I got BOG reservations! Why I'm not happy...

It was announced earlier this week that BB and TL were swapping refurb schedules. BB's last day of operation until January is 10/24. It is on the official schedule when I look, photo attached.
So is Typhoon Lagoon now open in November since it was supposed to be closed for the whole month?

So I managed to snag a Be Our Guest reservation last week for October 24 at 12:50pm. The reason I'm not happy is it completely throws a monkey wrench into our plans. We were planning to do Blizzard Beach on the last day before it closes for the winter and there is no other day to do this. The water park opens at 10am, and we have to be at Magic Kingdom by 12:50. Then the water park closes at 5pm. What should we do? If there was a later time maybe like a 1:50 reservation or later, it might not be such a problem. What do we do?

1) No big deal.
2) As mentioned above, just skip BoG.
3) Either BB or BoG.
4) WHY must it be both?

So im happy to report that as of 2:30 AM this morning, i have a reservation for October 23rd at 1:45pm! It will be the first thing we do after we check into our disney world resort.

Thank you to everyone who said to keep trying, and to anyone who is still looking, i pass along the same advice. I got mine in the early AM, when i wasn't expecting to find it so maybe that played a factor.

I honestly think if you keep watching, especially a couple of weeks before departure, you will be able to get a different time.

I also think that you might have transportation issues as well. It never goes smoothly when you need to. :) Trust me last week I thought going from MK to DTD for BBB appts at 1:40 and 1:50 back to MK for BOG at 4:10 would be no problem. We barely made it and that was because we took a taxi from DTD had them drop us off at Contemporary and we ran to MK. We got there with 5 minutes to spare. If we had used the bus I don't think we would have made it.

It's still early, something might open up at BOG on another day. I would choose the water park over a dining reservation any day! Plus as a pp said, watch the weather forecast, if it's rainy or cold, go to BOG. If it's nice, go to TL.

There is still a lot of time between now and October. I would cancel the BOG reservation and go to BB instead and keep trying for another reservation at BOG if that restaurant is on your most-dine places. The best time to check back for reservations is close to your 45-day mark. People have to have their resort reservations paid for by then and some many cancel their vacations all together for different reasons or finalize their plans for different restaurants. So, don't give up yet!!!!! Just keep checking about once or twice a week and you never know...you might get BOG at the time you want and still make BB. DO NOT------DO NOT show up 30 minutes late because they won't take and if you are over 15 minutes late they charge for the no-show fee.

Weather in later October can be iffy..... I would skip BB

This - maybe wait til day prior and see how the weather is looking. If its going to be on the chillier side, cancel your BB plans and go enjoy BOG.

As tempting as it is, I'm not even going to try to book BOG for breakfast, lunch, or dinner during our week-long trip coming up next spring. I would like to try it, of course, but it doesn't fit into our plans well and there are other places I'd rather go to. Plus, I'd like to keep our sanity and not try to rush to get there just because it's popular.

I guess I never was part of the popular crowd, why start now? ;)

~Cari~ pluto:

You still have plenty of time to decide. Hold onto BOG for now and watch for other times that work better. If nothing comes up by early Oct, then watch the Disney weather and decide if swimming is an option or if it is too cold and BOG is the better plan. I was at Disney the last week of Oct 2014 and the nights were in the high 40s, which made mornings cool, but by the time I exited my first ride it was warm enough I was glad for my sleeveless shirt. The day I flew home, everyone was fussing that it was going to go down to the low 40s the next day.

From your original post it sounds like you and your family really want to go to BB. I would cancel BOG and make a full day at BB on that day. Blizzard Beach is full of a ton of great Water Slides and stuff and BOG is basically just food for lunch. Go with Blizzard Beach.

I would definitely keep checking. I bet you find something close to the time you want before your trip. A lot of ADRs are released as people finalize plans and Disny often releases a bunch of ADRs at random times too. Just keep checking!

Personally, I would skip that BOG ADR. Keep trying to get a time that works for you. We enjoyed our lunch at BOG but I wouldn't throw a wrench in my plans to eat there when we weren't spending the day at MK.

I'll take your 10/24 BOG ressie if you haven't already released it! I've been looking for that date!

Look on the bright side...you have quite awhile before your trip to keep looking for Be Our Guest reservations that line up with your park plans. I'm fairly confident that if you check back regularly, you will find something that will work better for you. I enjoy BOG, but I wouldn't change my park plans based around it.

So, my advice would be to keep checking for reservations on days that work better for you, and if you can't find one, reassess your situation closer to the trip.

Good luck!!
Great advice. Chances are high you can get a more workable BOG reservation if you are patient and just keep looking.

Lots of people like BOG, but we were very disappointed for lunch. My family thought we were crazy for waiting on that bridge in the hot sun for 20 minutes. I wished I could have had that time back too. It would have been really bad if we had cancelled something else we were looking forward to just to do it. As it was, I was just sad we didn't eat at Columbia Harbor House instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter