I got my electric bill today

punkin

<font color=purple>Went through pain just to look
It doesn't even include our recent heat wave (which still hasn't broken) but it is almost twice what I paid last month. Ouch. It's like death by a million pin-pricks with everything going up through the roof.

I hear you! :thumbsup2 We haven't received our bill for the month yet but I am already dreading it.

Mine was through the roof!

I can't wait until winter, but then again I dread buying propane. :guilty:

I almost died when I saw mine, and as OP said it doesn't even include the recent heat wave.

Mine was 30% higher than the previous two months. I just got it last week before the heat wave, I deceided screw it, I am going to be broke I might as well be cool and I turned the air lower! Next month might be $150 but I have had it. If I am going to be broke, then I am going to be really broke!

My bill was 34% higher than the average that I budget for, and just under 20% higher than last month. Of course, this is Florida and it's been hot and humid...

One advantage of hurricanes that people don't talk about much: When a hurricane knocks out electricity for a week, your electric bill goes down the next month! :lmao: :rotfl2:

I am dreading mine here at the shop.. i have had to have the AC running for about 2 weeks now, day and night- of course i turn it down to low and enconomic setting at night.. but ugh, this 100 degree weather now is killing me.. I am DREADING the bill!!!

Ours was the highest it has ever been by almost $100.00. And the really bad thing is that it is this high and I am still hot!!

Wow! I guess perspective is everything! My electric bill was $650. Talked to GF with much smaller house--hers was $690. Another friend (Miss Frugal) had an $850 bill. Another friend had a $950 bill.

This time last year our bill was about $400. I didn't know the $100 electric bill still existed!

Belle5 said:
Wow! I guess perspective is everything! My electric bill was $650. Talked to GF with much smaller house--hers was $690. Another friend (Miss Frugal) had an $850 bill. Another friend had a $950 bill.

This time last year our bill was about $400. I didn't know the $100 electric bill still existed!

I think I would faint if I got that bill. We have a little 1850 sq foot ranch, and everything is electric except our heat. The first year in our home the average was 35-55 a month. It has slowly been creeping up and this last one was $101 and change. I had figured $65 -70 like June was. Maybe I will stop whinning about my $100.

I am on the yearly average plan it works great because there are never any surprises when I see the bill because I already know how much it will cost me each month.

I always hated the summer A/C bill and was always scared to open it!

Belle5 said:

Wow. Sometimes I am glad we lived stuffed into a little house, lol. We are in 1200 sq feet. There are 6 of us. No basement, no upstairs. No central air.

for us, a HIGH electric bill is $180. We have a window a/c unit we bought last summer, and have been running it quite a bit the past few days so I guess I can look forward to some sticker shock too (on a lesser scale, of course, lol).

Belle5 said:

Holy Cow!! WHAT is exactly being run for all bills like that?? I would seriously have issues if a bill EVER came in to my house like that!! (My house is about 1800 sq. feet) .. :scared1:

azgal81 said:
I am on the yearly average plan it works great because there are never any surprises when I see the bill because I already know how much it will cost me each month.

I always hated the summer A/C bill and was always scared to open it!

We are on the budget plan too. I like never having the surprise too. however I hate it when you are behind and on your anniversary month, you get a bill for a couple hundred dollars to catch up! :furious:

I guess our central AC being kaput is a blessing in disguise. We've only been running our two window units (one in the tv room the other in the bedroom) so our bill was only $75. :duck:

But, we have to pay $4000 to $6000 to replace said AC and furnace next spring...maybe a $300 electric bill isn't such a bad deal!

Same with us. We have a 2 story house with den and breakfast area and ours was $75. I was freaking at that! I guess it's not so bad compared to others. We have central air and I try to keep it at 79 during the day and 76 at night(our room is the hottest room in the house of course!) But these last 100 degree days, I've kept it cooler.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter