I have never bee SO DISGUSTED with Member Services!

Call your DVC guide to ask how you will get your vip fastpasses. We also couldnt go to SS to get our add on passes, so our guide had them sent to the front desk at our resort. MS is really customer service, so sometimes folks say the wrong thing or screw up. Best wishes that it all works out!

I'll start by saying that I don't think anybody in this thread was being disrespectful or insensitive, which was actually nice to see. The fact of the matter is that none of us were on that call. From the transcript alone it is difficult to ascertain whether the rep had an "attitude", whether the OP was less than pleasant, or both or neither. We simply don't know.

What I will say is that every once and awhile threads like these pop up where people are disappointed by "less than Disney" levels of customer service. Although I'm not saying that it is the case in this instance, I will say that I think there is a large disconnect for some guests between their expectations of cast members and what is realistically likely to occur. Cast members like the ones in this case work in a call center. And even if it is Disney, it is still a call center and has the environment that one would expect a call center to have. I don't think it's realistic to have the same expectations of a call center employee as it is to have from the cast member serving food inside of Cinderella's castle. Would it be nice? Sure. But I'm not so sure it's realistic. Now, I agree that it is not acceptable for cast members to treat guests rudely. But I think the baseline we should be expecting from any large corporation (that includes Disney) is polite interaction. The cast members that go the extra mile that we read about so often are what make Disney special. But to expect every single Disney cast member to provide that level of service is, in my opinion, setting oneself up for disappointment. And frequently it can lead to situations like the OP, where "good" customer service is labeled as "bad" customer service simply because it wasn't "magical" customer service.

I am really disappointed at most of you for taking an attitude with the OP.
I did not see much in the way of "an attitude" in this thread. People have disagreed with the OP about whether or not the MS rep was or was not reasonable. But, it is possible to disagree with someone without "scolding".

I am really disappointed at most of you for taking an attitude with the OP. She was trying to tell us that she experienced something she found unpleasant. Yes, the CM is not expected to have all the answers, but she is expected to be nice, and to make suggestions where she didn't have all the information (talk to sales or dining.) Maybe the OP's expectations of MS was too high, but she probably also expects friendly service from the DIS boards, not a scolding.

But it is ok for you to scold? Sorry, but you can't have it both ways. You want everyone to play nice then you don't get to fuss at them.

LOL

Yea I agree that's a issue with the sales department. They like to make promises just to close the deal but if I was you call him or her back and either 1. Ask him about ur free fast passes OR 2- Ask to speak with a manager and tell them if you don't get the free fast past passes that was promise, you would withdraw from your upgrade purchase

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter