I had the Worst meal & Waiter ever at WCC

Pirate-Jeff

DIS Veteran
Bad service ?

I am still waiting for my soda at Wispering canyons cafe. The food was cold ! The waiter threw the napkins and straws at me, they landed on the floor. He never picked them up or came back with any more. I asked for a soda 3 times but still no soda. He was to busy running around pretending to be a horse or cowboy or something. I know part of the show (BS). I think he was stoned. There were no kids left in the restaurant by this time. By far the very worst meal I have had at Disney. We didn't eat at a prime time. Our dinner ADR were for 8:45 pm. They were not busy at all. Most of his section of tables were empty but they were not cleaned yet. (NASTY)
We finally had all we could take and left. When we went up front to pay the hostess she couldn't find our waiter. Seams he was on another unauthorized smoke break. The Hostess apologized several times but by now I was so mad there was nothing the hostess could do to make up for the bad service. She tried but I said no thanks. It was not her fault. She offered it for free. I insisted on paying so he would see what his tip was. When we left she was on the way to call to the Sr/manager about or server and the dirty tables.

I don't think we will ever be going to WCC again for any meal. or if this guy is our server at any other restaurant we won't stay..

Needless to say his tip was $ .25 not the usuall 10% to 25% we normally leave for OK to GREAT service.

I am home now and still waiting for my soda !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff

Our waiter threw straws at us too. Its part of the act ! Never had cold food though, apart from the salad. We enjoyed the loud whoop it up atmosphere even though we are very shy in restaurants. It made up for average food. Sorry your waiter was not good.

That's really too bad! Sometimes, when the service/food at a particular meal in going down like the Titanic, you'd think that the servers would cut the gimmicky routine for 10-15 minutes and simply work at getting the order straight and making the customer happy. Nothing's more grating when your meals screwed up and the server continues to put on a show while you simmer waiting for something as easy to get as a refill. We've had a similar (although not typical) experience at Prime Time with my preschool aged daughter's meal taking forever and a day to come out. Our server kept up the silly "Take your elbows off the table" routine, which we typically enjoy, while she began to melt down. I ended up pulling our waiter aside and muttered "Enough with the shtick...find our damn food!!". I think that in some instances, these servers need to be told that in the end, we're sitting in the restaurant to eat first, and be entertained second...

I don't understand where these servers go for 15-20 minutes at a time that I have read on here. Do you see them at other tables, getting drinks taking food out etc? Being a server I am never far from my customers, I mean yeah I have had the occasional customer get impatient over a certain item but I am usually always there without someone asking. My youngest is very impatient and I hope we don't wait forever and a day for food, refills, desert etc..:laundy:

Our waiter threw straws at us too. Its part of the act !

I may be wrong, but I don't think the point was that the waiter threw the straws/napkins at him, but that they landed on the floor and were never replaced. Ick :crazy2:

I totally agree that while the show is fun, the service/food should be #1. Of course, this is one of the reasons I don't do character buffets or themed dinners anywhere anymore. Despite the high price, the food sometimes seems an after thought and is unpredictable quality wise.

The dedication to character is nice, but when combined with lousy service, it kind of reminds me when you get a super friendly waiter who tries to act like your new best friend, like that waiter in Office Space with all the flair :laughing: . Then you get the worst service of your life, and adding insult to injury the few times they actually show up at your table (usually only to try to upsell Jalapeno poppers, Volcanic Lava Cake, or when they know you're about to write in the tip) they keep up the cutesy pal act like they haven't been gone for 30 minutes or insanely messed up your order. You just want to go, "I don't need another friend; I just need my food!"

I had a similar experience... my sister had stayed at WL for her honeymoon and when we went in 2004 she said we just HAD to try this great restaurant at WL. It put the dining experience over the line from 'part of the act' way into, 'a nice excuse to be a rude and inattentive'. I am staying at WL next year and don't plan on eating there.

We went on Sept 4th and had a not so great experience. The food was just ok except for the wings, which were the best. The waiter was nice but extremely slow. We were there almost 2hrs and didn't even get dessert. I was really looking forward to it since my dinner wasn't that great. Last year was great, but I will not go back after this experience. By the way this was the only bad dinner experience we had.

Thanks for sharing your WCC experience. Lately, it sounds as if they hired a few poor servers. There are still some really great ones there, though. We decided not to take a chance on our next trip :sad2: .

it's a joke guys . . .

Depending on the server, it isn't a very good one.

I'm from Chicago - home of Ed Debevics, which I love and appreciate. And there too - servers sometimes don't "get" where the line is between being entertaining with the attitude thing and when it becomes burdensome on the diner.

Apparently some servers at the WCC have a similar issue. I'm not humorless, but when paying a lot of money to dine at WCC, having your server ignore you while you have no drink with your meal in the name of 'being in characer' isn't funny any longer.

Glad I am not the only one. We had breakfast there last month and were seated late (despite empty tables), food took forever, refills on the skillet took even longer. Never again....

We ate there last Thursday and had a bad experience as well. The food was great but my husband had an empty glass the entire time, which is his biggest pet peeve. The worst part was that she asked him 3 times if he needed a drink and still never brought it. On top of that she brought me the gallon sized tea when I asked for a refill but nothing for him. He's a restaurant manager so he was really miffed. She didn't even have the comedy part of the routine down. They were not very busy plus there was a manager walking the floor but he didn't dare look at a table or do anything.

We just ate there twice last month. Once for lunch on 8/24 and once for breakfast on 8/27. Lunch - We ordered the skillet and an appetizer of nachos were were fantastic! The food was good, warm and prompt. Refills were plenty and the server wasn't overly friendly but not rude either. Breakfast was at 10:30 and it was excellent! Our food was quick, warm and delicious. My fiance and I both had eggs and my fiance had a side of French toast (big eater as you can tell). Our server Mat from Connecticut was fantastic, Extremely friendly and on top of everything we needed. I did see our server (can't remember his name) from when we had lunch and he seemed to be in the same ho-hum frame of mind! It's amazing how much of a difference a server can make in your experience. Based solely on lunch I wouldn't go back but after having such a great breakfast I'll be going back again! Just crossing my fingers I get Mat instead of grumpy gus!!!

My family and I ate there in June of this year. The food was terrible except for the nachos. The skillet wasn't good - the chicken had no seasoning. there was grease on the bottom of the skillet. Not just a little bit. I mean a lot!

I wouldn't go back there either. The waitress was bland. She did throw straws, but she was no into it. You could tell.

We always include WCC while at WDW. We had the absolute WORST service we have ever had at a WDW restaurant at WCC on August 29th. We waited several minutes to place our drink orders. When we got the drinks, we ordered the Skillet. It took almost 15 minutes to get the salad and corn bread. The salad was quite small for 3 people to share, but not to worry, the "Skillet" would be coming shortly.

Another 20 minutes went by and we finally got the the skillet. We did not get the BBQ sauce. We asked 3 times before we finally got it. We did order a refill of some items and that took another 20 minutes. The waitress just disappeared. She only had 3 tables and wasn't helping them -- just gone!

Getting a refill a drinks was another tough ordeal. We had our desserts boxed because we were trying to make it back to MK within an hour of closing. That took a while along with getting the check. In all we were there almost 2-1/2 hours!!!! We missed our chance to get back to ASMo via MK so we had to go all the way to DD and transfer there.

The worst part was we were on DDP, so we couldn't even show our dissatisfaction by leaving a lousy tip -- she still got the 18 percent tip which she certainly did not deserve.

We have always had good food and a good time and adequate service at WCC, but the service has gotten a little worse each time lately. But this time was outright ridiculous.

I do plan to write to Disney about the bad experience at WCC. I am doubly concerned because I am a DVC member and VWL is my home resort.

We ate there last week for breakfast. We generally love it there and make it a point to have dinner there every trip. This was our first breakfast, and although the food is average (you go for the atmosphere), we, too had a very slow waiter. It took him about 20 minutes to get to taking our orders, even though it wasn't very busy. We did not have ADR and only waited about 10 minutes to be seated.

I hope this isn't going to be the norm, we also had a terrible waiter at Le Cellier one night (Zach, if you are reading this, step it up!) Slow service and NO personality whatsoever!

We'll still go back to Whispering Canyon, hopefully, they'll get new servers.

We ate there twice last week, once for dinner (service and food was not great at all) and once for breakfast (food was good, service was great). Our waitress for dinner was less than fun, borderline rude and absent a lot. Our waitress for breakfast (tootsie pop was her name) was a gem. Very good service, kept the skillet full and the food came hot. She intereacted with us and we even took her picture. She made me feel less bad about the dinner experience but I probably wouldn't eat here again, even if we stay at WL again. :sad2: . I often think that the waiters and waitresses should put on a little show--maybe line dancing or something all at once in stead of hit and miss slapstick that some patrons receive and others don't.

My family ate there in April of 2005 and this is exactly what we experienced while there. The "act" is funny, but being intentionally ignored gets old REALLY QUICKLY. We too will never eat there again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter