I got BOG reservations! Why I'm not happy...

The Comeback Kid

Earning My Ears
So I managed to snag a Be Our Guest reservation last week for October 24 at 12:50pm. The reason I'm not happy is it completely throws a monkey wrench into our plans. We were planning to do Blizzard Beach on the last day before it closes for the winter and there is no other day to do this. The water park opens at 10am, and we have to be at Magic Kingdom by 12:50. Then the water park closes at 5pm. What should we do?

If there was a later time maybe like a 1:50 reservation or later, it might not be such a problem. What do we do?

Skip BOG. IMO it's overrated. Sounds like to much of a hassle to be worthwhile with your plans.

You can't do everything. What's your priority? If I had specifically planned to do Blizzard Beach that day, that BOG reservation just wouldn't have been an option for me.

You can't do everything. What's your priority? If I had specifically planned to do Blizzard Beach that day, that BOG reservation just wouldn't have been an option for me.

Yes. This. What's most important to you? Then, plan accordingly. If Blizzard Beach is going to make your trip, cancel BOG and be happy with your choice.

I wouldn't change my park or touring plans to accommodate any ADR. I would make my desired plans then make the ADRs to line up with those parks/times. If I can't get the ADR I want, we eat QS. But then again, I'm not going to WDW for the restaurants which I know is not the case for everyone.

Do you think they would take us if we were a half an hour late? It's just that me and my friends were really looking forward to this

Also we are staying at a Disney world resort so transportation between Blizzard Beach and the Magic Kingdom I don't forsee as being a problem

Do you think they would take us if we were a half an hour late? It's just that me and my friends were really looking forward to this

Also we are staying at a Disney world resort so transportation between Blizzard Beach and the Magic Kingdom I don't forsee as being a problem

No, I don't. 5 probably, maybe 10 but not half an hour. If I was going to be half an hour late to somewhere, I just wouldn't bother to show up. Not fair to everyone who is there at the right time. And they'll probably charge you the no-show fee by then.

BOG is extremely hard to get into so you can hope and pray for a different time but unlikely. Decide which is a true desire and priority and go with that. Not being a water park person and with the weather the end of Oct iffy I'd go with BOG.

Look on the bright side...you have quite awhile before your trip to keep looking for Be Our Guest reservations that line up with your park plans. I'm fairly confident that if you check back regularly, you will find something that will work better for you. I enjoy BOG, but I wouldn't change my park plans based around it.

So, my advice would be to keep checking for reservations on days that work better for you, and if you can't find one, reassess your situation closer to the trip.

Good luck!!

We went to WDW June 17-23 and I really wanted a dinner reservation at BOG. One finally opened up just a few days before we left. It is my understanding that about a week or two before the date a lot of reservations open up as people finalize their schedules.

I do not think they will take you if you are 30 minutes late. Nor do I think they should. If there was space available 30 minutes later, you could book it.
Why do you think using Disney transportation will not be a problem? There is no direct Disney service between Blizzard Beach and the MK. You will have to wait for a bus to a resort which could be 20 minutes or more, then you will have to wait at the resort for a bus to the MK, again a 20 minute or more wait plus actual travel time. This can take quite a long time.
I think you need to choose one or the other
Good Luck

Definitely just skip BOG.. The only way I'd keep a BOG reservation that might throw a wrench in our plans, is if it is dinner! Lunch at BOG was terribly overrated and I am in no hurry to rush there for lunch again any time soon.. Dinner is a whole different ballgame, much better- food and experience. I would enjoy the day at Blizzard Beach. And keep checking for a BOG adr on a day that works better in your plans. People do cancel all the time, especially as it gets closer to your trip.. you never know, you may just be able to snag a dinner ADR later for a better day.

There's still 4 months to keep checking online for a BOG reservation at a better time so you don't have to make a final decision yet. How many are in your group? If it is a large party you can split your group and look for 2 smaller reservations for the same time. There is also a cancellation thread for October that you can subscribe to, but be sure to read the rules in the first post:
http://www.disboards.com/threads/new-guidelines-october-cancelled-adr-thread-read-1st-post.3402011/

You have until the night before to cancel the BOG reservation if you cannot find something that works better or you decide you would rather spend the day at BB. I don't think going to BB for 2 hours, then heading to the MK would be much fun because you won't have very much time at BB. As far as transportation you could take the bus to a resort, ideally Contemporary, or take a cab to the Contemporary and walk to the MK from there.

Where are you getting the information that BB is not open after 10/24? The schedule shows it open through the end of the month and into November. That said, I would hold onto the reservation until you see what the weather is going to be like a few days before.

Where are you getting the information that BB is not open after 10/24? The schedule shows it open through the end of the month and into November. That said, I would hold onto the reservation until you see what the weather is going to be like a few days before.

It was announced earlier this week that BB and TL were swapping refurb schedules. BB's last day of operation until January is 10/24. It is on the official schedule when I look, photo attached.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 12
It was announced earlier this week that BB and TL were swapping refurb schedules. BB's last day of operation until January is 10/24. It is on the official schedule when I look, photo attached.

Thanks, I did not know the schedule changed. My DD will be happy, she wanted to go to Typhoon Lagoon the last week of October.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter