I Have No Impulse Control - Last Minute Easter Weekend Trip - Update 4/23 (La Hacienda)

Introduction & Initial Plans

8Tg7i1M.jpg

Dis_Yoda & Mr. Dis_Yoda

I'm a 28 Year Old who lives in Southwest Florida. During my past year of Disney Trips, I had a lot of focus on running and training for those races. The other trips in the time had a lot focused on other people with friends joining us or a Disney Wedding I attended so I was wanting to make sure they were having a good time. While all those trips were fun, I was more than ready to have trip where the only person I have to worry about is myself or my husband.

About two weeks ago, I almost booked a last minute weekend trip for that weekend. It is a good thing I didn't as I got called into work on my Friday off.

The past couple days as outside stress factors kept building, the pull to have a mini vacation kept growing. My husband told me to go alone as he'll be working a lot the next few days anyway as he just finished having 9 days off to eat up the rest of his vacation time before his vacation rolled over on April 1st. I finally pulled the trigger this afternoon & booked.

I know it is going to be really busy but with FP+ & just general goals for decompression, I should be all set!

So onto the plans...

April 2nd
4:00PM - Leave Work
7:00PM - Arrive @ Disney if traffic doesn't hate me, check into All Stars (which I hate but I wasn't going to spend $1000 on a hotel for 3 nights)
8:00PM - Dinner @ Territory Lounge or The Wave Bar

April 3rd
Breakfast: Sunshine Seasons
Lunch: Flower & Garden Outdoor Kitchens
Dinner: Trader Sam's (I plan on getting in line at 3:00PM & sitting for a while)

April 4th
Breakfast: Be Our Guest
Lunch: TBD
Dinner: La Hacienda de San Angel

April 5th

Breakfast: TBD if I go to the park or drive home in the morning

3:00PM: Easter Dinner w/ Husband @ Bravo! (Naples)

Last edited:
Can't wait for your reviews! We're going next month, so very much looking forward to you opinions on the F&G food booths.

Can't wait to hear about the food booths and Trader Sam's. Hope you have a relaxing weekend!!

Sounds like a blast! Good for you getting a BOG ressie. I find they are easier to get the closer a trip gets :)

Can't wait for your reviews! We're going next month, so very much looking forward to you opinions on the F&G food booths.

Thank you for joining in! I'm excited to get to have some time to enjoy F&G at my own pace. My husband & I will be at F&G/Star Wars Weekends in May but I have a feeling we'll be enjoying more Star Wars than Flowers.

Can't wait to hear about the food booths and Trader Sam's. Hope you have a relaxing weekend!!

Thank you! So far off to a great start - I finally was able to do some things that I never get to do on other trips, my standard view room was upgraded to premium at All Stars & all my room requests were granted despite only booking 2 days prior. Can't wait for the booths for lunch & some Tiki drinks for dinner!

I'm in! :daisy:

Terri

Welcome!

Sounds like a blast! Good for you getting a BOG ressie. I find they are easier to get the closer a trip gets :)

It should be a good time! I was a little shocked I was still able to get a BOG reservation only a handful of days out but there is a Bourbon Donut calling my name Saturday morning!

Territory Lounge

I was able to get out of work a little earlier than planned & surprisingly didn't hit too much traffic on I-75 & I-4 outside of some congestion right when I got onto I-4. I was at All Stars Movies shortly after 6PM & was checked in. All my room requests were granted & I went to put my luggage into my room in Toy Story & was shocked at how close I was to the main building. As I had decided to go to Magic Kingdom after my meal, I headed to the bus to hop on whatever one next showed up & transfer to a Wilderness Lodge bus at that stop. My bus karma was really good! Animal Kingdom immediately rolled up & when we arrived at Animal Kingdom, Wilderness Lodge's bus was already there boarding so I got to the Lodge in less than 20 minutes.

Walking into Territory Lounge, I was actually a little shocked at how dead it was, especially given its spring break/Easter weekend. I took a seat at the bar and looked at the menu:

kIR7aLf.jpg

It didn't take long for me to decide what I wanted as it was the main reason for enjoying this place.

I did change my mind on having wine & went for something a little stronger.

4tirE76.jpg

Ultimate Long Island

My Long Island was exactly what I needed to start off this trip correctly!

It took about 15 minutes for my food to arrive but that wasn't a bother as I was chatting with the bartender and wait staff as it really was dead. (Only about 4 other parties in there) The only bad thing about it taking so long is I had to order a second drink - this time the craft wheat beer on tap that I have no idea what it actually was.

qxDLort.jpg
ge5Stll.jpg

Pinot Gris Fondue

I was really looking forward to this fondue & it didn't disappoint. The cheese had a nice flavor to it that worked really well with the large amount of apples and bread. There were also a good amount of dried apricots in there. I found that the amount of goodies in the basket was about the right amount to enjoy all of the fondue with very little left overs.

This was a great quick dinner & very reasonably priced - only $28.90 after my Tables in Wonderland Discount. This type of meal seems perfect for arrival evenings where you know its going to be too risky to make an ADR.​

Your trip to Territory Lounge looks great. Love your starting drink to the trip, why have wine when you can go all in with long island ice tea ; ) And that fondue looks amazing. It's been on my list to try for a while, but unlike you the lounge has always been too crowded for us to eat there. One of these days...

I'm with Kari, I've always wanted to try the fondue. The way you describe it's a must for next month. Oh, and Long Islands are a favorite of mine. Your whole meal sounds perfect.

You've inspired me to change my plans! I had a dinner at Kona planned which I wasn't too excited about. I think we're going to nosh around the MK resorts, try to hit Territory, Top of the World and maybe Mizner's.

Hope the crowds stay low for you - cannot wait to hear about F&G and the what I assume will be our new fave drinking spot in the Poly! Have a great time!

Yum! I have heard nothing but good things about the fondue at the Territory Lounge. I like your style kicking off the vacay with a Long Island!!

Your trip to Territory Lounge looks great. Love your starting drink to the trip, why have wine when you can go all in with long island ice tea ; ) And that fondue looks amazing. It's been on my list to try for a while, but unlike you the lounge has always been too crowded for us to eat there. One of these days...

It was a great meal! The long island was perfect to start the trip off right and start shedding the bad mojo of stress away!

I was talking to another one of the bartenders later this trip as it also was an empty lounge that usually is very crowded - her input is that Easter is such a family holiday that the lounges are pretty much dead as people are spending more time with family than at the bars. There were also no major sporting events going on. She said it was usual for this time of year.

Hopefully you can get there one day!

I'm with Kari, I've always wanted to try the fondue. The way you describe it's a must for next month. Oh, and Long Islands are a favorite of mine. Your whole meal sounds perfect.

It was a perfect meal! I was very happy with the selections there.

You've inspired me to change my plans! I had a dinner at Kona planned which I wasn't too excited about. I think we're going to nosh around the MK resorts, try to hit Territory, Top of the World and maybe Mizner's.

Noshing around the MK resorts is such a great way to have a meal, although it can get a little expensive. I've never been too impressed with Kona outside of their potstickers. When I went there in December as a last minute dinner, it just was bleh. Mizner's is my favorite lounge at the MK area resorts - Tammy is a great bartender! You can't go wrong there.

Hope the crowds stay low for you - cannot wait to hear about F&G and the what I assume will be our new fave drinking spot in the Poly! Have a great time!

The crowds were what I expected them to be. Thank goodness for FP+ for being able to get on some of the big rides. I ended up changing my main plans for the day as I needed to get out of Magic Kingdom once 9AM hit as I knew if I stayed much longer, I would snap. Flower & Garden is so much fun as is Trader Sam's. This trip was exactly what I needed for a recharge!

Your drink and fondue look amazing! Hope you are having an amazing day!

Thank you :) This trip was pretty much perfect. I did some things different than normal this trip which was fun, although I think my legs are as sore as they were after the Princess Half because of the amount of walking I ended up doing each day (20 & 23 miles)

Yum! I have heard nothing but good things about the fondue at the Territory Lounge. I like your style kicking off the vacay with a Long Island!!

The fondue is so good! Such a great meal when you don't want large portions! I enjoy them only at Disney World - at home the pull for being socially responsible stops me from drinking them.

World Premiere Food Court

When I woke up naturally at 7AM, I was hungry! Having had only the fondue & alcohol the night before & then walking around Magic Kingdom for 4 hours meant I was running on empty. I decided to skip eating at Sunshine Seasons & just eat at the food court at All Star Movies.

I didn't want to eat a large breakfast so I got a water and side portions of bacon & a biscuit.

CAKdjJ1.jpg

Side of Bacon & Biscuit

One of these days, I will really learn my lesson & never order quick service bacon. It really isn't that good as its tough & chewy, kinda like shoe leather.

I thought I would at least do ok with the Biscuit.

Nope.

I even tried microwaving it for 15 seconds to try to soften it but that didn't work. It was hard and unflavorful. Most of it would end up in the trash.

While this meal was a complete miss, at least I got to use my Tables in Wonderland Discount so I wasn't horrible put out for it as it was less than $5 for it all. I also knew I would be able to eat a lot at the Outdoor Kitchens once I arrived in EPCOT.​

Joffrey's Coffee Cart

I was in need of a caffeine pick me up not long after arriving at EPCOT.

PQg4lcv.jpg

Chocolate Stout Latte (Iced)

It was ok. I'm really more a Starbucks girl but it was something different than what I normally drink for cold coffee beverages.​

Outdoor Kitchen: Fleur De Lys

I was ready in France for when the Outdoor Kitchens opened at 11:00AM.

First in line, I quickly ordered & was given both of my items & I headed to one of the tables by the water to enjoy them.

xcBN8kj.jpg

Confit de Canard, Pommes de Terre Sarladaise (Pulled Duck Confit w/ Garlic & Parsley Potatoes)
Kir Imperial (Sparkling Wine, Chambord Black Raspberry Liquor)

I really liked the pulled duck! It was so tender and flavorful. The potatoes were a lost cause. They had the texture of an overcooked gratin & went promptly into the trash, which honestly is ok as that meant there would more room in my stomach to enjoy more of the goodies.

The Kir Imperial was refreshing. I went with this over the Frozen Slush as I wanted to be able to walk with it & not spill my beverage. I was able to succeed in that endeavor ;)

That duck looks and sounds delicious. Too bad the potatoes were a bust. That drink sounds interesting. Don't think I've ever heard of champagne and chambord together.

That duck looks and sounds delicious. Too bad the potatoes were a bust. That drink sounds interesting. Don't think I've ever heard of champagne and chambord together.

It was delicious! Duck is one of my favorite proteins to have but I hate trying to cook it at home as the duck I can get from my stores here are all super frozen. Kir Imperials are nice - I've had it a few times before in France. The champagne & Chambord go nicely together, although they usually tend to do those types of drinks with lesser quality champagne.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter