I have a tax confession to make

We did this too for years. And I agree that it was at least a way to have a trip fund I could not rob. However - one year I dropped the refund into our regular savings account and by the time the trip came $1000 had disappeared:rolleyes1.

THEN as the kids have grown up that refund has dropped. It was tied to having 4 kids. I just hope to get a little back this year to help out. I figure after next year we will not get anything unless I have them withhold more:sad2:.

Mom24Princesses said:
We did this too for years. And I agree that it was at least a way to have a trip fund I could not rob. However - one year I dropped the refund into our regular savings account and by the time the trip came $1000 had disappeared:rolleyes1.

THEN as the kids have grown up that refund has dropped. It was tied to having 4 kids. I just hope to get a little back this year to help out. I figure after next year we will not get anything unless I have them withhold more:sad2:.

We have no kids, use turbo tax and ALWAYS get something back, some years it has been as little as $200 from the Federal and $200 from the state.

The past few years it has been more since DW is now a full time student in a 4 year degree program. But that won't last much longer.

I am an accounting student (adult). Between my wife's good job, deductions for three kids and my school expenses, we always get a really BIG refund. I know that is not advisable because it is giving the government an interest free loan. Every class I take always has at some point a lecture about the evils of big refunds. I just sit there and nod my head in agreement as I think about my vacation being paid for out of our refund. I'm not disciplined enough to save out of each check if we adjusted things to get a smaller/no refund. Even if I was, invariably some of that money would disappear into general household needs. That disappearing money would negate any interest I could have earned by sticking the saved money into something that would earn a small interest rate. I am so ashamed of my big refund:blush: but I don't care anymore once we see the Welcome to Florida sign.:cool1:

I don't blame ya for being proud of your big refund. :P

I personally, would rather get a refund (no matter how large or small) than have to pay MORE come tax time. Sure, the ultimate goal (or so I hear) is to try and break even (get back very little or pay very little) but in this day and age (and economy) it can be tough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter