I have a nosy question

txgirl

DIS Veteran
Friends and I were discussing grocery budget and it seems ours has grown lately. In an attempt to save for DW, we are looking at all areas of our budget. We have been conscience of spending for a while and we use cash for most of our day to day purchases, by withdrawing large amounts, dividing it up and then having only that alloted amount, which works well for us because when cash is gone :wave2: thats it! My friend was saying her husband is freaked out :crazy: by how much $$$$ she spends on groceries, gas, etc. so I thought I would see what my DIS'ers had to say. Here goes my monthly spending:

Gas: $300 (just my car-the gas guzzler :sad2: )
Groceries: $600-700 (that does include paper products, cleaning products, etc.)

That's Me, DH, DD-10, DD-8, DS-2

So you guys feel like sharing yours? :goodvibes

I don't mind sharing...

My car uses about $100 worth of gas each month.

We (dh and I) spend about $200-$300 on food and toiletries each month.

Gas -- about $200 per month, usually a tad less.

Groceries -- about $240 per month (that's just groceries and occasional toiletries).

That's just for dd4 and myself.

I spend about $60.00 in gas for my car a month.
We spend about 400 a month for food and etc.

I do not mind sharing either:

Gas is about $60 for my car (minivan, I am a SAHM and do not go out much)
DH car is a company car

Groceries and toiletries (including diapers) is about $600 per month

Eating out is about $125 per month could cut back but I refuse, I need a break from cooking.

We are a family of 5, me DH and 3 boys (11, 6, and almost 3)

Gas: $150 per month (I work tooooooooooo far from my home)!

Groceries: $200 - $250 including household products, etc.

Just two of us in the house DD(8) and mom. :teacher:

5 of us - Me, DH and 6,8 and 10 year old.

We spend about $175/month on gas. (DH works at home and only uses car occasionally to visit customers, I do mostly local driving).

Groceries - about $750/month. I think I need to work on that one!

Hi. I usually spend about 120 month for gas for my minivan. I usually spend about 800 - 900 month for food. We usually eat out about once a week. There are five of us myself, DH, DS 11, DD 9, and DD 4. It does amaze me how expensive everything is. It also amazes me when people spend so much less than me. Sometimes I wonder what they are eating. I find that the day or two before my shopping for the next week it is hard to find something to eat and I seem to spend some much more than other people?

Between dh and me, we spend approx. $180/month on gas (rapidly increasing, ugh!) and for groceries (dh, me, 12yo ds, 2 cats & dog) we're in the neighborhood of $400. This includes all toiletries, paper goods, etc. I really struggle with the grocery thing ... wish I could get it lower. :(

We (family of 5) spend about 750-800 on groceries. I don't know how I could possibly cut that down. About 300 on gas (2 cars). We eat out about 2-3 times per month. I guess I could cut that down, but we like to go out to eat! :flower:

I average around $100 or so per month on gas.

Groceries for myself and dd13 and dd9 run anywhere from $600 - $800 per month including everything

We spend about $350 a month for food for DH, me, DS10 and DD8 - that includes breakfast and lunch at school for both children. Our upper limit is $400. We are a single income family (with me being the breadwinner and DH the SAHD). We eat out about 6 times a year, not including vacations.

We have a healthy diet in which meat is more of a condiment than a main dish. Each child drinks milk and OJ every day, excluding what they get at school. We eat whatever fresh fruit is in season and stock up on frozen vegetables when on sale. Here in the Boston area there is a lot of competition among the supermarkets so we shop around and are not loyal to any one market.

Junkfood like chips, cookies, candy and soda(pop) are for special occasions at our house and also are not sold at their schools.

I still live with my parents. We (7 people, inc mu daughter) spend about $700-$800 on groceries and with 3 vehicles (1 van, 1 car, 1 (diesel) truck) we spend about $600 on gas/diesel.

I cannot believe the food money some of you spend. Its undertsandable I guess on how many mouths you have to feed, and where youlive. But as for me and my daughter i probably spend $150-200 on groceries, toiletries,etc..
I maybe spend $10 in gas in a month, as i live beside my work, i walk and rarely go anywhere but church and store.

Makayla princess: (6)

Gas (just my SUV) - $100/month
Groceries/Paper Products/Cleaning Products (DH and I) - $175-$200/month

Car for DH: around $500 or more (he commutes a long way, gas + parking)

Car for me: around $200

Groceries for family of four (kids 14 & 9) $600-800

Where we really need to save money is with our eating out! Hubby eats out every day for breakfast & lunch. I eat out at least one meal 4 days a week because I'm in school & it's more convenient. Then we eat out as a family at least once a week, and I'm talking decent sit-down restaurants. It's killing us!

I spend about $150 on gas a month. I work relatively close to home. DH drives to the train and commutes to work.

Groceries (including toiletries, and paper goods) run about 400-500 a week for DH, myself, DD13, DD4, DD2. That's overestimating a bit as well.

We eat out about 3-4 a month.

We spend $240 in gas (Durango and minivan) and I live about 5 miles from work. However, I think that we spend more in gas because that is part of our entertainment. We might go for a drive in the country instead of to the movies.

For groceries we spend $400 a month (includes toiletries) for DH, 2DD's, and FIL who stays 4 days a week (our babysitter, a big savings there).

We eat out once a week either pizza or (yuck) McDonalds!

I clip coupons but lately find that I don't use them because I am fine with using store brands for most items. I refuse to go from store to store though. I find the one that has the most items on sale that I want and buy all my groceries there. I hate getting milk at Wal-Mart, cereal at Kroger, etc. I think that waste too much of my time. Just my $.02.

Me, DH, DS 13 and DD 9

$240 in gas--we both work too far from home!

$300 for groceries occasionally adding paper products or toiletries

$35 for laundry detergents, most toilettries and paper products with coupons Dollar General or Walmart (but I really hate our Walmart so I go there very infrequently!)

$40 per month for takeout, no restaurants when a WDW trip is less than 6 months away.

Family of Five: Me, DW, DS-14, DDs= 7,8

Gas budget a month is currently $175.00

Grocery budget: $800.00 month including eating out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter