I have a tax confession to make

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by marius97, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Mom24Princesses

Mom24Princesses DIS Veteran

We did this too for years. And I agree that it was at least a way to have a trip fund I could not rob. However - one year I dropped the refund into our regular savings account and by the time the trip came $1000 had disappeared:rolleyes1.

THEN as the kids have grown up that refund has dropped. It was tied to having 4 kids. I just hope to get a little back this year to help out. I figure after next year we will not get anything unless I have them withhold more:sad2:.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. cmwade77

cmwade77 DIS Veteran

We have no kids, use turbo tax and ALWAYS get something back, some years it has been as little as $200 from the Federal and $200 from the state.

The past few years it has been more since DW is now a full time student in a 4 year degree program. But that won't last much longer.

4. *Seanaci*

*Seanaci* DIS-obsessed and proud!

I don't blame ya for being proud of your big refund. :P

I personally, would rather get a refund (no matter how large or small) than have to pay MORE come tax time. Sure, the ultimate goal (or so I hear) is to try and break even (get back very little or pay very little) but in this day and age (and economy) it can be tough.