Thursday when we both have breakfast ADRs at CRT. My DD and I will be there next Monday, one week from today! I'm a faithful reader of your blog so if you list your work schedule I will see it and make sure that we stop by! Perhaps if I hold up my sausage you'll know who I am. :lmao:

And of course I have to mention the food - that pork chop at Sunshine Seasons looks wonderful! That might be on my list for one of the meals where I do not have an ADR (and there aren't many! :rotfl2:)

I'm back home now - Sunday night was really fun! It was so cool meeting you, and that was definitely my wettest ride on Splash Mountain ever. :laughing:

And I'm so happy to hear you'll be trying BOG on its opening day! That's going to be such a memorable meal, and it's great that your family will be able to enjoy it with you. I can't wait to hear about the experience. :goodvibes

Sunshine Seasons is fab
We love the strawberry shortcake :cloud9:
I highly recommend the Behind The Seeds Tour, it's not too expensive and a lot of fun :thumbsup2

I'll definitely be sure to check that out next time. I'm glad you enjoyed the tour; I think I'll definitely do it sometime (plus we get a discount :thumbsup2)

Betsy, I have to agree about Sunshine Seasons. We ordered the orange chicken and it was OK the jasmine rice was delicious. The portion size was not great (smallest serving we had all vacation). Usually three of us can share two lunch meals. Not at Sunshine Seasons everyone had to have their own. Now the dessert on the other hand was worth a trip in itself. BTW we ate there the first week of July.

Your waffles from Roaring Forks look good. Even though I do not like waffles:rotfl:.

Looking forward to more reviews. Brenda should be there by now, hope yall enjoy your visit.

I'm glad we see eye-to-eye on the portion size. My family normally shares food too, but I know there's no way we could have shared that and been sufficiently fed. The desserts there are amazing! And yes!!! I finally got to meet Brenda - so exciting!

We rode Living with the Land for the first time last trip. I can't believe I'd never done it before. Absolutely loved it. I can't wait to go again in October. Not sure we'll get to do the Behind the Seeds tour this time, but it one tour I'm definitely interested in doing.

I love that attraction! It's so interesting. I'll let you know how the tour is once I do it.

How exciting that you will be at Be Our Guest on opening day!!! You lucky duck! And it's equally as exciting that you got to meet Brenda and Donalddolewhip :woohoo: I plan to meet Brenda next week on Thursday when we both have breakfast ADRs at CRT. My DD and I will be there next Monday, one week from today! I'm a faithful reader of your blog so if you list your work schedule I will see it and make sure that we stop by! Perhaps if I hold up my sausage you'll know who I am. :lmao:

And of course I have to mention the food - that pork chop at Sunshine Seasons looks wonderful! That might be on my list for one of the meals where I do not have an ADR (and there aren't many! :rotfl2:)

I know, I'm beyond excited! I know a lot of people (including my managers) tried to call and were on hold for an hour. Not sure how I got so lucky! That's awesome that you'll be here too! I'll post my schedule, so we can hopefully meet up! :goodvibes

I'm back home now - Sunday night was really fun! It was so cool meeting you, and that was definitely my wettest ride on Splash Mountain ever. :laughing:

And I'm so happy to hear you'll be trying BOG on its opening day! That's going to be such a memorable meal, and it's great that your family will be able to enjoy it with you. I can't wait to hear about the experience. :goodvibes

:rotfl: I do apologize for all the splash you had. I definitely wasn't expecting it to downpour as much as it did. I'm really glad I got to meet you! It was awesome :goodvibes Let me know when you're back in the area!

Beaches and Cream – July 26th

I adore this quaint little soda shop.
IMG_1062.jpg

IMG_1063.jpg

After ordering, we were all given these little bowls.
IMG_1064.jpg

Yup… that only means one thing. The Kitchen Sink!

IMG_1065.jpg

IMG_1066.jpg

IMG_1067.jpg

My friend from work is allergic to peanuts (among many other things), so we omitted the peanut butter sauce and the small peanuts on top. There were 8 of us in total and we made quick work of all this ice cream deliciousness.

IMG_1070.jpg

The Kitchen Sink is a great thing to try and eat with four or more people. It’s quite impressive and wonderfully delicious. I’ll definitely be back here to eat “real” food, in addition to a smaller sized sundae…
jack.jpg

I'd love to try the kitchen sink someday but usually its just me and DH so I'm not sure if we could really do it justice.

Oh, and I can't wait for your review of Be Our Guest! I was able to get a reservation for dinner on the day we run the half marathon in January so I hope it lives up to expectations!

I'd so love to order the kitchen sink but it's always just me and DH
I need to ask random strangers to join us !!!

Congrats on BOG! That's great. Cant wait to read your review.

Alsolooking forward to hearing about the Dessert party. We thought about it but since we are doing Deluxe Dining...I think it might be a bit much.

:rotfl: I do apologize for all the splash you had. I definitely wasn't expecting it to downpour as much as it did. I'm really glad I got to meet you! It was awesome :goodvibes Let me know when you're back in the area!
Definitely! It was so fun, and I'll let you know if I'm back anytime soon. :)

And the Kitchen Sink looks awesome. I've never ordered it (since the largest party size I've ever eaten there with is 4, and we definitely weren't prepared to handle it), but it's on my list for one day! It's so fun sitting in B&C and watching the sirens go off as a CM announces it to the entire restaurant. :laughing:

I love that attraction! It's so interesting. I'll let you know how the tour is once I do it.

That's one of our favorite rides... DD loves to check out the garden since we have a garden at home. The tour is FUN... we did it last December, and it's quite informative.

Yesterday was the best day of work ever. Why? Because I had some very special people visit me yesterday: Brenda and DonaldDoleWhip!!! I was so excited to finally meet you both; I just wish I could have spent more time with you. You guys definitely made my night!! :goodvibes I wish you both the best of vacations and hopefully I'll see you again soon! :hug:

In dining news: I just made reservations for the 3D Dessert Discovery during the Food and Wine Festival and for Be Our Guest restaurant on November 19th (opening day) at 5:00. My family is coming down, so they will get to experience Be Our Guest with me. I am excited beyond words!

I wish you all a magical day! :wizard:

How cool is that to meet fellow disers?!?:) You are a lucky girl to be working down there, I SO wish I would have done this.

I will be ready for the BOG review!! If you can include pricing & how everything works since you'll be the 1st to know!!!:woohoo:

On your recent review
Roaring Fork: what a find!!! Thanks for that. Seems like THE place for mickey waffles.
SS,you & Paula Deen: just hooked up my pork chops that I have defrosting..thanks!! I'm so making this TONIGHT!!
Living w/ the land ride: We LOVE it too. I actually get hungry on that ride every single time!! The tomatoes...mmmm.
:duck::rotfl2::thumbsup2

My Birthday Bash at the Crystal Palace – July 31st

Well guys, I officially feel old now; I turned 22 on the 31st of July. What better place to spend a birthday then the Magic Kingdom? I went with four of my roommates for a day full of fun shenanigans and certainly plenty of delicious food. Unfortunately one of my roommates had to work, so she couldn’t join us. Where did we go for lunch, you ask? Well one of my absolute favorite places: Crystal Palace.

IMG_1117.jpg

IMG_1115.jpg

IMG_1078.jpg

IMG_1116.jpg

IMG_1114.jpg

IMG_1113.jpg

We checked in around 11:30, so the restaurant was fairly quite throughout our whole meal. As you can see it was packed on our way out.

Our pixie dusted table:
IMG_1076.jpg

I had lemonade to drink:
IMG_1085.jpg

Yay for free drinks!

I started off with salad, a roll, and potato salad. I figured I would be healthy and douse my lettuce with plenty of ranch dressing. I just love the ranch dressing here… it is amazing.
IMG_1084.jpg

Here is my second plate:
IMG_1095.jpg

Clockwise from top: basmati rice, macaroni and cheese, chicken tenders, garlic mashed potatoes, spoonbread, multigrain roll with a cute butter ball, flank steak

Woah now. This was fantastic delciousness on a plate. The steak was incredible – very tender and melt in your mouth, the mac and cheese was creamy and luscious – definitely worthy of Andrew’s approval, the spoonbread was amazing – which was definitely shocking for me, since I don’t like corn that much. Oh yes, and the multigrain roll was much better than the first; and yes, I did use all that butter on a single roll.

During our meal, the characters came by to visit us:

IMG_1102.jpg

IMG_1089.jpg

IMG_1081.jpg

IMG_1079.jpg

Aw, so adorable! There is fantastic character interaction here; all four spent plenty of time at our table and we all received lots of hugs and kisses. Tigger was so excited it was my birthday! He kept bouncing up and down and twirled me around; he’s my favorite.

Here are some pictures of all of us:

IMG_1111.jpg

IMG_1110.jpg

And then it was time for dessert.
IMG_1104.jpg

Clockwise from top: raspberry cake, vanilla flan, espresso mousse, german chocolate cake, cheesecake, strawberry jellyrolls, chocolate hazelnut canolli, chocolate chip cookie

I also had bread pudding and a banana cream tart:
IMG_1105.jpg

IMG_1109.jpg

I admit, I seemed to have gone a tad overboard here. Everything here was absolutely heavenly… My favorites were the bread pudding, chocolate hazelnut canolli, german chocolate cake, and the jellyrolls. I didn’t really care for the espresso mousse; I don’t like coffee and the flavor was very strong. To tell you all the truth, I actually ate everything on my plate.

As if I weren’t already stuffed, our kind server brought me a birthday cupcake!
IMG_1106.jpg

IMG_1107.jpg

This was one incredible meal. It was $28 per person for lunch, which isn’t too bad considering the amount of food we all ate. Crystal Palace is one of my favorite places to eat because of the amazing food and great character interaction…
jack.jpg

After we rolled ourselves out the door, we rode a few attractions, including space mountain (poor life decision). We then caught the Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade and the Mad Hatter and Prince Naveen both wished me a happy birthday. Afterwards we headed towards Main Street, so I could catch the Dapper Dans. They were incredibly kind and sang me a birthday song! I love these guys, especially the one in red.
IMG_1123.jpg

As if I hadn’t had enough sweet for one day, I decided to grab a Mickey Bar on our way out. Just couldn’t resist mates.
IMG_1128.jpg

IMG_1129.jpg

Next up: Whispering Canyon

Happy Birthday!

I do like Crystal Palace although I've always done breakfast.

Jill in CO

I'd love to try the kitchen sink someday but usually its just me and DH so I'm not sure if we could really do it justice.

Oh, and I can't wait for your review of Be Our Guest! I was able to get a reservation for dinner on the day we run the half marathon in January so I hope it lives up to expectations!

That would be quite a challenge with two people. Just remember that I'm here if you need additional reinforcements! I'm so pumped for BOG! I really can't wait to eat there.

I'd so love to order the kitchen sink but it's always just me and DH
I need to ask random strangers to join us !!!

No need to ask random strangers! I'll gladly help you conquer it!

Congrats on BOG! That's great. Cant wait to read your review.

Alsolooking forward to hearing about the Dessert party. We thought about it but since we are doing Deluxe Dining...I think it might be a bit much.

Thanks! I'm so excited for BOG and the dessert part. I'm sure they will both be outstanding.

Definitely! It was so fun, and I'll let you know if I'm back anytime soon. :)

And the Kitchen Sink looks awesome. I've never ordered it (since the largest party size I've ever eaten there with is 4, and we definitely weren't prepared to handle it), but it's on my list for one day! It's so fun sitting in B&C and watching the sirens go off as a CM announces it to the entire restaurant. :laughing:

Yes indeed! If you're back here sometime I'll be more than willing to help you out with the Kitchen Sink! :thumbsup2

That's one of our favorite rides... DD loves to check out the garden since we have a garden at home. The tour is FUN... we did it last December, and it's quite informative.

I'm definitely going to have to do this tour. Perhaps within the next few weeks.

How cool is that to meet fellow disers?!?:) You are a lucky girl to be working down there, I SO wish I would have done this.

I will be ready for the BOG review!! If you can include pricing & how everything works since you'll be the 1st to know!!!:woohoo:

On your recent review
Roaring Fork: what a find!!! Thanks for that. Seems like THE place for mickey waffles.
SS,you & Paula Deen: just hooked up my pork chops that I have defrosting..thanks!! I'm so making this TONIGHT!!
Living w/ the land ride: We LOVE it too. I actually get hungry on that ride every single time!! The tomatoes...mmmm.
:duck::rotfl2::thumbsup2

I will provide you with all the information! I honestly can't wait until november. I hope your pork chops turned out! It's one of those go-to recipes in our house.

Happy belated birthday. Mine was 5 days before yours. I turned 42 so you're not allowed to say you feel old. If I'm not old, then you can't be old either.

Happy belated birthday. Mine was 5 days before yours. I turned 42 so you're not allowed to say you feel old. If I'm not old, then you can't be old either.

Funny, I will be 42 in 5 days. Agreed...42 is not old, so no way anything younger is either! Happy Birthday to all of us! :goodvibes

Two things- your second pic plate is missing:goodvibes It is just a picture of the front of Crystal Palace.

And I LOVE that pink striped dress you are wearing!!! it is super cute. Where is it from??

Happy belated birthday :cheer2:
I can't think of a better way of spending it .... At the Magic Kingdom with good friends and great food :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter