I haven't abandoned you all

piratesmate

<font color=red>Drah-gun! I don't do that tongue t
I haven't been online for a few days because my computer was unplugged. Can you say WITHDRAWAL?!?!? :rotfl2:

I'm in the midst of attempting to pack up my desk and scrap area so the landlord can fix a wall, paint & replace our carpet. Our living room opens into the dining room so both rooms must be done at the same time. The neighbor who shares the house is moving out & we have to pack up both rooms & move them to the other side. (This is an old farmhouse with doors between the 2 sides that we just keep locked.)

Anyway I've gotten far enough now that I can at least plug the computer back in for a few days.

But I'll be gone again the beginning of next week. DD will be at the hospital all day trying a new (to her) treatment for these migraines. (She's had the current one since Sept '06!)

We'll be home at night, but I don't know if I'll get here or not. We have to be at the hospital by 8am, which means leaving here by 6 due to rush hour traffic. Then she'll be sent home around 3:30 or 4, which puts us in rush hour again. I'm thinking we'll all be pretty shot by the time we get back here.

So have fun while I'm gone! :teeth:

Good luck with DD's treatment. I hope they are finally successful for her!

Good luck with DD's treatments.. I hope they go well and she gets some relieve!!!

We'll behave... Buffy has that naughty mat ready to go at a moments notice and you know we don't let anything collect cob-webs around here! LOL

Your poor daughter. Hopefully her procedure will ease the pain.

Our thoughts will be with you both.:hug:

I hope your DD finds relief. And as PN96 said, BAMB will keep us in line with the naughty mat!

:hug: :wizard: coming your way, hope they can finally help your DD.

Good Luck with your DD, She deserves some relief, hopefully this time will help!!

good luck with everything deb. we will be thinking about all of you.
:grouphug: :flower3:

Thanks everyone! Today was a real killer. :(

The short version is:
- up at 5:45 (OMG! :rolleyes:)
- sat in horrendous traffic (accident 2 hrs earlier closed the road)
- waited a REALLY long time for the doctor (meeting) in a room with new carpets (I'm allergic to carpet dyes & glue)
- had DD crying because they used DHE (had it before & it did nothing but makes her feel AWFUL!) & they wouldn't let me in with her but gave her no warning - went over like a lead balloon
- froze in the waiting room, sitting in the most uncomfortable chairs ever!
- sat through another traffic jam on the way home
- got home at 6, did dinner, stopped in here & now am ready for bed

All of that & poor DD got no relief whatsoever despite a cocktail of at least 4 different drugs. Tomorrow AM they'll review what she had & tweak it. She's already told me she's going to tell him "No DHE!" but I can't imagine that's going to fly with him. :headache:

And the best part is we get to do it all again Tues & Weds! And joy of joys, traffic will be worse because it won't be a holiday. *sigh* :rolleyes:

Deb, I am sorry to hear that. Your poor daughter, and poor you. As a mom, I know you would rather be going thru what she is going thru instead of it being her.

How did today go?:hug:

Hi - we just got back about 15 minutes ago.

The good news is:
- At one point today DD's pain level was only a 2 out of 10! :teeth:
- They skipped the DHE today after she burst into tears & told the doctor "I can't do it again. It hits me too hard. Isn't there ANY thing else you can use?" The doctor looked nonplussed for a second & went to talk to his supervisor. They replaced it with a steroid & Depacote.

The bad news:
- She had a reaction to something, but they don't know what. We're so late getting home because her blood pressure dropped, her heart rate went up & she was severely dizzy...of course this was only AFTER they'd removed the IV line. After talking to the doctor, the had to reset the line & gave her fluids. So we had to wait until they'd pushed through another bag of fluid - she was NOT a happy camped! She was desparate to leave by that time.

And all of that made the pain go back up to a 5 again. Of course that's better than the 10 it was at yesterday.

So we got back one more time and hopefully they can make some adjustments to the meds & have the relief last! :thumbsup2

I hope they can make the final adjustments. I know what it is like to have a child with severe headaches and it is not easy for anyone.

Rebecca

My heart goes out to you and your DD! It is not fun having a child in pain! I pray they can find relief for her.

i'm so sorry she has to go through all this. it's just not fair. here's hoping they figure out how to take her out of pain soon.
sending lots of love,hugs, prayers and pixie dust right your way.
:love: :hug: :grouphug: :wizard:

So glad to hear that they sound closer to finding something that will work but so sorry about the reaction. I so hope that they will be able to figure out what to do for her pain. I am praying for both of you for resolution. :hug:

Oh, Deb, what an ordeal for both of you. I wish we could ease your stress some. Unfortunately, I can only send more cyberhugs.:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter